AT MINES got nerfed???

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by snu, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Goats

Hehe. I like putting proximity mines in the spawn room of bases I'm about to lose. Similar, just as fun.
  2. Prudentia

just losing many mines when i lay they them down and walk so something getsin the way and i lose 75rez and the sunderer is stull a clone car....
  3. Xae

I understand the nerf to mining sunderers, but the downgrade in QOL for actual mining is annoying.

I don't want to use the buggy box/turret code for the mines. I also can't throw them off ledges anymore. I hate having to switch weapons to get two of them down.

I totally understand the spacing requirement and I wouldn't mind if mines were changed to require the vehicle to actually move to trigger it.
  4. FaLI3N

I think i'm going to take my money and go, hackers getting annoying when they are the deciding factor in every major battle and now sundies are even harder to remove.. if the 20+ people zerging around a sundy spawn weren't clued in enough to protect their forward spawning position then they have no right being there. Another waste of infantry resources haha (dam infil distraction nades, like they fool anyone when my decloak noise gives me away).
  5. Spartan 117

This is a pretty silly change imo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with AT mines. Considering you have to spend infantry resource for each mine, have to run up to a sunderer & drop them as a squishy class this was a pretty poor design change.
  6. Compass

It still works, it's just not as easy. Relax.
  7. Spartan 117

It was a unnecessary change. Again, rarely play engi so it hardly effects me but I feel like it was a kneejerk reaction to all the QQ on the forums.
  8. Copain

Right now you're allowed to deploy five regardless of your certs (unless it was just patched, was doing it yesterday still). Dunno if it's a glitch or not.
  9. FrothyMug

You know, I have the ability to carry 4, but I did have a fifth one placed at one of the satellites near Mani the other day. THought it was just a lucky break on my part. For now, I won't chance testing it out, as I'm always short on infantry resources.
  10. Bubu

I agree with this. Instead of a nerf, the players should use the defensive certs most vehicles have on them.
  11. Yojinj

Thank the lord those things got nerfed! Dropping mines ON my sunderer happend way too often. I have no issue with enemies C4ring my precious from any direction, but mines ON a vehicle was just insane. And please don't start the "don't park where it can be dropped", sometimes there is no other way to park.
  12. Prudentia

why are there even complains on dropping those things on sunderers? dropping them under the vehicle is much better, you get more kills, and i killed already 50 sunderers by dropping mines under them, in the open field.... its just much stealthier^^
  13. Nuubo

You have no issue with C4 because it takes 3 C4s to kill a Sunderer, but most classes can carry only 2 of them.... no wonder you dont mind them....