Are the VS getting screwed with this Anniversary Pack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ThreePi

No, the stats say it does not kill as many people or as fast as as the other two guns. The ES Heavy weapons don't all fulfill the same roles. The VS actually get a unique weapon that fulfills a purpose that a role that no other faction gets, a long range, spammable, suppression weapon. NC get a shotgun whose function is largely mirrored by every other shotgun in the game and TR get an a close range LMG that is slightly more spammy than other LMGs.

What your asking for is a weapon that kills on the level of the MCG and JH, but also has a unique role that isn't duplicated by any other weapon in the game. You're asking for an objectively OP weapon.
  2. Foxirus

It was buffed quite a bit. Give the striker some time and it will rise in the stats. The last time the lasher got a buff was in 2013, and its still the worst.
  3. Foxirus

First off the lasher is not viable in the slightest at long range. I'd go into greater detail, but I dont have the time to do that due to work. Go watch wrels video on the lasher, he explains it perfectly that its effective range is only about 40-60 meters. Beyond that range, its velocity becomes a killing issue. Combine its 100m/s velocity with the fact its nearly impossible to use its "Suppression" if you dont have the high ground and that literally every weapon can beat it in a head to heaf fight? Yeah, thats really going to become "objectively op".
  4. Jubikus

The striker will never be used unless its ungodly OP because of the exposure time required to dump the mag the other reason its not used is because it has no niche it does absolutly nothing other things dont do better its cool that it can cyote to air and this is why i like it but its not better than a lock on launcher for AA. The reason the lasher is used and the Striker is not despite the lasher being crap is it at least has a niche for suppression which is cool tho the damage is piss poor and my god i wish TR and NC players would figure this out and it actually doesnt kill very often it has this nice stratigy that goes with it you step 1- stick an engineer turret at the top of the steps near the objective. step 2- put ammo pack down step 3 have a heavy spam lasher down the stairs TR and NC will never go near it youll kill nobody but you wasted their time which is important its quite funny. Think of it like a skyguard boring unrewarding deterrent.
  5. Foxirus

The striker is the most common form of AA launchers I run into when fighting the TR. Its better than a lock on because thats instant damage that the pilot doesn't know is coming. With a lockon? The second you aim at that vehicle, that pilot knows its coming and can pop flares. I see more TR heavies running the Striker more than I do Heavies using the lasher. The only reason its winning on uniques is simply because when the VS disco party, literally every member of the squad will pull it for that reason alone. They wont touch it otherwise unless its to force an auraxium.
  6. ThreePi

Again, you're basing your thoughts on the idea that the Lasher should fulfill the same role as the MCG and JH. It doesn't and you can't compare KPU/KPH when the guns don't share the same role. You cannot have a Lasher that has the same killing potential as the MCG and JH but keeps its completely unique advantages. It's one or the other.
  7. Reclaimer77

I can't remember the last time I thought to myself "Hey, I need to find a doorway to "suppress", I better grab the Lasher".

It's a useless weapon. VS Heavies already have AV weapons with HUGE splash damage that straight up kill enemies. Even ones hiding behind cover. So why do I even need the Lasher?
  8. ThreePi

Why do NC need another shotgun? Why do TR need another machine gun? The Lasher is one of the only functionally unique weapons in the game.
  9. Reclaimer77

People don't use HA and Heavy Weapons to be unique, they use it to get kills. I mean let's just be honest here.

Yes the Lasher is unique and in certain situations is highly effective. The problem is when you play Heavy Assault, you cannot know for certain if you're going to be in that optimal situation, or be forced into 1 v 1 combat with a Jackhammer or LMG user.

Being "unique" in Planetside doesn't score points or get you exp. /shrug
  10. Foxirus

Thats bull and you know it. Youre telling me it cant be EQUAL to the other versions for the simple fact it can do 25 explosive damage at 3m? Might I also remind you that "advantage" requires a door as well as the high ground to be even barely effective at suppression? I can and will compare KPU and KPH, its a GUN.
  11. ThreePi

As a Jackhammer user I frequently find myself engaged by targets outside the JH's effective range. Therefore the Jackhammer needs to be buffed.
  12. FateJH

As an experienced TR Engineer, if Claymores have taught me anything it's that, if you push hard enough, anything can be a "door" or a "corner." I am quite convinced that, with enough pushing, you could finagle a lot of "high ground" out of places you never thought possible too.
  13. Reclaimer77

Dude where did I say the Lasher needed to be buffed?

And your comparison is absurd. The Jackhammer is the king of all indoors combat. As an NC player, you KNOW if you're fighting for a control point 9 times out of 10 the Jackhammer gives you the advantage.

Please give me a similar situation where I know I can pull the Lasher and use it's niche. When someone might need a random doorway "suppressed"? Just..LMAO, okay whatever.

I have 7 weapons Aurax'd on my VS character. The Lasher isn't one of them. I never even pull the thing. Why in the hell would I when there's much better options??
  14. Foxirus

...So thats it then? Thats the best you can do to prove it doesnt need its MUCH needed buff? "With enough pushing, everywhere can be made a door" is all I got from that... Im not buying that argument. The lasher is underperforming and needs a tuneup.
  15. asmodraxus

Lasher is not unique the Pounder does the same job but better.

Lasher is a joke of a weapon, but hey the same goes for the following VS weapons

PPA
    PPA-H
    ZoE
    Beamer
    Phaseshift...

But that's the VS way

AKA common pool empire as the NS weapons are general upgrades
  16. ThreePi

If you don't use the Lasher, that's on you. The Lasher gets more playtime and has more unique users than the Jackhammer.
    • Up x 1
  17. Foxirus

The only reason it has more unique play time is merely because platoons troll with it as a glorified disco ball machine. It simply is not viable in any competitive manner.
  18. ThreePi

[Citation Needed]
  19. Foxirus

Refer to the first post and look at the stats. Theres your citation. Now give me yours showing it doesn't need a buff.

By the way, great work avoiding replying to my earlier post to you.
  20. Reclaimer77

Because there are more unique VS characters maybe??