Are people still defending the NC MAX?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Qaz

Yes, because it's fine. The shotguns on the maxes work incredibly well and are pretty damn hard to counter, especially at chokepoints or in biolabs. However, i dont believe that a nerf is warranted. I can only speak for the vanu max, but it's not very effective at killing infantry at any ranges, unfortunately. Accuracy and spread are very high, meaning that it takes pretty long to kill anything. I'd like to see the other maxes buffed. That means more bullets for TR, and maybe a laser beam for vanu. NC AI is the close quarter king and should remain there. TR's max should spew out a million bullets and do pretty high damage too. Vanu ... idk.
  2. Aerius

You mean exactly like a VS/TR max? All maxes are terrible outside of extremely close range, the difference is that the NC max has the LOL1HIT weapon at close range.
  3. KoSGunny

You are extremely slow.

I said leave NC MAX as it is, it's fine. Your entire argument is null, void, and irrelevant. Nice job making a fool of yourself.

Quoting myself since once isn't enough for you to read:
    Medic 2, 3 MAXs, 1.. Yeah I don't see how they're OP.

Good day, sir.. trollolol
  4. Dramek

I would agree that an NC max at close range is a beast. But NC max at any other range than in your face is useless. Read useless, not hard to kill. I'd do better throwing flowers at you. NC AI max is a close range only weapon. The tr an vs maxes at least have ranged. And that being said as a dual haxsaw max my favorite max is the TR dual cycler. It's a good general purpose weapon and might not hit as hard as NC's but it's much more useful outside a biolab which is all about NC's is good for. Unless your willing to try and run through an open area and hope any other infantry class won't just take you out before you can get anywhere near to hit them.

Run around a corner and slam into an NC max, I'll destroy you and your buddy, but outside the blind corner they are easily countered.
  5. korpisoturi

give all maxes more staying power/shields to eat more enemys fire without needing to be repaired all the time but nerf the TTK to compensate that.
    • Up x 1
  6. ElectricEye

I killed two NC MAXs within 10 minutes as a light assault, last night. Stayed out of range of his guns, flew around to his backside, peppered with shots and a grenade, fly to the roof and repeat. Not OP if you play to your strengths and avoid his/hers.
  7. Nuubo

This discussion is about MAX vs MAX combat. Read the damn thread before responding, ffs! :)
  8. Spectre9000

So, I'm fairly new, but I did play Planetside 1, and I think people are missing the point of each empires ideology in weaponry.

Vanu: Utility
    NC: Raw Power
    Terran: Spray'N'Pray

So... what's my suggestion? Make the MAX's live up to their empires ideology.

For Vanu, give them accuracy and reload speed over the other empires. Also wouldn't mind seeing them have somewhat of a piercing capability that would give all their weapons some capability in all areas. For instance, AI MAX weapons that can dmg tanks a little, not a lot, and definitely not anywhere on par with AV weapons, but some dmg, or Weapons that pierce shields a little like when certain snipers hit me and my shields are full and my health is almost gone from that hit. Don't make this damage great, but put a little dmg there, to at least give them the utility to stand, albeit a slim chance, a chance nonetheless.

For NC, give them pure stopping power, which I believe they basically have now. I would suggest they have a longer ranged weapon, but at the cost a more powerful weapon would bring: Slower projectile speed and more drop off. Perhaps grenade launchers as an idea. Powerful, effective, and you can't aim dead at the target to use, but would have to arc them. NC are all about crude effective weapons packing a punch to me, but that's taken from my Planetside 1 mentality.

For TR, give them their chainguns and give them some range. TR love chainguns.

However, while this will move weaponry towards their intended goals, I do feel that there's some other issues that should be dealt with to accommodate their intended style of play.

For instance, Vanu MAX's should have the best mobility, while NC should have the more survivability, and TR liked to entrench themselves from a good vantage point and mow enemies down.

This could be achieved by giving them somewhat modified versions of their PS 1 counterparts quite easily.

For Vanu, I've seen some people asking for jetpacks on MAX units. I would say instead to give them the ability to perform a "Super Jump". You're running, and then perform a Jump in that direction, with only slight directional control while jumping. This would have to be tweaked, to not make it a jet pack and a cooldown greater than that of a jet pack, but Vanu are all about mobility and getting in places the other empires can't, and I view the ability to get over walls crucial to this. Actually make the other empires want to man the walls instead of just the towers and gates.

For TR, give them back their ability to entrench themselves, increasing their accuracy and RoF at the cost of their mobility.

For NC, make them slower and increase their health. They're supposed to be the brutes.

Also, another way to add another mechanic to better tweak and balance MAX units are shields. Vanu could rely more on shields, NC more on health, and TR be a middle ground to both. With piercing weapons, and just the dynamic of sustained fights vs blitz fights and defenses this would really make each empire closer to seeming truly unique.

This is just my 2 cents, and I'm new to PS 2, so feel free to correct me (most likely this will come in the form of trolling and flaming), but at least give me your reasoning.
  9. Jackyl

I would gladly trade my hacksaws for a pair of those chainguns on the TR max.

If a scat is camping a door perhaps you should try a different door. Running through like a lemming hoping that the dual automatic SHOTGUNS 3m from your FACE don't kill you is a little foolish.
  10. Tetryon

Take away it's ability to 1 shot infantry and I'd consider givein it range. At the moment it's a little on the stupid side at how fast it can tear through an infantry and just walk away like nothing happened. You literally have ZERO reaction time to do anything if you come around the corner into a scatmax.
  11. Daswen

It is two shot on infantry.

Anyway, NC have ONE strength, beside the amazing Vanguard : Close quarter MAX. You really want to nerf that too? As said before, if you want to enter a room alone, NC MAX keeped, be ready to :
    1) DIE
    2) C4 and DIE
    3) Rocket and DIE.

Every MAX in the game should be hard to kill. NC MAX isnt hard to kill, but you should think twice before enter a room like a lemming when 20 of your buddys died behind the door.
    • Up x 1
  12. jihadmonkey75

I like how the OP is Vanu and is one to talk about someone being overpowered.
  13. Gary

He has a perfectly valid point though the NC are holding a bio lab with maxes and both the TR and VS cant even get a point. The NC max sprints in kills your max runs out. Comes in finishes of the engineers. Complete joke when it comes to Time to kill on those shotguns. since its a biolab no range can be gotten between you and the max and they seem to like sitting in corners...
  14. Duckforceone

if you are a TR or VS, and you complain you can't kill an NC CQB max, then stop going into CQB with it, unless you have anti vehicle weapons.

Use your heads, and engage it at distance. Then it can barely do any damage to you, while you can tear it apart like wet cheese.

and if you still want to complain about it needing a nerf, then remember, that it should get access to the same weapons you have too, because currently, it's not effective unless it's within 10 meters or so...
    and mostly only good inside the biolab...

so stop complaining, and start actually playing the way it's meant to be done... it's not the shotguns fault that you run up close when you should have stayed away and played smarter.

i would actually love a long range machine gun on my max, so i could take out those pesky enemy maxes i so often meet at range, that just chews me up.. or the smart heavy that engages me at 30-50 meters with his 100 round guns..

SO BUFF NC MAXES TO SHOOT FARTHER!!!! :D

also, i'm quite often taken down in my dual hacksaw max by enemy maxes outside my effective distance... but hey, they are probably players who actually think before they engage... :D
  15. MGP

So, literally, what you're suggesting, don't attack any NC bases, and wait for NC to go outside the walls themselves? Yea. Right.

But i still think NC should keep their OP weapons. Just to compensate for the lack of skills.
  16. MintiFresh

Quit ******** about NC MAX's. They're fine, and you are bad for saying they're OP.
  17. Skadi

Ide actualy wager thats balanced considering you INSTA gib anything within (its honestly around 20 meters if your using dual hacksaws) unlike the other maxes, the TR one blows at anything besides the same ranges as the NC max, and the VS one just blows in general.
  18. MGP

ROFL @ NC defending their OP toys )
    I guess they realize what, if put on "equal ground" with other empires, they'll be warpgated 24/7. CoD kids...
    • Up x 1
  19. Plague Rat

Tell you what, NC will tone down their maxes when Vanu tones down their magrider saron tank sniping, and TR throws out 10 rounds out of every clip (lame I know but I can't think of anything BS mechanically about TR atm. Can't really blame mossy zergs on mechanics)

Deal?
  20. MintiFresh

They're not the only one defending it. NC MAX's are fine. You are bad for complaining about them. Stop.