Are people still defending the NC MAX?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Aerius

It's actually possible, unlike a medic vs an NC MAX ;)

On the subject of MAX against MAX, I'll happily use my horrible Cosmos against a TR MAX knowing that if I shoot first I can actually win. NC MAX? Lol, run away and hope a heavy RPGs him.
    Wanna know what's funny? Your dual Scattercannons are almost as good at taking out enemy MAX units as a VS using dual Comets, a supposed AT weapon.
  2. Armored Gorilla

Lol No one read this? It explains that NC MAX burst damage vs TR/VS Sustained Damage.
  3. Regpuppy

Have to say. After trying out some max weapon for TR, I think the issue is people using one default or two against a dual hacksaw max at close range and wondering why they get gibbed. Dual mercy's on a TR max are beast at mid range. Aim towards the upper chest and stay at mid-range for fantastic results. The CoF on thos things, especially when you allow a slight break (half a second?) when it starts to spread more is nice and tight. Allowing quick infantry or max kills at ranges where an NC max is mostly helpless.

Use the double mercy, TR. Use them and stay at mid range :p
  4. Bill Hicks

so babies are complaining about a shotgun being strong at close quarters? I have been killed at range by many VS maxes. Maybe the VS need mini magriders so they can enter buildings with them
  5. Daswen

QFT, TR MAX is fine.
  6. Eric Smith

Easy to say, hard to do when you have to run point capture/point defense as in most bases. Or run out of a spawn or transporter room past an NC Max.

Against other Max units, yes. Realistically shotgun pellets bounce off of solid armor, and a Max unit is supposed to be solid armor isn't it? Instagibbing other Max units is both unrealistic and unbalancing. I've got no problem with an NC Max having a major edge in CQC against another Max unit. I do have a problem with an NC Max being literally unstoppable against another Max unit at CQC, especially when this entire game is either Vehiclecide or CQC. There are very few mid range battles, because at those range people just run tanks and fighters (which will obliterate any Max unit).
  7. Bill Hicks

why are max units fighting each other? its like two flashes fighting each other, no point. Its very rare for two max units to be fighting each other. What are your teamates doing? sippin coke? your max should be fighting at range. And if two maxes are alone and fighting each other, they are both stupid. Maxes need support
  8. Arcanum

But that's what a major edge is. You have to understand that the NC trying to defend that either genuinely don't see other MAXes being half as good as them at CQC as fair(/fun) or just want to have advantages over other factions.
  9. Conq

The NC Max does need a second look, it's a little too effective in Bio Labs. Needs better range and less damage.

Devs forgot to nerf them along with the other shotguns.
  10. Eric Smith

TR Maxes are not "half as good" as NC Maxes in CQC. If they were half as good they'd do, oh I dunno, maybe half damage to an NC Max in a CQC fight in the time it takes the NC Max to kill them. In a CQC fight an NC Max can take down a TR Max in about 1 second, which is about enough time to do a bar or two of health, which an Engineer can repair in about 1 second. Meanwhile in a mid range fight a TR Max can do about 15% damage to an NC Max in the time it takes him to realize that he's being shot, turn around, and run for cover. There is no engagement that a TR Max can actually win against an NC Max unless the NC Max player is stupid or heavily damaged before the engagement begins. The best he can do is attain a draw by making the NC Max run for cover, and if anybody follows they get instagibbed by the NC Max as soon as they round the corner where the NC Max is hiding.

Tell that to the NC Max who is nearly instagibbing TR and VS Maxes. I will agree that there is almost no point to a TR or VS Max fighting an NC Max, because there is no engagement where they can actually win out over a moderately smart NC Max player. The NC Max either forces a CQC battle or disengages to a place where he can force a CQC battle.

Being instagibbed by the other 3 NC Maxes in the area. True story bro.
    What range? Even the in game descriptions call all TR AI Max weapons Close range. The best TR AI weapons are only useful to about 40m (the width of a BioLab landing pad) and only truly effective to about 20m. That's within a hairs breadth of where an NC Max can instagib me, and if all I do is stay at range I'll *NEVER* be able to defend or take a point from an NC Max.
  11. D0n

Well, as long as it is an NC nerf, I expect this to happen within a few days or on the next patch, after all, it is the NC for Christ's sake, it must always get nerfed hard anytime something seems slightly off.

Let's forget the rest of the balance issues pertaining to TR and VS, we do not want another beta where NC were considered the boogie man.
  12. Sogui

A large NC outfit has held Allatum biolab almost nonstop this week, even when they have <25% continent pop.

More than 70% of their forces are just MAX's, literally 5-10 Hack/Scat MAX's on every entry point. You can't even throw C4 out because you die the instant you walk out the door. The NC KNOW how broken their MAX is and will continue abusing it until it finally gets its well deserved nerf.
  13. elseagoat

I use dual Falcons, and will continue to use dual Falcons against infantry. Cry all you want about out MAX shotguns, I'll continue to plug double grenade rounds into infantry at long range for an instagib all day. Don't hurt my feelin's one bit.

P.S. Apparently this game should be a run and gun shooter and strategy and tactics thrown out the window in favor of lone wolfers crying for nerfs until they can mindlessly defeat any enemy with zero brainpower.

P.P.S In response to the little girl above me, I recently witnessed a TR outfit hold a completely surrounded and outnumbered biolab using MAX's with dual Mercys. Your point is moot.
  14. Daswen

I am playing on Miller, and believe me when i said there is as many MAXXES on every sides. Yesterday we lost a biolab to TR, and every door was keeped by 4 RED MAXXES.

C'est la vie. :)
  15. Arcanum

When did I say that?
    Even "half as good" at least gives you a chance at CQC if you get the first shot or have another MAX with you(...or are fighting a lagger), which is what many NC don't want as can be clearly seen by the responses in this thread. Even that compromise that leaves them some CQC advantage many will reject.

I'm not asking for a nerf, I'm asking for TR and VS to have the option to be more like NC.
  16. Niamar

There can be no balance here, what will probably happen is nerfs and more nerfs until max's are heavy's with more hitpoints.
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'd gladly have my VS Max a heavy with more hitpoints.
    That'd be a significant upgrade in firepower.
  18. Randomguy365

VS MAX is already worthless outside of 10 meters, and inside of 5 meters is a deadzone where they can't even shoot you
    NC are ******* stupid, i've noticed.
  19. Randomguy365

that would be a MASSIVE buff for a VS MAX
    currently they're just a heavy without any shields and a shotgun that only fires one pellet at a time.
  20. MGP

The Dual Mercy won't save you from dual hacksaw in mid range. Here's the story i've posted few days ago:

Yesterday, I've met an NC AI MAX (dual skillsaw, as i found out later). He was like 20-something meters away. I was behind him in my DM. I've started shooting him. At first, he didn't realize where the fire was coming from, when he turned to me, and before i could put my finger on strafe button, i was looking at the death screen. It shows what i took out slightly more then a half of his armor. So, yea. VS and TR maxes don't stand a chance against NC anywhere closer then 30 meters. It's instant death.

Currently the only thing that can kill dual hackwas max 1 on 1 is a tank. No matter the range.