Increasing Performance with PlanetSide 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ItchySox

Same processor, same performance. :(
  2. Fluxpod

Getting very Playable performance with my pc now! 80 to 130 fps with 0 drops.Render distance to 78% most stuff on low exept flora as i just like the "weed". Loadtimes are after initial load,seconds.Very Happy with that.:D
  3. Fluxpod

If you want good Performamnce in ps2.Disable that:
    Intel EIST
    Intel C State
    C1E Support
    Overspeed Protection
    Execute Bit Support
    Intel Virtual Tech
    Intel VT-d Tech

You find those Settings in your Bios.

And set your Powersettings to Max.
    Its a Standart for highend audio-video systems.
    Works.
  4. TeknoBug

Yeah for AMD disable CoolnQueit and CIE and CPU core turbo, also I've noticed from monitoring GPU-Z that sometimes the PCI-E bus "sleeps" kicking it from x16 2.0 or 3.0 down to x8 or x16 1.1, GPU-Z lets you run a little render test that will usually kick it back to 2.0 or 3.0 and that makes a significant difference in some games.
  5. Silus

I....I have no idea what is up with my computer. Just....*Throws hands up*

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2200Mhz (No idea if this is right)

No idea how to find the rest of the info off hand. Graphics are as low as I can get them, at I'm still getting 0-8 FPS at the warpgate area. There's nothing on in the background that would tax the computer any beyond anti-spyware and Steam.

I mean, I can run X3: Albion Prelude on full graphics, and that's littered with bloom lighting and reflective textures with only a performance drop in sectors with crazy complexes, but I can't run this on the lowest settings?

Ugh...just....I dunno.
  6. Makiaveli

Your previous post said you had 1gb of RAM free out of 2. The minimum is 4 if I remember correctly. That right there will likely keep you from playing. Not sure about your processor, might want to do some googling to see if it's a dual core (not up to speed on the latest AMDs).
  7. Silus

Well I know what I wanna get for Christmas then...

Edit: The 2GB was the Physical Memory. And apparently I have 1.96 GB of Virtual Memory free.
    Edit 2: Aaaaaaand my six year old processor is a single core.
  8. Hatamoto

Would be nice to see a vid of you fighting in a zerg @ 80 fps :)
    • Up x 1
  9. wigglez

I can't say I fully understand programming or 3d modeling, but this game doesn't appear in my eyes to push the envelope.

I'm saying that because there are a lot of good looking and performing games out there, that don't send my cpu into overdrive. Is there other things behind the scenes that make it better?
  10. k3lt

Dont feed troll, or he just havent seen a huge battle.
    • Up x 1
  11. brent234

Am i the only one getting MASSIVE fps drops when looking/walking around the buildings at Zurvan Amp?

I've set everything to ultra low (not even lighting enabled, lawl) and got consistently smooth fps thanks to that, but at Zurvan Amp it ALWAYS goes down to liek 30-20 fps all of a sudden. Every single time.

--Specs:
    Phenom II X4 945
    HD5770
    4GB DDR3
  12. Turiel =RL=

I would love to see an option "shadows OFF" in the video settings. So far I am editing useroptions.ini, but every time I start, the patcher will set shadows to 1 again.
  13. Odessa

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Dell XPS720
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 3068MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 275
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E6&SUBSYS_0E0619F1&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 2158 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 879 MB
    Shared Memory: 1278 MB

This meets minimum or better correct? I am getting like 8 FPS in battles, is that normal?
  14. neonmiracle

It is running very good here.
    SLI GTX 460 @ 800/2000
    i7-950
    Everything on High, except shadows which is on Medium.
    I get 50 FPS at battles and 70 FPS at open field.
    The only weird thing is that it uses only 60-70% of the GPUs. Some time it uses 100%, then the FPS goes above 100.
    I'm using the 306.97 driver.
  15. Hodo

I would to love to turn off the shadows. And you can "prevent" the client from changing that in the .ini. Right click on the file, choose properties, then click the box "Set to Read Only." This will keep the client from re-writing it and the .ini will override the ingame setting.

I am still not sure if modifying the useroptions.ini file is allowed. Has there been any confirmation on this?
  16. F U P S

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
  17. Basti

Nope. you are actually below the min specs.

Sorry dude, but you gotta need an upgrade. :/
  18. Skofgar

I´ve got an
    PII X6 1055T
    Radeon HD 5850
    12 Gig ram

And this game has 10-20 frames.
    Idle at the Warpgate 25. Turning everything on Low didnt help, Setting RenderQuality to 50% didnt improve it more than 2 fps.

Everything on High still gives me the same fps btw...

What else can i do?
  19. Parag

Getting pretty bad performance here myself. Running the latest NVIDIA beta drivers (310.61)

My rig:

GTX 590 (Dual GPU)
    i7 2700k - 4.8 GHZ
    8GB DDR3 2133 MHz ram

Both GPUs seem to run around 50 - 60%.

Friend has the same graphic card, but not the same processor as me and he arn't really impressed either.
    I really hope they get the performance issues ironed out.
  20. Freddy Krug

Hi everyone,

I recently learned a tip that made me get a smal to reasonable FPS gain on my RIG that seem to be CPU bound and as strange as it might sound .. I had to increase to medium or high some of the in game setting. Although I still suggest to keep stuff like V-Sych, Ambiant Occlusion Blur off and also to keep Shadow at Low. Many of the other setting could acutally increase your FPS if you raise them. What I suggest is to raise those setting slowly until your CPU bound switch to GPU bound (Beside the FPS indicator in your screen : alt-F). Now why is this going to help your FPS will you ask? Pretty simple! It seem like most of the LOW setting option are made to use CPU resource to process while Higher setting option tend to use directly GPU for processing. This basically mean you will actually remove some CPU load from your CPU and transfer it to the GPU until you get at a descent balance between both (key is to stay GPU until large fight where it should normally switch back to CPU) That balance should provide you the best FPS/Quality possible until they further optimise the client!

I hope it will help some of you guys!

Good luck with your FPS .. Cya on the field!