"Yes, ammo packs are supposed to refill underbarrel grenade launchers" - Margaret Krohn - SOE Dev

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bluEyedillusions, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Ronaldspiers

Read your comment, hoped you werent NC. Ate an apple
    • Up x 3
  2. MoonPhoenix

Good name of terran soldiers? Oh that's rich.
  3. Monnor

But... it happens after too. The launcher just stop reloading.

And well it does not fix the no dmg bug, which since i respawen with empty health bars(bug since beta, was gone a while, and came back from vacation) happens now to main fire mode too.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zcuron

If, to use hand grenades you had to spend 600 certs (or "just" 100 and some money) to use a downgraded standard rifle, I'd argue having the grenades cost 45 resource points as well would be... just mean.

And if that isn't enough, the already worse-than-standard gun is made even worse by the attachment itself.
    To clarify, by "worse" I mean "take the stats of the standard gun and subtract a bit".

I'd much prefer if the gun were the same, with any balance-required deficits be added by the attachment.
    That way you could at least enjoy the additional cert options and fire options, even if you don't want the UGL.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vortok

Well, know what I'm doing at Bio Labs now. No need to bother with rez spam anymore.
  6. RykerStruvian

So getting banned for wtf farming people with the grenade launcher, like that one guy yesterday who made a thread about it because he got banned, isn't an exploit?
  7. Kurreah

Personally, I'd like them to fix the reloading issue with the grenade launcher, but remove the impact damage from it. So even a direct hit doesn't one-shot kill.

That removes the main balance issue with it I believe, but still allows an appropriately equipped engineer to drop an ammo pack and use it as "mortar support".

The launcher grenades are considerably less powerful than the thrown grenades that cost resources. They have a smaller blast, and deal quite a bit less damage.
  8. Stormlight666

Get her onto fixing the missile speed of the Anti-Air Grounder Launcher (and Anti-Vehicle one since I discovered Mags easily dodge them earlier today trialing the Annihilator).
  9. Flarestar

First, it kinda makes me laugh that a dev posted a "cause" that's clearly wrong. The reloading bug doesn't seem to care much what you have equipped before you drop the ammo pack. It happens with main gun, pistol, your utility item, whatever. Also, the fact that it will just randomly stop reloading after it's done so successfully several times kinda puts a hole in the explanation she gave.

Second, people whining about how OP underbarrel launchers are or that they make traditional grenades useless or whatever stupid thing they've come up with lately to complain about are delusional. Underbarrel grenades basically only kill on direct hits, have a tiny explosion radius, take quite some time to reload, and switching back to your primary weapon after in the event that you miss takes long enough that if you shot at someone trying to kill you and missed, you're going to die.

Third, if she's the one in charge of handling infantry balance and design, now we know who to lynch.
    • Up x 4
  10. Baleur

Isn't that to be expected of girls? That they smell nice?
    What kinda girls have you been around? :'D
    • Up x 1
  11. Compass

When it works, it works well. You have to account for travel time, drop, and the fact that the splash is negligible.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ashur

I would just like to remind you all that heavy assault rocket launchers gib infantry on direct hits as well, no one ever complained about them though.
    • Up x 1
  13. Linedan

What is he doing to get those reloads to actually work? I've never had mine reload more than once whether I had my main gun or the launcher selected. If I had the launcher out when I accessed the ammo pack, it never reloaded the launcher AND wouldn't reload my bullets either. (That's with the NC version, the Gauss Compact S.)

BTW...is the graphic for the TR launcher messed up? With Alpha Squad camo, which is all I have on TR, the launcher looks like it's attached to the TRAC-5 S magazine, not the body of the weapon. It looks weird.
  14. Compass

Press 1 to switch to Rifle during the reload phase to interrupt, switch back to Grenade Launcher. Hence why it looks like I spaz out when I reload.
  15. RAS

Ty for the info
  16. McFatal

http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/McDili#360
    ^ My BF3 Profile

You're right, it's a farmfest regardless, so there's no point in adding more explosions. The game has enough explosive spam as it is.

Noob Tube takes much less skill to kill with, there's no denying that it's really easy to use. All infinite tubes will do is lower the skill cap.

There's no reason to be hostile on the forums either, try to discuss the topic properly please.
  17. Sandman2055

Patently false. I switched to the ammo pack from the main gun as well as every other item (except for the underslung grenade launcher) - and it still doesn't work.
  18. ThePackage

So how long until I get my suspension removed? My guess is SOE customer support is so incompetent they don't even know how the game is supposed to operate.
  19. WUNDER8AR

not meant to be hostile. thing is I can understand if people complain about noobtubes in BF3 because the TTK is lower and (some of) the maps are small, cramped and full of chokepoints. explosive spam ofc becomes a serious issue then. but even in BF3 exist plenty of ways to avoid getting constantly instagibbed by noobtubes. you just have to get away from the chokepoints and play a bit more foresightful. now PS2 is entirely different in terms of scale and map design. you can't just stand on one place and shoot at one and the same spot to farm kills over and over and win the game, except for the spawn room farmfests of course. there's almost always enough space and plenty of routes to avoid getting instagibbed by explosives. in addition there's plenty of ways to better resist (more) explosive damage or damage in general.

if we're arguing about skill then I might as well say that headglitching behind obstacles takes no skill either. or camping a window where 80% of your body is covered. GLs level that playing field. they require more skill than spamming frag grenades, rockets or shooting HE shells from a lightning. hence I can bear it, especially since there's no GL spam in this game and there probably never will be because it's no all kit weapon and you have to cert into it
  20. ThePackage

That was me, and it clearly wasn't exploiting.