I beseech thee Emerald NC and TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragon Exile, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

tl;dr Work as a team.

Yo dawgs. There has been a worrying trend towards anti-intellectualism on these forums, specifically towards the VS (praise Vanu). This is laughable upon even a cursory examination of course, considering that the majority of our equipment is either a lame rip-off of TR/NC weapons or just flat-out awful, but that's not my problem here. I'll let some other idiots/prodigies do the math and balance and do whatever.

What bothers me intensely is the current FOTM issue of "VS OP, Higby pls" by Emerald players and only Emerald players. Apparently it's gotten into the heads of some people that the VS on Matthe-Emerald are somehow overpowered and overpowering and... well they're right, we're kicking the **** out of the TR and NC on a regular basis:

Alert Scoring (Emerald)
    [IMG]
    We're somewhat ahead of the TR, and blowing the NC out of the water (in alerts at least). We just try so hard. The other factions need to fight a bit harder for their teams!

Total Wins
    [IMG]
    We have more than double the wins of both, and more than both combined. What.

Population (Taken at highest spike almost exactly a month ago)
    [IMG]
    The other graphs are more-or-less similar; the VS and NC are nearly equal with the TR trailing a bit. This "VS overpop" is a bit of a myth, perhaps exacerbated by our factions' tendency to pile on late at night.

Given that the VS is not completely dominant on all servers, this is likely not an issue with balance, but a problem with server culture and attitudes.

TR and NC players; I ask you to work together and as a unit, have each other's backs and push as a united front. Abuse your faction's OP toys as much as possible, redeploy to bases that need assistance, form new outfits with an emphasis on teamwork. Do something. I join your factions to help from time to time, and while you're not getting demolished 24/7, I have noticed that you are being given the run-around much more often than I or anyone else would like. Follow the example of The Iron Wolves, NUC, 903rd and the other competent outfits and fight like I know you can, regardless of your pre-conceived biases or the odds. Fight to improve not only yourselves, but the playing environment of your teammates and friends.

I know many of you play "for fun" and are just guys looking to kick back after work and kill mans. I get that, and I do that almost exclusively myself. But I recognized my own shortcomings and resolved to overcome them, in the process nearly tripling my daily average score/minute, doubling my Kill/Death spread and most importantly I became an asset to the people around me. I joined a laid-back but still very competent and organized outfit (Vindicators) and alongside them worked as part of a cohesive force to the betterment of my faction. I ask you, all of you, not to do all that, but simply to do your best and live and fight for the people beside you, not yourself. This one simple thing can overcome all obstacles.

That's all, sorry for the rant. My own (real life) death hangs over me daily and fast approaches, and I would not like to leave knowing one of my favorite communities is worse-off. Yeah, me worrying about a gaming community, laugh it up. I hope whoever reads this genuinely considers my request though.

Stay classy.
    • Up x 5
  2. Shanther

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  3. MotionBlured

We do work together, we both avoid VS. That's about as good as it gets.
    • Up x 27
  4. NXR1

abuse our "OP" toys so they get nerfed the next day like everything we had that was even slightly good
    • Up x 2
  5. Juunro

I play to Remove Vanu, and by god that's what I do.

I cannot speak for anyone else. But I live to use my max stealth AP Vanguard to flank and destroy your AMS's and your farmriders.

That said, you guys wind up with an enormous pop advantage starting at about 1am EST and continuing until like noon the next day, and I'd wager an awful lot of those alert wins are happening during this period.
    • Up x 3
  6. KnightCole

Exactly, that basically confirms Emerald NC SUCK....
    • Up x 1
  7. Zapon

Here's a tip for you guys

tomorrow's update has companies

so when you roll your usual platoons, HOP on command(the most powerful tool in game), and get some other platoons to merge uo

then, when you see VS outfits(who usually aren;t on command, just their own chats) rolling- take your groups of192, and start hitting them- I doub't you'll get flat out overpowered, if your companies keep tabs on each other

For the VS to counter, we'd have to be more organized on the company level- and I dont know how many other VS commanders are actively promoting this level of gameplay-

but there are things you guys can do
  8. Zapon

...Lol, there's more than just NC fighting VS
  9. TheMish

Somewhat ahead?

Anyway, yes an NC/TR alliance needs to happen quickly. Until the VS on Emerald are just ruined. Or SOE can step in and do some fixing themselves.
  10. KnightCole

And even then the TR are only behind the VS by 3000 alert wins....NC didnt evne break 8700 wins.....
  11. Vertabrae

The VS dont have server overpop. They have massive hex overpop.

24 TR attack a small base, and the VS instantly drop 2-4 platoons on it, wreck the fight in about 60 seconds, redeploy to another fight and do it again.

Now while thats a totally legit way to play, its not FUN to fight against. The majority of VS play only to win territory. The TR and NC dont really care about that, the majority of those players just want a good fight.

Over the last year and a half, the VS has attracted the vast majority of players on emerald who want to win. For them, all that matters is being the best. As new players join the server, those who want the same thing see the VS winning, and join them. TR and NC players, at least a large majority, just want a fun fight, regardless of who wins.

The problem isn't weapons, player skill, or spandex. Its simply that the VS tend to measure fun by winning, and TR and NC measure fun by how awesome the fight was.

SOE can't fix this problem. The only real solution i see is a couple large VS outfits playing a substantial amount of time as TR or NC. Such as all of GOKU moving to TR for the next 2 - 3 months. We need an infusion of players who want to win, and a series of tr/nc victories in order to spread those kinds of players among all factions. Until something changes, VS will continue to dominate, and more and more TR/NC will avoid fighting the VS. If that happens, players on all sides will leave and emerald will become a much emptier server. Which means everyone loses.
    • Up x 18
  12. Paragon Exile

You guys are a real barrel of laughs.
  13. BobSanders123

You are of the dying? How is possible with Daddy Vanu technology advanced?
  14. Paragon Exile

Nanites
  15. BobSanders123

DAMN YOU HIGBYYYY!!!!!!
  16. Ransurian

Frankly, we don't need an affiliate of a cultist band of alien-worshiping pansies to tell us to step up OUR game. Miller TR we're not, but we still kick your *** every now and then. Oh, and I enjoyed scrapping countless VS vehicles at Eisa in my tank the other day. Those Sunderers you guys were pulling in particular were very juicy. Bumped my SPH to over 700 without any boosts.
  17. Zica96

Pew pew lasers, no recoil, easy mode, nuff said (everything said actually).
    • Up x 2
  18. Paragon Exile

Our guns have the worst FSRM and tie with TR for horizontal recoil tolerance :l
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

We already have TR days once a week (except on double XP weekends), usually on the weekend when the majority of our members can play so we'll field our full 9 platoons (more like maybe 5 squads). The problem isn't that we don't try to help the TR, it's that the TR doesn't think it can do anything except when we do it for them which is BS. What those on TR who want to do better should do is this one weird trick that VS hate... actually learn to read and play the map game. It's really obvious when and where TR is going to actually go to the point where we'll have everyone mass pull Scythes just to mess with you, or we know to get up on Indar Comm hill to lance your armor push to Indar Ex before the first Prowler or Sundie is pulled (p.s. thank you BWC your rapid cert delivery last night). We know not because we're spying on you (we actually really frown on that believe it or not) but because you guys are 100% predictable.

Also, someone in Co0p in another thread (or maybe on reddit) said they are modeling their play style after us and you know what's odd? We actually respect them and know taking back or holding a point against them is going to be a challenge. Other outfits should try to follow suit and copy our play style (and stop being so damn predictable) and you'll see a lot more victories against the VS as well as the NC. It's literally idiotic that the smaller outfits on TR don't try to emulate us since you always claim we're such a force on VS. It's not because we're great players (our outfit's infantry KDR is 1.7, DA's is 3.1, Co0p's is 2.1), it's because we recognize what works and what doesn't when it comes to taking and holding objectives and we focus on that. Yes we use our factions most effective equipment to our advantage... that's called being smart. So find out what weapons on your faction are super effective (TR have them more than any other faction if you bothered to use them), learn how to use them to their maximum efficiency like we do, then when you get new blood train them in not only what to use but how to use it.
    • Up x 3
  20. MrJengles

• Major complaint heard almost every alert: Why aren't the two weaker factions focusing on the winning faction?
    • New Alert system encourages teaming up against the winning faction with asymmetrical win conditions.
    • Players complain that Alerts are hard when opponents work together and the Alert changes are reversed.
    This.

Although I wouldn't let SOE completely off the hook given players currently have the freedom to join whichever side has overpop. That's what happened to Mattherson's VS before the merge.

There were threads every week on doing something to combat that.