I beseech thee Emerald NC and TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragon Exile, Oct 1, 2014.

1. gibstorm

Are you serious?? You think a team that is frustrated and struggling want to have that fact rubbed in their face everyday??

That is when players go, Screw it I will go play destiny or something else. You know you are hated so do don't play dumb like it doesn't effect people. If you kick the crap out of someone and it's one sided they know.... You don't have to tell them

No one hates DA are AC cause they are dam good and they know it. They don't have to over compensate by trolling
    • Up x 1
  2. Paragon Exile

You're hurting their morale. Shattering it even.
    • Up x 1
  3. Paragon Exile

lol

Enjoy your green engram drops :3
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

GINYU FORCE RULES!
  5. gibstorm

like I said not smart enough to understand

AC and DA don't need to do that...But that is cause they are super good and they know it
    • Up x 1
  6. Tycoh

But I already found my solution which is to not fight the VS. Its so much fun fighting with the NC and TR only. That scary word, "FUN" is what i'm playing this game for. Not to get my tea pissed in by elitist VS trash talkers that riddle their zerg ranks.

If the VS don't like the fact that NC and TR hate fighting them and are now avoiding them, therefore giving them less fights, so be it. Nobody cares for the well being of the VS on our end.
    • Up x 1
  7. LanceTR

The problem really isn't that the VS are too good. It's more that the NC are so ridiculously bad. The VS are a bit more organized than the TR and usually out pop them, but when it comes to the NC, they just get steamrolled. When VS is winning an alert and the TR are focusing on the VS, I have not once seen the NC be able to accomplish anything. Even with 50+% VS fighting the TR, the NC still can't win. This is a bigger problem than the VS being too good.
    • Up x 1
  8. Arghy

Totally convincing all VS outfit leads to have mandatory yell meta, how will vehicle users know their good?? DA/AC need to tell the entire hex so those 13 snipers in the hill know how good they are.

DA/AC care nothing for the community, they are selfish and don't use /yell enough and this needs to change.
  9. gibstorm

If you want to kill the game sure.

If there was 10 east cost servers and they were all full. I would say who cares but we don't have 10 full servers we have 1 left and it's population levels don't look so good. If you play this game alot and like it. We should be doing as much as possible to keep every player we have not actively trying to push them away.

It's at the point where VS units have to switch teams to stir things up......Why you would do anything on purpose to make that problem even worse is beyond me.
  10. Juunro

Know what the really funny thing is?

The average VS player is absolutely garbage. Like, wheat before the scythe garbage. The faction is entirely propped up on Emerald by a few very good outfits. Every fight those outfits aren't leading or where the VS doesn't wind up with a 2:1 pop (or more) advantage? They tend to lose, hard.

That doesn't particularly suggest TR or NC are all that much better, but I've never seen a TR spin their rear armor on the prowler to my Vanguard and ram nose first into a tree the second they see my Vanguard come around the corner. VS? Oh yeah, with surprising regularity.
  11. Arghy

At this point SOE needs to make some bots for the VS to fight because it appears both TR and NC have taken their ball and are going home. They didn't want to win that alert anyways.
  12. FocusLight

Sooo... you want us to stop trying to win so much? If your definition of winning is unhealthy for the rest of the population and thus THEY ACTIVELY AVOID YOU AS A RULE, THEN FREAKING YES.

But anyways, what you're saying is irrelevant because we don't do that in every fight; the majority of fights I've seen with the VS as participants are even or near-even. We are also regularly double-teamed by the TR and NC. Almost everything you're saying is hyperbole. It don't matter. You have a rep for doing crap that no-one has the patience for, anymore. Obviously not every single fight your in is completely over-popped, but it happens often enough that it's a noticeable pattern.

But I wanted to address a few things the most;

The VS' reputation is exactly the opposite; getting more done with less. You do not get to dictate what others think of you and what your reputation is. It was the only thing keeping Waterson VS afloat. This is not Waterson, and times change. The TR and NC zerg FAR more than the VS, Says you. The stats in the OP would say otherwise, unless you want to tell me (and ofc your do) that VS are 'just that good' and constantly own, constantly underpopped? though we do it as well. I consistently see forces deployed where they will be the most effective (or farming biolabs), and sometimes that means crushing an important base. And sometimes that leads to more than one platoon thinking (we will be more useful crushing that NC attack with 20 guys) and suddenly 2 individual platoons drop onto one base crushing the 20-something guys with VS numbers pushing 100, only to re-deploy elsewhere as soon as the attack is crushed. THE EFFECT OF SUDDENLY HITTING ANY ATTACK WITH SEVERAL PLATOON-LOADS OF DUDES STILL HAPPEN, it don't matter that both leaders considered it a wise tactical move. It was. But that don't change the facts. And anyways, on any continent where this is an issue the population cap will be getting hit or nearly there, so there's absolutely nothing stopping the TR/NC from doing the exact same thing in response (which they do regularly). Did you ever wonder about those times they don't, why that might be? I'm guessing here you might think to yourself something along the lines of "we are so awesome, they don't want to fight us." My own outfit in Cobalt do that from time to time. It's just silly hubris, and we try and treat this as a joke, an INTERNAL joke, that we don't spill over chat.

You understand we're not being serious right? Irrelevant. That it's all in good fun? Irrelevant. Again, I regularly have conversations with my opponents both over /t and /y, both teams say GG etc. Even were this not the case, there's nothing stopping you from hurling the taunts back, like we did to TE. *Again, irrelevant. The point is, VS are good at moving around and dealing with any attack on their territory, serious or no. When attackers routinely get crushed by absurd numbers of VS dropping on them you get the impression that VS will zerg any fight. It don't matter if this was the conscious intentions of the VS or no, what matters is that it happens. At regular intervals. And then when the fight is decided, the smack start hurling over /yell.

Do that often enough, and it's all the opponent will ever get. Fights that were equal turn into zerg crushes, then comes the abuse. You try going through that for long without reaching the conclusion that the VS are A) Zergy, and B) smacky. You simply reach the conclusion that they are not much fun to fight, due to a perceived or real case of being bad sports. This is your problem more than the problem of anyone else, but YOU are the one asking the other sides to just, fight you some more. well they did that, and zergy smack-***** is all they got. Or at least, that is what they perceive the VS to be. So they don't bother.

So do I, and there's virtually no difference from playing on the VS except my team isn't as reliable.

"You need to start acting like a peasant farmer and bring yourselves down from your level to ours or you're not going to have any fun! Any bad things that happen are because you didn't act casual enough!" Putting words in my mouth won't win you any favors.
    Screw that. Bring the server to a level playing field above and beyond what the other servers offer.

The onus is still on you to make his happen. Cut the damn smack. You are not doing yourself any favors and you are driving other players away from fighting you. No-one enjoys the tantrums of a self-entitled child, or the hollow bragging of a person who's achievement is having more friends in the local area than the opposition. Try ot co-ordinate more with your damn faction. If you want to deal with that fight over there that is not going your way, you may want to ask who else are on their way. A 30vs30 that get's relieved by another 30 is bad enough, but to then have ANOTHER 30+ pile on top of that again crush anyone's interest in even trying. There are other places you can go

Out of all TR outfits on Emerald with over 196 members our TR alt outfit has both the highest KDR and the highest SPM.

Congratulations. Do you want a cookie? Some praise, perhaps? No-one likes to entertain a braggart, and you happen to be one. An insufferable one at that. If your ALT OUTFIT is so good, feel free to go play on that PRIMARILY for a month or two and show people how it's done. If your really that awesome, it should not be a big problem, and the whole issue with Emerald VS should be dealt with with ease.

You can get back to us and tell us how awesome and magnificent you are in a month's time when this issue is history and the TR are worshiping the ground you walk on. After all, you got around 200 players to do it with. That's a potential of 4 platoons active at once. Getting half of that on an average day should not be to hard, should it? Until then, your bragging is not doing you any favors.
    • Up x 1
  13. Metallic123

Is admiral snuggles still in charge of GOKU?
  14. SpartanZero

Not entirely sure, but as a spectator. When I see a "superstar athlete" continually makes some overly cocky snide remark in regards to trashing the losing team after a win. The general concession is, regardless of which team (if either) were a favorite as to what a ********* arrogant pos he was. I mean usually there's a "ooo ouch" chuckle still doesn't diminish the ********* tag that gets added to that person.

In real life sporting events where one can visually see the oppositions facial expressions when placed in context with the trash talking, MOST people will quickly realize it is just done with a jest, an not so much with spite. An when in a real sporting event it is said with spite, what happens? A fight erupts, yes? I mean a real fight where people's faces get re-arranged, things get broken, people get sued, etc etc. SO, we are all behind screens or on voice comms. YOU lose that visual reference to frame the opposition facial expression to the words coming out of their mouth. So trash talking gets misread an seen as spite more often than a jest. That is a major detraction to anyone having fun, it serves only to hurt the gaming community for this game as a whole. Players get fed up, new players are driven off, leadership gets frustrated as the irritation/anger usually spill over an everyone loses sight of the spirit of sportmanship, fun an competition. Fact.

SO, show a bit more simple civility, good sportsmanship mentality. It will help promote the losing sides to have a desire to improve, a desire to come back to the field an play for the good fight. It helps to improve their mentality to build upon the loss to review the things done poorly, to give insight on where they went wrong.

In my personal experience as in team format sports, as an athlete. When competing in tournament level scrimmages. The teams who played with a good conduct, shared comradery to one another had the most fun on both sides, win or lose. Also promoted improvement to personal goal setting bars for better teamwork for future matchups, as well were always matchups everyone looked forward to. NO one ever enjoyed playing against a team of players that were arrogant ********. No one ever respected them, even if they were "better". Its that simple.
  15. LibertyRevolution

That sounds like a terrible change..
    How about if you are in the hex, then you can spawn, if you are not in the hex, then you cannot spawn there.
    This way platoons can't just send one guy then have it as a spawn for their entire platoon, while not screwing the players in the hex.

I don't want to have to walk from 400m because the game says I can't spawn on my own sunderer due to a pop change.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jawarisin

wow, I think you're the worst player I've heard of. 700 SPH? lame.
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

When you overpop a fight and drop 2 platoons on it, it makes new players quit the game and never come back.
    The go "f'k this, I'll go play a FPS that has balanced teams"..
    Are you really so stupid you don't understand this?

It makes me rage and I'm dedicated, 2900+ hours of gameplay time here, and when it happens I will ragequit and go to BF3..
    Only thing that keeps me coming back here is the amount of time and money I have invested.
  18. Arghy

But GOKU has never ran 2 platoons besides that one friday night ops night? You do realize that VS is the only faction that is actually more likely to drop the least amount of population on you right? Thats kinda the kicker for emerald VS, we rather use a smaller hammer for a nail then a sledge hammer.

A VS platoon that drops on 2 squads is usually a mistake or your simply in their way to get to a bigger fight. If i see a 12-24 ghost cap i'll send 1-2 squads there unless we are pulling sundies from that base to attack the adjacency in which cause your simply in the way.
    No one likes abuncha whiners either--its not our fault your playing the game wrong. This is not american-civil-war-side, this is not CS-side, its not warthunder-side and its not world-of-tanks-side. Its planetside which means you adapt or die and if you keep dieing and refusing to adapt we will laugh at you because you literally make us laugh.
  19. TheShrapnelKing

Unless I'm mistaken, those numbers are not accurate. We don't know what they actually are: those numbers haven't changed since the merge. Since Emerald is on server #17, where Mattherson was, these numbers are simply the scores as they stood on Mattherson as of that server's final alert.

However, you overall point is still accurate.
    • Up x 1
  20. Liberty

What you suggested is pretty much the way the game handles over populated fights at the moment. Your squad leads needs to fly / drive / redeploy to the adjacent hex and then you can dump your entire platoon on a fight that is already 80/20 in your favor.

Your complaint seems to be exactly the opposite of what I posted, in that I specifically set it up so one guy can't spawn a whole platoon into a fight, instead the best he can do is go to the next base, pull a sunderer/galaxy and ferry 11 other people to the fight.

And yes, you will get screwed if you are at an overpop fight, die and don't get a rez. It encourages :

Smarter squad oriented gameplay

Players on the overpop side to find a fight where they will actually be useful / needed

Penalties for poor resource allocation

Meaningful pushes by the underpoped faction that can realistically slow down a zerg.

I don't understand your issue with having to walk 400 M from a fight you are zerging out, because.... you shouldn't be at a fight you are zerging out. That is the current complaint of people and the issue we are trying to fix, and your issue is that you can't easily do it? :eek:

People like this :