I beseech thee Emerald NC and TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paragon Exile, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

I will trade you the any of our pistols for any other pistol in the game, and outside of the Terminus and CME I will trade you any of our Assault Rifles for any other Assault Rifle in the game. Yes our LMG's are good, so is everyone else's. Yes our Carbines are good, so are everyone else's.

The Orion can't be OP since the Anchor outperforms it now and the MSR-W is about equal with it now.
  2. NoctD

You sound like the exact noob that is getting farmed by those you accuse of farming noobs!

I don't run in a squad and don't belong to any outfits, but I'm not nearly as bad as you are, and tactically you're just simply just doing it wrong. PS2 is not your average run and gun game - and teamwork whether you run in a squad or otherwise is a necessary ingredient of gameplay and success.

If you run around alone without any regard to working with others in your faction - you're basically feeding the farmers with easy kills!
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

What do you mean I acknowledge my stats are useless?
    When did I say that? All I said I shoot at everything, just like your average player.
    I play the same no matter which faction I'm on, so my playstyle does not effect my opinion on balance.

I play like the average player that is not some tryhard S grade...
    My experience of the game is normal, while his is ridiculously different than 99.9% of the player base.

Doing it wrong? I PTFO, I don't care about dying. I would rather play with people like me that some S grade tower camper.
  4. Snow Sheltie

What you mean and what another party thinks it means are not always the same. If you are throwing taunts as a laugh and the other party takes it as an insult, it does not matter what you think or what you meant. If you cannot, will not, or fail to understand what the other party is thinking, all relationships between your parties will roll downhill.

When parties on the NC and TR side begin perceiving the VS faction as a whole as a bunch of kids with bad sportsmanship, the results should not be a surprise. People don't want to play with anyone with a case of bad sportsmanship.

The worst part is I've been seeing this behavior starting to leech into the NC platoons I lead against the VS and I don't like it.
  5. NightEngine

The reasons I don't fight the VS if it can be avoided: they're impossible (yes, hyperbole) to see and I'm sick and tired of constant VS redeploying, making fighting them a wild goose chase.
  6. dsty

Snuggles is not in Goku nor will he ever be allowed in Goku
  7. emjayz

then i guess the vast majority of your elite outfits are terrible, because they may as well have orions tattooed on their rear ends and you could take away every class sans HA and theyd never know the difference

so lets not nerf the PPA and give equivalents to the NC and TR, so that no one can ever leave a spawn room again, *anywhere*
  8. Yuukikun

I very rarely play at prime time. I hate it when all the fights are just who spams the most vehicles and MAX units. Most of the time i play during morning or very late night.

Just like your baseless opinion of ''orion master race'' you spit baseless judgements about me and the way i play. I don't run with a medkit in hand, i go for the point, i rarely do tower fights because i priorize fights where i am needed the most. I mostly play solo, and am one of the most aggressive players i know of. If you don't believe me, go on my stream ( http://www.twitch.tv/yuukikunvs )and watch past broadcasts. Everything you said about me is false and are completely baseless accusations, just like the one about the orion.

I have an S grade, that means i'm in the top, and sadly i'm not even try-harding. Another baseless opinion. As i mentionned earlier, i stream, with a crappy PC. I get huge stutter while streaming and i do stream specials like ''spiker stream''. I have also auraxium'd every single pistol on VS with only the spiker remaining (this includes the Immortal (which i am the only player who has aurax'd it) which is worse than the spiker imo because of the Lasher like bullet velocity). If you think using the worst weaponry while streaming (reaching unplayable performance) and messing around (and still performing well above average) is try-harding, then you might wanna take a moment to feed your rainbow unicorn.

Also, if someone has an S grade, it's because they understand something MORE than the majority/average player. Which just increases the importance of my knowledge when it comes to balance discussion. It's like you're saying someone who got a doctor degree is not fit to give the answer of 1+1 because it's a grade school problem. In other words, i can imagine how the situation is for average players better than you can, even if it means it's your situation.
  9. Yuukikun

I am not the representative of my outfit so what i'm going to say is only my own opinion. I don't know anyone in DA who doesn,t have above average stats on any and every other guns that the orion.
    I have aurax'd the orion, i have played tons against it, in both competitive and on live situations, and it is not performing any better, even in competitive, to make any difference at all. If anything, in competitive the gauss saw is the best LMG imo.

Also, if Orion is such an advantage and my outfit mates are useless without it (your claims), how come we are ''world champions'' even though we played matches as TR and NC against teams using VS?

I'm not sure i understand your point about the PPA, maybe you didn,t understand mine. Here's mine, the PPA may it be OP or not (because i don,t want to start a debate about it) is a frustrating weapon to go against.
  10. Axehilt

Done: the KPH of the Canister and Marauder are now within 10% balance of the PPA (or closer.) (Which is literally how close the balance is right now.)

Now, will you actually start using them? No? Well then stop whining because you only have yourselves to blame for not taking weapons of near-equal power.

Not to mention the fact that you could simply counter AI secondaries by fielding AV vehicles (which you should be doing anyway, regardless of whether the PPA is considered too powerful or not.) Which basically renders the entire discussion irrelevant, given that balance is as close as it is.
    • Up x 1
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

Everyone in VS only plays HA because our AR's suck. I'd much rather be playing medic since it much better for team oriented play (that might be why GOKU is so effective, nahh it's because we are jerks in yell) but LOL Pulsar VS1/Equinox/Corvus/H-V45.

Hell, I plan on getting the Skorpios, Eclipse, and Parsec before I even try for the Darkstar.
  12. Zotamedu

I have never really accused VS for being that OP and the idea of an population imbalance on Emerald is laughable. It is about as balanced as one can reasonable expect in a game with three factions. The population rarely vary more than a couple of percentage points in either direction and factions seems to take turn being in the lead. There might be a small bias towards VS but it's too small to be relevant. I come from the old Waterson server where 50 % TR population was standard for awhile. Then it rarely went under 40 % for ages until they merged us.

The overall population is highly irrelevant during alerts for instance when the continents always tends to fill up. Then we have an equal amount of players from all factions and VS are still pulling ahead.

The problem is coordination. VS was kicking **** left and right even during the old TR overpopulation days. They were organised and they picked their fights. They were manoeuvrable and quick to respond where they were needed. TR was a huge lumbering zergling ball that picked a direction at random and just kept on steam rolling until they hit a wall. Then they formed up somewhere else and rolled in that direction. That worked when they could reliably have more boots on the ground. When that changed, they got completely roflstomped because we have no culture of large scale organisation. It's slowly starting to get better but there are too little good leadership trying to sort it out. It seems NC has a similar problem.

Apart from a couple of specific weapons, overall balance seems to be pretty good. There's a lot of hyperbole on the forums. The only weapons I would change is the range of the lancer, make it so that MAXs render further out so Ravens can't spam safely and then a damage buff to the new Striker. Talking about MAXs, they need to do something about the longer range AI options there so that we don't have to rely on AV weapons if we want to kill something further away than 50 meters. Maybe slowing down the Mercies and redusing the COF so they are effective at range. NC can just have their slugs changed so they fire much further. Similar things can easily be done for VS as well.
  13. ProfessorHobbes

Yes
    Just as a note, this is not exclusive to VS. As a VS player, factions mass redeploying and dumping their pop on a hex happens with the NC and TR all the time when I play. This actually occurs in most of the fights. Come on over to the other side and you will see this tactic is not used exclusively by VS on Emerald.
  14. Zotamedu

It's the ODAM/AOD tactic. Really, it's the only one they know.
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

AOD's tactic is to just throw numbers at things and hope for the best. They are super easy to counter since all you have to do is kill their spawn and mop up.

That or do a gal drop on their own base that wasn't contested or under attack. Yes... that's actually happened. o_O
  16. Juunro

Well, if nothing else this thread made me check the Dasanfall stats site; apparently I am generally above average in almost all regards and am MLG ready with he railjack.

Huzzah!

Totally going to keep fighting primarily VS though.
  17. DamageKing

Being farmed and constantly losing is not fun. Especially for new players. It hurts player retention, and thus, it hurts the game.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Most snipers are garbage though, it's why I have A+ or M rating with mine while my infantry weapons are all C+ to A-.

No really, when I actually pull one of those out I average at least a 10 man kill streak.
  19. Juunro

That's absolutely true; I only started sniping originally because I was tired of people cheesing pre-nerf AV mana turrets from on top of mountains; that's how I auraxium'd the LA80. But then the railjack came out and I was like "Aww hell, its a railgun. I have to play with it."

Counter sniping is laughably easy in this game; 90% of snipers are absolutely friggan awful. Like, don't even move when cloaking after a shot awful.
  20. Epic High Five

I lead a large force of NC most nights, and I feel like alerts are beyond dumb and a very poor meta. You know what Emerald alerts are? You either roll around in a giant zerg, or you turtle up in a biolab. Then after 2 hours you get a small payout and whoever won has their prize taken away. Weeeeee. If your leader can't find you a more fun way to spend 2 hours then your leader sucks.

I am very good at finding fights and there are very few on an alert continent, and the best part is I get that payout whether I'm on the alert continent or not! I know a lot of armchair generals will argue that the best place for certs and fun is the alert continent but they're wrong. I don't play to redeploy 20 times in 10 minutes, I don't play to pretend it's some kind of logistics or Total War simulator. Territory means nothing. Base caps/losses mean nothing. I'M HERE FOR THE FIGHTS

Cont capture wasn't a compelling meta back when it was every territory and it still isn't. These threads keep popping up but it's always the freaking VS posting them. We get it, you enjoy alerts, fine, but everybody else is sick of them so the whole "well just come fight us even if you think it's dumb!" argument isn't going to find any purchase. You chose a meta that involves rolling around in a giant blob and ghost capping, don't whine to us that it's getting dull

This is what we call an "Arghypost" and it's meant to be satire, before anybody continues to respond.

It's not our fault you're playing the game wrong Arghy, but you persist in beating this dead horse over and over. Maybe you should consider adapting to the new reality of the game wherein alerts are so meaningless that often times there's no reward and they're about to be disabled for an entire month. My prediction? Nobody is going to give a damn. The cont capture "meta" was stillborn back in beta. LET IT DIE
    • Up x 4