When can we expect the Heavy Assault shield changes to finally come?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xebov, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Xebov

2 months ago the Balance Update went live. It first was announced that it would include a change to the Heavy Assault shield, adding a ramp up to prevent it being used as a I-Win-Button when cought off guard. The question is now when can we expect this finally happen? Having alot of HA around that can even win when cought of guard is realy annoying.
    • Up x 1
  2. vsae

None of those nerfs are really needed anyway. I'm glad they changed their mind
    • Up x 23
  3. Govedo13

Never would be good.
    • Up x 9
  4. Alarox

I hope never.

I've yet to see a thorough argument as to why this is needed. It has mostly been people complaining based on how bad they feel after a HA uses their shield in 1v1 fights.
    • Up x 11
  5. DHT#

HAs already have a lot of other stuff going for them. Best AV options for infantry, and they can equip virtually all weapons you'd want to equip in an empire. Having an entire second shield bar at a single tap of a key is just way over the top. I'm ok with some sort of shield, but maybe it should only apply to vehicle weapons, since that's what the HA is intended to fight. Or perhaps just a reduced amount. In any case, the shield makes or breaks far too many of my fights and I don't think that's acceptable. And the vast majority of BR100s I see only ever play HAs. That alone should be enough proof.
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

HA shields confirmed fotm whine.
    • Up x 2
  7. Seuchensaal

Hope never. Shield is fine as it is now.

Just stop trying to make frontal 1 vs 1 with heavies. Flank them, surprise them, stab them in the eyes.
    • Up x 2
  8. DK22

sorry your tactics aren't working and you died. try something else. forum whining isn't a valid tactic.
    • Up x 4
  9. thingymajigy

What part of heavy assault do you not understand?
    • Up x 4
  10. Flea6.8

No nerf is needed. When i die on me medic other classes its because i was dumb enough to go toe to toe with a heavy. Move flank let your heavies go first and try and headshot.
  11. Alarox

The HA is supposed to win direct infantry battles. They're meant to be the guys who charge first into the room and stand in front of the medics and engineers. That's why they have the shield. That IS the point of the class. It is fine.

If you're coming from a 1v1 perspective, then the HA should roflstomp every class head-on in most situations while being susceptible to flanks and being outplayed. Which is currently the case. It is fine.
    • Up x 5
  12. DFDelta

Nerfs are coming ingame as soon as the HA becomes OP compared to the other classes.
    Therefore that won't (hopefully) happen anytime soon.

Class balance is rather good atm.
    • Up x 2
  13. vsae

I just looked up your stats on dasanfall, noting that I saw you quite a few times in woodman skies and never actually on the ground as infantry.
    Guess what, you have poor aim and you totally ignore headshots,your infantry kdr is below 1 (0.5 something) and yet you complain that HA is OP.
    Now, dont get me wrong, I'm not one of those "your kd is less than infinity, dont even speak of balance in my presence", but....seriously? This is just 100% L2P issue.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pikachu

More nerfs. :) Maybe they changed their mind. :L
    • Up x 1
  15. PastalavistaBB

It really isn't needed when carbines and ARs that have much higher DPS than LMGs, are already in the game.
  16. Plunutsud pls

Said a Heavy Assault who doesn't want his precious crutch removed.

Nice try, you have almost 100 hours as HA.

You know, there's a certain and rare type of HA player I respect.

The type that doesn't flick on his shield in a 1v1 against a less powerful infantry class.

Everyone else uses it as a crutch to guarantee a win.

HA is the free (unlike MAX) anti-vehicle class and their shield should tank explosive damage, not small arms fire.

orly, much higher than the Orion, Carv and Saw?

A small dps advantage is nothing compared to a big overshield advantage.
    • Up x 1
  17. vsae

I main light assault right now, and I have no problem with heavies whatsoever. Look up my killfeed brochacho.
    Besides, there are no less powerful classes, there are just people that cant aim and spray wildly.
  18. Plunutsud pls

Of course, there are people without aimbots who can't land 100% headshots on a shielded HA.
  19. Xebov

Just to make sure noone gets it wrong, i want to know when and if the HA shield changes are coming. They never came and where never officialy canceled. There is no info on this.

From your point of view the nerf is acceptable. As you said HAs are meant to storm rooms and run infront of Medics and Engineers. HAs usually know when they have to enter rooms, so the announced change with a ramp up for the shield wouldnt be a problem. Only thing effected would be HAs running around and trying to activate there shield when they are allready inside combat.

First of all i made this thread to ask when the change will happen, it never came and it was never officaly canceled.

Now secondly for you, i have 51d in vehicles and 110d as infantry, i spend ~70% of my playtime completely as Engineer on the ground.

For the "bad aim" i have 29.5% accuracy on my Pulsar C (9k kills), 32% on a Slug Pandora (8k kills) and 44.3% on a Slug Baron (3k kills). I dont think that a 44.3% hit rate with a Slug Shotgun is considered bad aim. And to add it, my Engineer statistics look way betetr then yours.
  20. vsae

L2P issue, man.
    Accuracy alone doesnt mean much, I admit your accuracy is average, as mine is, but you Headshot ratio is much less than average coped with very low infantry KD and large shots per kill ratio which ultimately means you spray and pray, missing most of your shots. Low Infantry KD means you're very bad at positioning.
    Now for Pulsar C, this is the weapon you have to go for the head if you plan to win CQB engagements, yet you have horridly low HS rate. Whatever you did all those gazillions of hours on the ground, it was definitely not improving your aim, but most probably repairing the spider tank.

As for you engi stats being longer than mines, I dont play engineer other than sustaining vehicles.
    I take it you're great vehicle player, but, please, dont tell me you're good infantry.