When can we expect the Heavy Assault shield changes to finally come?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Xebov, Jun 16, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

The Heavy is fine as she/he is. If you cry about losing to a Heavy who turned her/his most powerful tool that makes her/him special on, don't 1v1 her/him unless you are a: MUCH better player, a MAX, or another Heavy. Also, think about those with terrible latencies. I hope the change NEVER occurs.
    • Up x 3
  2. DatVanuMan

I'm sick of nerfing. I just want something UP to be buffed in order to match the OP thing. That way, everyone is happy. Or at least most are.
  3. Axarye

Yes, that's unacceptable, a combat class is better at fighting than a support class. Stop using medics, engineers and infiltrators as shock soldiers. If you want to have the same options as your opponent in a frontal fight, use the class designed to do it or beat them using your class strong points.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xebov

Then lets sum this up a bit?

The HA is currently the best class to use in the game since it is ant everything without the need of different loadouts.

HAs are the only class to counter Air Vehicles, not counting in MAXes since they are not for free.

HAs are the best class to counter Infantry as they have access to a shield giving the more HP, the weapons with the biggest magazines in game (up to 200) and access to concussion grenades wich weaken enemies alot.

HAs are the best class to counter ground vehicles since they can get tehre C4 on them even udner fire (thanks to shield) and also can to mobile AV. They can move and dont need any time to set up tehre AV, unlike Engineers.

HAs are the best class to counter MAXes, its obvious why.

HA is the most played class and has a way to big advantage in fights vs otehr Infantry classes. The strengths are meant to be for storming buildings, not for being able to win every 1on1 you encounter. Its epedemic how much HAs are played in the game and you can clearly see that other classes are nor realy interesting for a big bunch of players because "someone else will do the support".

And if you want to admit it or not the HA needs some serious redesign. The Rocket Launcher nerfs posted on the PTS forums would help making the Rocket Launcher a Rocket Launche rinstead of a spammed free explosive. A nerf to the Shield could get HAs into a place where they need to thinkl ahead instead of simply activating it in every fight to win.

And about your flanking, flanking doesnt help you much if your target reacts fast.
  5. Scr1nRusher

not true at all.

Depending on what your facing you need a different primary and side armor weapons(for combat situations), Shield choice(for during or pre fight.), Rocket launcher(for G2A or G2G or dumbfire depending on what your facing).

Also Suit slots aswell. nanoweave,flak, ASC, munitions pouch,grenade bandelior etc. Are all choices you have to consider for your loadout.

they don't really counter them, they deter them at best unless they focus fire. Which even then Vehicle stealth and flares can negate the lock ons

Maxes are a Infantry class aswell.

Also A bunch of maxes are stronger and more deadly then the same number of HA's due to the dual arm weapon choices and combos.

to fight infantry ? Yes But not all the time.

The medic,engineer, LA and Infiltrator have better weapons and abillities and such that have a more effect on battle then the HA class does.

it takes a Team of Ha's to clean a room, but it only takes 1 medic to revive that room.

Which makes them move slower(25% slower, 50% slower aiming down sights)

make them glow like a glow stick.

The shield Drains energy when activated, and while turned on.

Also getting hit while the shield is up drains energy....which BTW has a long cooldown time.

Also that shield isn't invincible and the HA can/does still die if you just shoot them more(especially the head).

which have slower Reloads,ROF,more kick/recoil, slower TTK, bad hip fire accuracy,Swap times etc compared to Carbines,AR's and SMG's.

concussive grenades don't do damage.

Also with the Clear vision implant now in usage, not everyone is effected by it.

Because they have rockets, but they take a while(multiple hits) to take down a single vehicle.

You DO NOT RUSH A ENEMY TANK WITH C4 AS HA!

They can just move away and/or kill you..... or run over you.

The LA is a better class for doing C4ing of vehicles.

Its logical(and common) to just use rockets against vehicles not C4 as HA.

what?

Engineers deploy a turret that has massive range.

HA's with lock on still require several seconds for there lock ons to get the Green. its even longer if the enemy has vehicle stealth.

Also the enemy can just go behind a building or terrain and then your missile is worthless.

so this comparison doesn't make sense.

LAs are the better counter due to jet packs.

Also The Medic,Engineer, and LA classes all have access to C4 aswell.

with the regen implant people are running C4 more. and as you know C4 utterly wrecks/kills maxes.

actually the medic is with the engineer as second place due to vehicles and supplying ammo.

it actually doesn't at all.

All classes have 500 shields/500 HP, the infiltrator has 400 shields/ 500 life.

The other classes have better weapon and ability choices.

thats maxes.

Also technically a HA with resist(Activated before being shot it)can do building storming..... but they just are not as tanky or faster killing then the max and aren't good at it.

, not for being able to win every 1on1 you encounter.

You don't win every 1v1 you encounter as a HA.

HA's are supposed to be slightly tougher then the other classes since they are the front line guys. But they can still lose due to postioning, weapon choices/accuracy/experience etc, so many factors. If you can kill any infantry class, the Ha is no different.

the LA and infiltrator are abit specialized, but still very good classes with really tactical strengths and play styles. They can get the jump on Ha's and come from unexpected angles.... also the infiltrator can snipe HAs down with the Snipers.

The Medic and the Engineer are support classes, However the medic can get very involved in combat thanks to there strong weapon selection and can always give HA's a run from there money on very equal terms.

thats not actually true. As i said before the support/specialized classes are more popular and more interesting.

The HA is only fielded more when alot of enemy vehicles, aircraft and max units are occurring, and most squads keep a solid mix of Medic/HA with infiltrators and LAs & engineers supporting.

Also by that statement It seems like you want HA's removed/never played again. Which is utterly insane due to how much it would break the game without the HA existing.

All of the Support/Specialized classes are more played then the HA. And are more interesting interms of effective weapons, interesting abillities, and more variety and choices and different play styles.

The medic and engineer classes gain the most certs/XP, Also they are rewarding to play as since they help the team. They are both very common classes due to there focuses.( Medic = Infantry, Engineer = Vehicles/Infantry.)

The LA has the jet pack and mobility advantage of getting to places that no other class can.

The Infiltrator can take out targets at any range, and can provide detection for the team.

Bot the LA and Infiltrator can flank and do alot of cool things.

Overall the other classes are much more interesting and fun, and rewarding and unique then the HA class and they are played alot more because of it.

A well oiled squad/platoon always has a mixture of classes due to what they can do & provide to the team.

Also the Max is flat out better then the HA, and a well supported max can demolish HA squads rushing to a point.

Flanking is uber deadly VS HA's. Also so is overwelming them.

yet they don't. They work fine now ingame with no problems.

Actually they won't(and are completely unneeded) because inorder to die to rocket splash you need to be in 0.5 meters of the rocket impact, meaning YOU HAVE TO BE RIGHT BESIDE THE ROCKET TO DIE.

Grenades are better in CQC's Also flak armor negates splash damage(and direct impacts).

Rockets CQC are a waste unless you target maxes or clusters of infantry.

And most of the problem with "rocket spam" is THE BASE DESIGNS.

most are not big enough to handle alot(24-48+ to 100+) of players crammed together.

But they DO think when to activate the shield, if not they die(they learn that quickly or go use another class). Any shield change is unneeded.

Also the shield does actually have a 1 second activation delay(the time between activating the ability and then it appearing on the body) and thats separate from any lag/clientside. So the other classes weapons can DPS/TTK the HA down in seconds.

Also you can still kill them even if they pop the shield up.

when a HA pops the shield up that means they are trying to go down fighting or last abit longer in battle.

You can beat them with basic accuracy(headshots work uber good),positioning,tactics, focus fire etc.

The shield doesn't stop them from dying, on the contrary it makes them easier to kill in so many ways.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Xebov I have to ask.... what classes do you play/Whats your main class?

And why are you so obsessed with the HA class to a point where you forget all the great things about the class your using/maining?

BTW I noticed that in your last posting you had alot of spelling errors as you typed more. Thats a sign of being upset while typing fast.

Focus less on the HA class, its fine its balanced.

Focus on what you like to play, and play that class to its strengths, and chose your weapons carefully, pick engagements better, use your abilities etc.

You act like the HA class is game breaking, when against vehicles and aircraft and infantry clusters its the only thing that keeps the game balanced and in order. Also without a front line infantry class the game would be stalemates and maxes would be seen more then medics.

the HA and its weapons/tools/abilities are fine and balanced right now, they don't need changing.
  7. Noktaj

You know, there's a certain and rare type of infiltrator player I respect.
    The type that doesn't ninja wait stealthed in a brush so to spray the back of your head with a 800rpm submachine gun, nor the lonely guy on the top of a mouintain 200m away that 1 shot snipe you in the head just a nanosecond after he turned off the invisibility suit.

Seriously.
    Go hack terminals and spam darts, you vile creatures. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

but ALL infantry classes are powerful.
  9. Plunutsud pls

You will hear and/or see a smg infil coming unless you play on low settings and/or have bad situational awareness. Even if they somehow get the jump on you, they are still weaker and therefore easier to kill. You need to get really close with a smg to kill quickly, virtually shotgun range.

Snipers headshot you all the time from 200m away? Maybe that just means they have good aim while you are standing still out in the open? Move around more and keep in mind that good aim should always be rewarded.

Now Heavy Assault, on the other hand, can win by simply pressing F and spraying.
  10. Kozlovsky

I
    Interesting how you didn't argue against any of scrimrushers extremely valid and correct points. Probably because you know they are all true.

Also dude, looking at your stats, you have to face the hard truth that you are just not a good player. Your stats are average/below average at best. I'm not trying to insult you, it's just that your opinions on infantry balance aren't really that valid and insightful when you only have 2 days play time on each character in your sig and not 30+ days game play and extensive infantry experience. Also, good HA players skills are compounded when coupled with a good squad/outfit behind them.

Interesting to note that you have hardly if at all played the heavy class yourself, so again, going back to the point that you have no real experience on the matter. Also, about 50% of your play time is as an infiltrator, a class that is not designed at all to directly engage other classes, especially HA's, more so designed towards disruption and flanking.. Let me guess... crying because you went up against an HA toe-to-toe as an infil and lost... give me a break...

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428011263369972993.php

Take my stats for example, I am in the highest ranked outfit on briggs which is also the 4th highest ranked outfit in the world. I don't even main heavy and I average a k/d of 4+. I can safely say that I have A LOT more experience than you do in the matter and I can safely say that the heavy shield is absolutely fine in its current state and requires no changes what-so-ever.
    • Up x 1
  11. Plunutsud pls

Fyi I am not an average PS2 player.

Go look up average kdr and spm on DA, for a start.

Your experience in this game does not mean you are right and someone with less experience is wrong.
  12. Kozlovsky

You don't even have enough stats to calculate an infantry score on dasanfall. Also, I'm sorry, but it really does mean that you are wrong because you have not extensively played as HA and extensively played against HA. Especially on a server like briggs where the server population is much smaller and the average player is of much higher quality than the average player on massive zerg servers like emerald, and where you come up against very, very good players on a constant basis, like on briggs.

I feel that you need more experience with the game, and to play ALL of the classes extensively to have insight into the game and to have an opinion on something as drastic as butchering the HA shields.
    • Up x 1
  13. Plunutsud pls

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428011263369972993/stats

btw HA is your second most played class after Engineer and you have thousands of kills in vehicles.

Your stats tell me you are a farmer and that basically means you will defend anything that helps farm, including HA shield.

Nice try.

I obviously mean average kdr and spm across all servers, because you obviously don't even know those figures despite all your experience.

Your posts are also a prime example of elitism.

Briggs is also a bad example, I'm afraid. The last I heard, everyone with good internet and common sense left that server months ago for Connery or beyond.
  14. Kozlovsky

1000 of kills in vehicles just like every other BR100 with 30+ days gameplay. Actually I have a TINY amount of vehicle kills compared to other BR100's. This reinforces the point that you have limited experience with the game.

Notice how I aurax'd all the TR HA guns and then moved back to my two mains (engi/medic). [Obviously you didn't since it's hard to read dasanfall stats right?] Also notice how I have MORE kills with medic AR's than with HA lmg's in total. Though it's convenient for you to look over that right? Medic AR's and engi carbines smash lmgs. Interesting to note as well that you claim lmgs are op and what not when you actually haven't even used any carbines, ar's or lmgs at all. Starting to see my point now?

In the eyes of better players who have actually put the time into the game like me, you are an average player I'm afraid to tell you. Though I don't know how well you play as a support player, so whether you actually are an average player in that sense I cannot say.

Call me an elitist all you want, I actually have enough experience in the game to know that butchering the HA shield would be utterly stupid.

Also, my stats say I'm a farmer?.. LMAO. You obviously haven't seen the stats of an actual farmer. Please...

Also, believe it or not, briggs is actually an Australian server and I'm... comon you can guess it... AUSTRALIAN!!!! Not sure if you are actually serious...
    • Up x 1
  15. Scr1nRusher

Any class can win by spraying if they have automatic weapon up close.

The shield is all about timing, if you activated to soon, you waste it, if you activate it to late, your dead.

Its simple as that.

The Shield is Not broken or OP.

HA's Actually die more then every single class in the game.

Let that sink in.

You didn't respond to my posts and instead attack someone with a different Viewpoint then your agenda.

I don't get why your so obsessed with HA's to a point where you forgot how cool and how interesting your main class you play is.

The other class have alot more to them(and have more tactics) then the HA class has.

Different classes with different strengths,weaknesses and play styles.

if we didn't have that, this game would be boring and dead.
    • Up x 2