Phoenix amazing turnability @ 90 degrees + Instant kill = The most OP weapon in the game!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rustler, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Prownilo1

You saw a very short time-to-live of the missile, Given more time it would be able to turn more.

Also people seem to forget that the Lancer does have a massive downside, the trail it leaves will leave 0 guesswork into who shot you and from where, something the other ESL's do not have.

Basically you shoot the Lancer then have to completely re-position or you are going to get Killed when you try for the second.
  2. SuBs

Man the hell up you sap! Stop complaining about EVERY little non-linearity in this game and think up some ways to adapt.

If you people got your way PS2 would be completely homogenised and bland.
    • Up x 2
  3. Cpu46

I watched the video....

Did you?

The guy explains during and after its demonstration that the inertia that is introduced during a turn makes it harder to make the rocket land exactly where you want it and that they made it so nobody could use it to fire and pull a complete 180 to hit any target in it's range.

Looking at the demonstration it looks very balanced. Sure it's gonna hurt when it hits but between the 300 meter range and the turning radius + inertia it looks incredibly easy to evade. I have no problem being on the receiving end of this thing. Out of all the launchers I am most worried about the Lancer and I wouldn't even call it OP, just the near instant travel time and long range makes me thing vanu airspace is gonna be a scary scary place. Kinda disappointed that the Striker can't dumbfire but I understand that without the lock on only it would be majorly OP, really wanted to have to paint a target with a laser instead of boring old lock on though. I'll love it the same anyways.

Overall it looks like these launchers are probably some of the most balanced weapons SOE has released and I look forwards to more and more interesting additions like them in the future.
    • Up x 2
  4. TheBloodEagle

Looks more like the 2nd to me. The turns are not tight obviously. You can't turn it fast like the AV turret missile. That's understandable but it certainly does not fly like a brick. You can hide behind cover and curve it well to hit someone. You don't just have 10 degrees of movement directly in front of you. You CAN do top-down attacks, follow the ground and swoop around to hit something, etc. It's more effective than people made it seem like before (calling it a brick). I'm not saying at all you can do 180 degrees or do sharp turns or fly it around perfectly in the Bio Lab. But you sure as hell will do fine hitting everyone perfectly at Ti Alloys & The Crown, Crossroads, the hill between Crossroads & The Crown.

And then people talking about 300m like it's CQB. 300 meters is 984 feet. You have to be really lying to say that most HA get their AV kills 1000 feet out. Even Higby in the video said it was a ranged weapon. The first shot he fired was a good distance out. That's not hugging distance.

I really don't have a problem with it. I think it's awesome. But NC are downplaying it. My issue is about how absolutely boring the TR Striker is, sorry, I mean Annihilator 2.0.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phrygen

since when do rockets not have trails? What game are you playing?
  6. HadesR

But we don't know how much though ... Until we do thread's like these are pissing in the wind
  7. LameFox

Shhh, you might ruin someone's source of free headshots.
  8. CzingerX

Having "PSA" in all these thread titles is getting annoying. Not cool anymore.
  9. Mxiter

It actually looks like dealing 1650 damage each loaded shots or something quite close. (2 loaded shots/magazines)
    It will be close to the S1 launcher with 2 ammos/mag, no bullet drop and an awsome velocity... Not so bad ;)

Think about a mobile engies AV turret with no guidance needed because of the projectile speed, a bit less damages, but better ROF. Enjoy Sniping vehicles and infantry.

For the balance, i think all ESLF should have a small splash damage radius.
  10. THUGGERNAUT

so, you're going to trade one game run into the ground by F2P gimmicks and exploitation for... another game run into the ground by F2P gimmicks and exploitation.

sounds legit.
  11. THUGGERNAUT

don't waste your time on navoletti. he's either an elaborate troll or completely incapable of reason.
  12. Mxiter

Thx for the advice ;)
  13. Odin

Did the whining op and others even watch and listen to the video. The pheonix is garbage, it ran out of fuel, ie: the distance you saw when the camera stopped is as far as it goes ya crying children.
    There is no more arc or turn to it, thats as far as it can fly. It has no range and at the ranges it can go u can dumbfire a deci. This thread is hilarious, listen to higby ....it runs out of fuel at 300 metres, u know how close that is lol.
    You can have this piece of crap i will take the lancer every day of the week, most virsatile scary weapon in the video. A sniper av weapon, 5 guys sitting 1000 metres away can insta gib a tank, nahh thats no good at all...hahaha
    U whining children who cannot even listen to a simple video are the exact reason these forums are useless and the devs post elsewhere.
    • Up x 2
  14. Mxiter

Well it's still gonna have more bullet speed than decimator, or at least it will be easyer to compensate the drop or tracking mobile targets. Obviously an upgrade!
  15. Rustler

It did turn 90 degrees that is pretty damn good lol....y r u acting like that isnt great movement?
  16. Rustler

Dude, he crashed into a rock, if your referring to when he turn the rocket 90 degrees at the very least.

I kind of wonder now, it can probably even turn more if he hadnt crashed into the rock.
  17. Cl1mh4224rd

An aircraft carrier can turn 90 degrees, too. Hell, planets "turn" 90 degrees during their orbit.
  18. Laraso

Honestly? Really? The missile moves far too fast to be reliable against infantry. Seriously, this is all just paranoia and hysteria at this point.
  19. Rustler

Not that fast....and it doesn't dive like the rocket does.

Not only does it do 90 degrees but it can actually go down to the ground while doing it.

Keep pretending is a brick tho lol.
  20. Laraso

I agree with every single last part of what you said.