Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing word of an opportunity!
    Word has reached the rulers of both Freeport and Qeynos from troubled merchants, victims of gnolls in Antonica. Obviously, commerce is important to both realms, and in the spirit of cooperation, a call has gone out to enter Blackburrow, stronghold of the gnolls and cull their numbers! Adventurers, regardless of city of alignment, are encouraged to help in this endeavor.

Sunday, January 16th 2022 in Antonica at 1800 (Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  2. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

***** NEWSFLASH *****
    So, I was out and about in the world when I ran across these two old gnomes...brothers, they were...and bickering like I have never seen before...They just wouldn't stop fighting... I guess one of them was a bit clumsy or something and burned out their supplies...I don't know for sure, it was hard to understand them when they wouldn't stop fighting long enough to explain it clearly. But, one thing they did tell me was that both brothers, Bertholet and Baconnot, are going to be in WEST FREEPORT near the Coalition of Tradesfolke building on TUESDAY, JANUARY 25th at 6:00PM PST because they are in desperate need of help. I told them that I have to be working on that day, but I would spread the word so others can help them out. I hope you can do me a huge favor and go help those crazy brothers! Take a picture of them and post it here so I can live vicariously through all of you while you're at it!
  3. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Tomas adjusted the thick cloak, pulling the fur lining of the hood close to help cut the bitter cold wind of the Eastern Wastes. The howling wind and savage cold conjured memories of long ago, when he and his friends had braved the frozen wastes of Everfrost to dispatch the ghost dragon, Lady Vox.
    Staggering along the Path of Glory, Tomas hoped that the rumors he’d come across in now far-remembered Gorowyn were true. He’d left the warm breezes of Timorous Deep and made his way here, in hopes the fabled Stormshield Clan of the Coldain would offer him the challenge.
    The giants patrolling the Path were quickly dispatched, using the same dart and slash tactics he’d perfected against the Goliaths of The Thundering Steppes. At least here, the wind had lessened and he was able to push back the hood and open the cloak slightly. It was then that he heard it; applause and a deep chuckle. Looking up, he saw him, a lone Coldain, the icy gaze fixed upon him. He beckoned, urging Tomas to finish his ascent.
    “Well dispatched!” The Coldain exclaimed. “I am Krunjir of the Stormshield Clan of the Coldain. Be at ease here, take a breath!”
    Tomas bowed deeply. “Greetings, Krunjir Stormshield. I am Tomas, son of Garret, son of Bastian, Second Chief of the Kethyri Clan. There are rumors of a challenge the Stormshields offer. I…”
    Krunjir’s laughter cut him off.
    “Aye, tis true, we have a challenge for those adventurers who have the experience. Your skill was evident as I watched your ascent; I think you’ll do well. It is a simple quest. You must journey into Kael Drakkel” he gestured to a set of massive stone stairs leading to a pair of mammoth doors. “I will give you a list of places to visit within. You may reach those by stealth or combat, it matters not. Once you have completed the journey, you will get a mystical reward.”
    Tomas straightened. “I am ready.”
    Krunjir nodded, taking Tomas’ Quest Journal and swiftly wrote the instructions.
    “Fortune and Glory to you, Tomas!”

Wednesday 01/26/2022 @ 1800 (PST)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Yareth SWAT EQ

Hello, Isle of Refuge! Unfortunately, these brothers had a volatile argument and blew up their kitchen. They are tasked with cleaning it all up and are not allowed to go outside until they get it all cleaned up. Their arrival will be delayed a day or two. Keep checking back for announcements!

(Baconnot assured me that he would be there on Thursday at 6pm PST but his brother seemed highly doubtful and was shaking his head so who knows with these two contrary siblings. :rolleyes: )

5. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

I have a message ...

An Erudite is looking for some help mapping distant lands.
    I know you have heard of all the mapping that has been going on.
    Many of you have been helping with that and we appreciate the help.
    We really do.
    Well, we have a problem.
    It seems you all might have missed a bit in the Celestial Realms.
    I know mapping is hard and you all tried your best.
    But...
    The Erudite Counsel thinks younger eyes might be needed.
    The research will be up in
    Taren's Grasp, Kylong Plains around 7pm pst Wednesday 1/26.

Reminder: This quest can only be completed once per character, so if you have completed it already do send up your friends.
  6. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

********NEWSFLASH*********
    Well, you will not believe what happened to me. Here I was minding my own business and I ran upon this Fae damsel in distress. She wouldn't stop crying long enough even to tell me her name. She kept saying it was all going to ruined if she couldn't get the fresh vegetables and stuff to make her gourmet meals so he will love her thrice. To be honest, it was all so fuzzy and confusing...it was her, of course, and NOT because I may have drank a few ales. She mumbled a lot but said she was in desperate need of help in order to get all that she needed to impress her beau. I told her that I did not have any fresh vegetables on me and she assured me she would give me one more chance to save the day. She will be in KELETHIN on Thursday, February 3rd at 6PM PST. I tried to catch her name, but she kept sobbing each time so all I can is go to Kelethin and look for a Fae in need. I wish I could be there to help her out as well, but you know me...work and all. Good luck!
  7. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing word of another excursion opportunity to mysterious Vetrovia!
    I have it on good authority that an Erudite researcher has been spotted wandering about Kylong Plains, offering heroes a once in a lifetime chance to use her research notes to explore this new land!

note: she's a little skittish in large crowds, so if you are going to place a Guild rally banner, please place it far enough way so people don't crowd on top of her.

Sunday 01/30/2022 @ 1800 PST

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  8. Rosyposy Active Member

Thanks so much for the new guide quest on IoR! I was able to pick it up on 10 toons.
    Necroconz and Gryger like this.
  9. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Rosyposy,

Thank you so much for posting here! We guides LOVE to hear from our wonderful players. :) /hug
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello Norrathians!

Is there a Guide quest that you yearn for but can never seem to find?
    Be sure to post your request here and, if it is possible, I am sure one of us will make it happen!
  11. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

********NEWSFLASH*********
    Well, you will not believe what happened to me. Here I was minding my own business and I ran upon this Fae damsel in distress. She wouldn't stop crying long enough even to tell me her name. She kept saying it was all going to ruined if she couldn't get the fresh vegetables and stuff to make her gourmet meals so he will love her thrice. To be honest, it was all so fuzzy and confusing...it was her, of course, and NOT because I may have drank a few ales. She mumbled a lot but said she was in desperate need of help in order to get all that she needed to impress her beau. I told her that I did not have any fresh vegetables on me and she assured me she would give me one more chance to save the day. She will be in KELETHIN on Thursday, February 3rd at 6PM PST. I tried to catch her name, but she kept sobbing each time so all I can is go to Kelethin and look for a Fae in need. Don't miss it! Be sure to go there and help this poor Fae....She is arriving very soon!
  12. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Many thanks to all who came out this evening to help Ms. Alolonia the Fae beauty to woe her beau with delightful food! It was wonderful to see so many to answer her call!
  13. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

I heard that....

A Dwarf will be in Kelethin near the Thalumbra portal.
    Friday night - Feb 4 6:00 pm pst.
    If you have not help map the Underrealms,
    please stop by and pick up this quest.
    You can only do it once,
    so send up your friends if you have helped before.

He apologizes for not getting to Kelethin.
    He was so busy at the forge that time slipped by him. He will be in Kelethin Saturday Feb5 at 7 pm pst
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

My Dearest IOR Family,
    It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to hang up my guide hat and retire. I have been guiding on EQ2 for over nine years now and it is time that I bid thee all farewell. Please know that I have enjoyed every moment on IOR and will miss each of you deeply! For those who want to do a final sword dance with me, meet me at 8:00am PST in Frostfang Sea by the New Halas Docks on this Saturday, February 5th. I will be sure to bring some shineys! Quest on!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

*******FINAL NEWS FLASH********
    I happened to be zipping through Kylong Plains this evening when I ran across this hauntingly beautiful map maker, Centaris Arundhati, who told me that she had made a wonderful map of the dark side of the moon...if I understood her correctly. She said her map would let you find your way even in the "shadows" even if they were reigning down upon you! She said she would be in Teren's Grasp in Kylong Plains new the wizard spire portal there on Saturday, February 5th, at 9:00am PST. I promised her I would get the word out to everyone! I hope you all make me look good and show up to help test out her map for her!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Leonitas Member

My toons had fun sword dancing, axe dancing, even guitar dancing. I wish you pure happiness in all future endeavors, and if you see me on any server in the future, do say hi! Hugs, and happy retirement :)
    Necroconz and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Leonitas,

Thank you! I loved getting the opportunity to teach you my sword dancing techniques! You did a mighty fine job with your axes! Although, I must say, my favorite by far was the guitar dancing. It was the first time I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing it! Thank you for bring this Guide a lot of joy today! I hope to see you as well in the days I have left on IoR!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Leonitas Member

Any word if times got mixed up or this was postponed or? we been waiting from before 6pm pst and its past 7pm pst thus far. :)
  19. Forestyne Senior EQ2 Valor

We do apologize for the inconvenience. It seems the Dwarf may have stopped by a pub or 2 and was detained by the militia. We will see if we can bail him out by the end of this weekend and get him back to his research. We will keep you posted. Thank you
    Leonitas likes this.
  20. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

He apologizes for not getting to Kelethin.
    He was so busy at the forge that time slipped by him.
    He will be in Kelethin Saturday Feb5 at 7 pm pst
    Leonitas likes this.