Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Good Morning IoR!
    I am nestled at New Halas Docks sporting a new look just for this morning! I do hope you come on by to peruse it. I will be here until about 8:45am PST / 11:45am EST! I hope I get to see you!
  2. Leonitas Member

You were lookin snazzy in that pink outfit! A different look for you! Fun times! :D
  3. Leonitas Member

Many thanks to the guides tonight for their great maps of thalumbra and the light side of luclin.

Looks like i still have 4 needing to map the celestial realms, and 1 that hasn't heard the news-ies yet. I shall keep my eyes peeled o_O
  4. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Why thank you Leonitas for your kind words! They are very much appreciated.

When I look into my crystal ball, I am sure I see a visit to celestial realms in your future.
  5. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

**********NEWS FLASH (Special Edition)***********

So today here I was walking around Norrath to burn the beauty into my memory when I ran across my favorite mapmaker, Centuris Arundhati. She told me that she was going to be in The Commonlands by the Wizard Spires on Friday, February 11th at 2:30pm PST (5:30pm EST) to see if she could find some adventurous souls to test out her map of the Celestial Realms. She asked me if I would test it for her, but I had to disappoint her for I was not available, but I promised to pass the news out to my fellow Norrathians to drum up some map testers for her. Please do me a solid and go help this lovely lady. Tell me all about your adventure here so I can live vicariously through all of you.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

I am afraid the time has run out and this quest will not be able to run as planned. Centuris would like me to convey her deepest apologies for her. This will be my final post to all of you! Please know that I love all of you on Isle of Refuge and I wish you the very best as you go forth to conquer the monsters that roam Norrath! It has been my greatest honor to walk and dance the world of Norrath with you!
    Leonitas and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

Thank you Isle of Refuge.

We have had fun providing guide events for you.
    Leonitas likes this.
  8. Leonitas Member

does that mean isle of refuge will have no more guide events? =/ like...ever?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Kansas New Member

Good morning! Any guide events coming to Isle of Refuge anytime soon? *hopeful*
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Rynara Elder Guide

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a Guide presence on IOR
  11. Rosyposy Active Member

:eek:
  12. Rynara Elder Guide

I know and I'm sorry :(
  13. Lowretta New Member

C'mon guys! It's been over a year now! Are we not worthy of guide quests on IOR? I know we don't have a huge server population, but it doesn't mean we don't deserve a little love from the guides. :) When we did have guides show up, we made efforts to make sure we'd have folks show up for it, and rotated as many of our alts through as we could. You've left us hanging since at least May of last year. PRETTY PLEASE??!! Give us back a guide!!
  14. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

We are sorry, but unfortunately we do not have a Guide presence on IoR at this time.
  15. Lowretta New Member

Thank you for responding Miriele. I'm not trying to be rude here, but we're aware we don't have a guide presence on IOR. What we'd like to know is WHY we don't have a guide presence, and is it ever going to change??

We know the population is low and that there aren't a lot of folks here to "guide." While I don't mind it, we're locked on this server. Personally, I love not having to fight for resources, mobs, etc. I love not having trolls in General chat. I truly enjoy IOR as a server. Unless the plan is to just wait for this server to die, there doesn't seem to be a lot of attention for IOR from DBG.

That said, I also LOVE guide quests! I see guide quests continue on other servers. Are all the existing guides boycotting IOR? Or is it simply a matter of no one being assigned here?

Please help us out with a little more information than just "we have no guide presence on IOR." Thank you for your time.
  16. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

We definitely appreciate the support, so thank you!

Please know the Guides do not "boycott" anything, nor do we have a say in what servers we are on. We are only on servers that Darkpaw permits us to have a Guide presence on.

I am sorry that this may not be the answer you are looking for, but it is all the information we have to provide.
  17. Lowretta New Member

+
    Thank you again Miriele! I was actually being facetious when I asked about boycotting. I was actually just trying to emphasize my point, so I apologize if I offended. It was not my intention. I know you go where you are sent. I have one last question, then won't bug you anymore. If not this forum, how do we go about letting DBG know that we would really like some guide attention on our server?

This forum is easy to figure out. But I don't post much in the EQ2 forums, so sometimes get a little lost about where is the most advantageous place to get my comments seen by the powers that be. Any help will be very much appreciated!!
  18. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

No, no offense taken, but I wanted folks to be assured that we do not pick and choose where we go on a whim. :)

There really is no specific location to post what you are asking. :( As with any type of feedback or suggestion you would go through normal channels by using the /feedback command in game or by utilizing the feedback section of the official EQ2 forums. You could also, if you use it, post on discord directly under your server section as another option.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but I do wish you luck in your travels and adventures across Norrath and appreciate your support of the Guides. :)
    Rynara likes this.
  19. Lowretta New Member

Well, here we are, 5 months after my last post, and STILL NOTHING FROM DBG FOR IOR. We are a guaranteed income stream for DBG; doesn't that merit some kind of attention to this issue? I see guide events being posted on other servers, but it's like IOR has fallen into a black hole.

I have been told that devs only pay attention to posts made in Discord. Well guess what? I have a Discord account, BUT NO CELL PHONE. And guess what else? I can't post in Discord to ask that this issue be addressed w/o a text verification. NO CELL PHONE HERE - I REPEAT - NO CELL PHONE HERE.

It's like we've been completely forgotten by DBG. If you don't want the server to survive, at least give us an option to transfer off.

If it is indeed true that guides go where DBG sends them, what is the harm in sending them to a less populated server? I'm sure it's boring sitting around for an hour hoping people will show up, but don't we deserve as much attention as any other server? It's been February of 2022 since we had any guide attention. I appreciate Miriele's earlier responses, but surely someone somewhere up the food chain can respond?

I see there will be a Frostfell Guide event for Maj'Dul tomorrow. How about IOR? Do we just get lumps of coal this year, and for the foreseeable future?

Please take some time and respond with something other than a canned response that there is no presence here. At least give us a reason why we're being ignored.
  20. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

While we appreciate your support and desire for Guide events, these forums are for announcements of Guide Events if we are permitted to have a presence on said servers. The Guides sadly have no say in what servers we can be on and I know this can be quite frustrating for players.

I would suggest making your concerns known via the official EQII forums (General Feedback perhaps) or have a friend with access on discord post for you under the IoR section. You also have the ability to submit feedback in game.

Please know the responses we give are not canned, but all the information we have, so if you are looking for additional answers or information if it can be given, you would need to post your concerns in the official places for Darkpaw to see.

Please also note you do have Frostfell season activities in game that are not Guide related, so you are not just getting lumps of coal for the season.

I do wish you the happiest of holidays regardless of the outcome. :)