Isle of Refuge Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

We would like to thank all the players who came out to our Quest Fest today.

We had so much fun I think we will do it again in October.
  2. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gyger here, bearing whispers of someone needing assistance with a curious research project in The Enchanted Lands!
    Be on the lookout and see if you can lend a hand!

Thursday 09/23/21 @ 1700 Pacific

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  3. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here yet again, with more whispers of goings-on in the world.
    Tomorrow (09/29/21) be on the lookout for an arasai in need of assistance in Darklight Woods! From his estimates, he should be there around 1800 (*Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Please remember that the actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Guide Program and events may be canceled or delayed without notice. In the event of a delayed or cancelled event, we will make every effort to inform you of the cancellation or delay.
  4. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing news of a denizen of the Ever Deep looking for bold adventurers to help him! Be on the lookout in Greater Faydark for him!

Thursday 10/07/21 @ 1800 Pacific

Please note: "The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra" is a non-repeatable quest. Please check your quest journal to make sure you haven't already completed it.

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  5. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing you some noteworthy news!

It’s that time of year again! Time for the Trick or Treat Marathon!

Coming up (Saturday October 23rd) I will be running Trick or Treat and a few other NotD quests throughout the day. Please see the schedule below!

NOTE: Feel free to come to any (or all) of the Trick or Treat sessions, just because you come out to one doesn’t mean you’re not welcome at the others! Just a reminder, all times listed are Pacific.

0300 (yes, 3am) Antonica
    1030 Maj-Dul
    1800 Commonlands

Also, be on the lookout for other quests and events as the day progresses.

Happy Nights of The Dead!
  6. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, with news of an adventuring opportunity!

For far too long, the rampaging gnolls of Antonica have had their way with wary travelers and those poor souls trying to make a living off the land. The Qeynos Guard have been tasked with helping. Although they have fought valiantly and successfully, their intelligence indicates the problem is more deeply rooted than just in Antonica itself. They have turned their attention to The Blackburrow. Unfortunately, the narrow passages make it a tactical nightmare for the Guard; a more 'subtle' approach is required.
    To this end, they have dispatched an agent to help recruit adventurers to enter The Blackburrow and slay a number of the gnolls within to help.

Tuesday, October 12th 2021 @ 1800 (Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  7. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Greetings, all!
    The nights grow colder, the shadows a bit darker as the harvest comes to a close and the Nights of the Dead approach. It's one of my favorite times of the year, and my friend Ominotago Loresinger, yes, the great bardic damsel of the famed Loresingers, shares my sentiment!
    Long a fan of scary stories, Ominotago has collected a few, and I've managed to convince her to share one with you!
    This year, there's so much to do during the festival, I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to hear her bone-chilling tale, so I asked her to give 2 performances!
    Be on the lookout this coming Sunday (10/17/2021) for her curtain call!

10/17/2021 @ 1000 and 1800 (Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  8. Gryger SWAT EQ2

[IMG]

Guide Gryger here with an extra special announcement just for our Isle of Refuge players!
    Please see the schedule below for a listing of quests and special events that we are running on Saturday only on the Isle of Refuge.

note: all times are Pacific Daylight Time

** UPDATE: due to IRL issues, the first quest has been moved to 0200, NOT 0130! **
    • 0200 A vengeful spirit seeks release in Greater Faydark!
    • 0300 Join the Guides for a friendly session of Trick or Treat in Antonica
    • 0600 A werewolf hunter could use some help in Loping Plains
    • 1030 Another round of Trick or Treat, this time in Sinking Sands
    • 1200 A special Aether Racetrack is opening in Thundering Steppes for a limited time! This is a special racetrack, not the standard one running at City Festivals. note: the racetrack will be available from 1200 to 1800 Pacfic
    • 1500 Speaking of Thundering Steppes, there's a skeleton that could use some help getting "a head" of things...
    • 1730 This is your last call for the Thundering Steppes Aether Racetrack, it will be closing down at 1800 promptly, no exceptions.
    • 1800 If you've missed the other sessions, this is your last chance to participate in a Trick or Treat run, this time in Commonlands! note: at this time, the Thundering Steppes Aether Racetrack will be closed.
    • 2230 Our final quest of the night takes you back to Loping Plains to help treat a wounded ... wolf...
    • 2330 The peace of Greater Faydark is once again shattered by the howls of a tormented spirit!
    and be sure to keep an eye out in General Chat, we might just show up to throw an impromptu party and allow people to get some pumpkin tossing in!
    Guide Event Disclaimer:
  9. Gryger SWAT EQ2

I just wanted to pop in and say "Thank You" to everyone who came out to yesterday's events. This annual marathon means a lot to me, it has RL roots. For a number of years it was impacted by RL issues and this was the first time in 5 years that I was able to bring it back to full strength.
    It wouldn't have been possible without your participation. Thank you all!
    And yes, I've already got some ideas for NotD 2022... but until then, as the signature says...

"Safe journey and good fortune to you all!"
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

I heard that.....

Necromancers will be out in Antonica holding a
    Spooky Scavenger Hunt Oct 28 at 7pm pdt.
    I hope you will gather your friends and join in on the fun.
  11. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

I heard that.....

The
    Night of the Dead
    needs some more fun,
    so Saturday Oct 30
    at noon
    in the Village of Shin,
    we will be
    out trick or treating.
    Come join us.
  12. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing news of an adventuring opportunity!

Once again, the stalwart Stormshield Clan has offered a challenge to the boldest of Norrath... enter Kael Drakkel!

Please note: if you have already completed the quest "Kael or Be Kael'ed" it cannot be offered again; be sure to check your Quest Journal!

Wednesday 11/17/2021 @ 1700 (5pm) Pacific Standard Time

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  13. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho. Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, and once again, an envoy of the Ever Deep has been spotted in Greater Faydark, offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for exploration! Seek him out for a special tour of Thalumbra!

Thursday, 11/25/2021 @ 1800 PST

note: The Quest "Guide's Guide to Thalumbra" is non-repeatable. Please check your Quest Journal so you don't run all the way out to Greater Faydark!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  14. Kansas New Member

I deleted all my characters and remade them on a whim, but now they need all the old high status quests again. =( *begs and pleads*

Thank you so much for your time in doing these guide quests!
    -Asuna
    Gryger likes this.
  15. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Funny you should mention that... Keep your eyes here!
  16. Gryger SWAT EQ2

Ho, Ho, Ho, Norrath!
    Guide Gryger here, bringing word of a mysterious visitor to Kylong Plains! I have heard that she comes from the newly discovered continent and has a special quest for those strong enough to journey to this new land and explore it's wonders!

note: as with most of these "discovery quests", it can only be completed once per character. Please make sure to check your journal for "The Guide's Guide to Visions of Vetrovia" so you don't waste your time.

Sunday, December 12th 2021. There will be 2 chances to pick up this quest! Once at 7am and again at 7pm (Pacific Time for both)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  17. Gryger SWAT EQ2

[IMG]
    Ho, Ho, Ho, Norrath! (I know, I already used it, but it's still Frostfell!) :)

Announcing the 2021 "Guide's Guide Gala"!
    On Wednesday, December 22nd, I will be running all five of the "Guide's Guide" quests so if you've missed an opportunity this year, you can get caught up!

Please Note: The Guide's Guide quests can only be completed once per character. Once completed, it cannot be offered again. Also, these quests complete automatically, so you can pick them up and complete at your leisure; there's no need to drop what you're doing just to run through it.

* Times are Pacific Standard *

0900 Journey to the Ever Deep in "The Guide's Guide to Thalumbra"
    1200 You're going places now in "The Guide's Guide to The Celestial Realms"
    1500 It's into the status-phere for "The Guide's Guide to Luclin"
    1800 Bang! Zoom! To the moon with you in "The Guide's Guide to Reign of Shadows"
    2100 Get suited up to explore in "The Guide's Guide to Visions of Vetrovia"

Again. be sure to check your Quest Journal so you don't waste your time traveling all that way!

Guide Event Disclaimer:
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Kaukumu SWAT EQ2

Happy Frostfell Everyone.
    If you are not too busy tomorrow, Sunday Dec 26
    at 5pm pst,
    please come to the Village of Shin
    and join us,
    the Guides of the Shattered Lands
    for a little party.
  19. Gryger SWAT EQ2

My friend Braxle, a Dwarf with a penchant for axes, has told me he's conducting some research into the ancient axes of Kaladim and is actually looking for help from the brave adventurers of Norrath! If you are interested in assisting him with his research, you'll find him in the Butcherblock Mountains!

(Braxle will be in Butcherblock Mountains Thursday 12/30/2021 @ 1800 Pacific)

Guide Event Disclaimer:
  20. Gryger SWAT EQ2

"They're quite amazing creatures, I'll have you know." she said, taking a sip of tea.
    "I don't know, Hirzla." I said, offering her a cookie. "They just seem like mindless mushrooms to me."
    "Ah, that's because you haven't really had a chance to look at them properly! That's why I left my lab, so I could actually study them in the wild!"
    "The only wild mushrooms I want to see are cooked up and served on toast!" I said, laughing out loud.

I'll tell you something. Coldain don't have a sense of humor. The room became as frosty as her visage.

"As I was saying... I intend to study them in the wild. But I don't move as swiftly as I used to!"
    "Well, maybe when you arrive, you can see if anyone will help you catch some?" I offered.
    "That's a grand idea!" Hirzla exclaimed, putting the teacup down. "I'd best hurry if I want to catch the boat to New Halas!"
    "Boat? There are faster ways of travel these days, you know?" I said, helping her with her cloak.
    "Ah, but you know me, I like the old ways better. Besides, nothing beats feeling the surge of the sea beneath your feet, or the crack of the sails in a fast wind. My thanks for the tea!"

Hirzla will be in Frostfang Sea on Tuesday, January 4th 2022 at 1800 (6pm) Pacific time.

Guide Event Disclaimer: