Will SF be like TSO?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Antipaladin wrote:
    Acually every casual i have spoken with about the difficulty of tso has said its far to difficult, and every raider i have talked to says its just about right, and i am in tune with both playerbases, i assure you
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Antipaladin wrote:
    There i fixed that for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

Just so we're on the same page here, y'all want an expansion consisting entirely of the Shard of Love right?
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

SageGaspar wrote:
    Uh, no.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Ok, how's this for "irony" . . .
    CM is absolutely religious about using $OE instead of SOE. I "assume" in protest to some of the recent push toward microtransactions in EQ2.
    But, let's look at that for just a sec. Someone who wanted to protest this new'ish mechanic would probably be someone who, as a means of protest, would avoid any and all uses of that system. Makes sense to me.
    However, what we have here is a Paladin created in December of 2004, not all that long after the game released, and certainly far in advance of any expansions. Strangely, he's an Arasai Paladin. How, in a time before even Froglok's were available, did someone create an Arasai?
    Race change potions on the other hand, would easily explain it, but since he is a raging fanatic against the money grubbing machine, we KNOW that can't be . . .
    Dude, your credibility is pretty much zip.
  6. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Wow, because i bought one race change potion? That is a pretty impressive feat for one item.
    $OE is in protest of changing all racial traits to completely different things, then charging $25 for a spec to something that puts you back where you were before they changed it.
    And yeah I spent $12.50 (bought my $OE $tation ca$h when they were 50% off because I wanted my human paladin to be a barbarian paladin because barbarian was better for the class). I have all that in my wallet from before I knew what they were going to do with the ole change everything and charge you to go back. Now I get glide and wings. AND I feel the entire path they took for $tation Ca$h was misleading, and completely underhanded. Talk about racial change potions, then offer $C at 50% off, then implement racial changes to create artificial desire, and then to top it off make what is an extremely minor programming change $25 ($10 would have been much more appropriate) was just completely dishonest and really chaps my hind parts. Is that gonna make me leave $C I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT to sit and do nothing? (since I can't get a refund) no. i still have some and will use it up someday. Or giving all the new furniture to $C instead of carpenters, $OE must be truly hurting to treat it's customers this way. Now i chose an arasai that i like without being the 'best' for my class, because I have accepted that CM will never be a raid tank it is just simply too large a committment.
    As to TSO and the current topic, if $OE would get more customers by making the game more friendly to those who play it without min maxing instead of trying to milk their current customers with $C, they would overall be much much more profitable. But $OE consistently caters to the 5-10% of the population that are raiders, by forcing people to min/max. Now for a simple business exercise. All my customers pay the same amount for my product Widget A (EQ2) do I do things for 90% of the customers or 10%? Smart companies cater to the 90%, dumb companies cater to the 10% and then invent reasons to charge the customer more money. And yes, 99% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    But that was a good try at changing the subject since you don't have anywhere else to go I guess. Ad hominems are bad form.
  7. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

therodge wrote:
    I'm not a raider (I used to raid in another MMO) and I approve of the difficulty in TSO, it feels right to me because its varied and offers a progression, although maybe that's why I'm not playing that other MMO since all the content there outside of a raid was easy mode. Put this way, I don't think anyone at 80 is stuck because there is nothing to do for their skill level.
    While a portion of the user base are saying things are too hard then it must be right, a lot of people can and have cleared TSO group zones so they are certainly doable, and with Kunark content the same level there was no point in creating more easy content. As for the non-group content I like TSO, although as a big Froglok fan that's understandable, I'm not sure how others got on with the zones, to me they seemed to have storylines, emotion and depth to them.
  8. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    $eriou$ly?
  9. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    That other game actually from third party sources has subs between gently rising to gently falling and that's being kind to them since 1/2 their user base disappeared in the great Chinese fiasco of 2009. Personally I think with their move to instant gratification in the game is speeding up player burnout in that game patch after patch, player numbers there have been following that trend too checking the realm stats.
    Meanwhile their guess on the EQ2 subs has them level, that's not "EPIC fail", its actually looking a pretty decent expansion in that it reversed a slow decline trend.
    EQ2 has got a lot of problems for sure, novel like descriptions on items (I counted on Mythical as having 43 lines of text) is one, the heroic content being scripted like a raid certainly isn't since that other popular MMO actually used this successfully when they were actually rising subs exponentially in a previous expansion (before blowing it in my opinion by dumbing down to try and fit everyone).
    Constant changing of items, that goes on too with that other MMO, they even have item degredation in there, I do not think they are big problems although the items in EQ2 do feel like they getting in a mess thanks to someone dumb decision to put in hard %'s without scaling it. Yet in that other MMO they will be scrapping 1/2 the stats in the next expansion, that's a heck of a big change compared to EQ2, and during the life of the current one they have nerfed various items, classes and even the stats themselves! EQ2 if anything has been too static in comparison.
    Right now EQ2 has some real problems with an older graphical engine that isn't using the latest hardware, limited support for multi-cores even though they are mainstream at ~80% of the Steam user base for example, item mudflation with no clear plan for the future, and basic gameplay for classes that does need resorting out after 5 years of additions. None of them are unsolvable.
  10. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

MurFalad wrote:
    I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Good hunting.
  11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

If you don't want to play a "serious" game, there are many other MMO's out there for you to try out. EQ2 is a more "serious" game. It involves, you know, actual thinking. There is actual depth to the game that requires some understanding. Many folks have managed to get a handle on it, using the same exact tools and resources you have available. Some of them have even written "For Dummies" style explanations.
    You rant and rave about how you hate SOE for bringing micro transactions to EQ2 . . . and you participate in what you hate? There's a word for that: hypocrite. It's really not very good for your credibility. I called you out on it. Doesn't matter to me whether you accept it or not.
    Here's the bottom line for you: You're never going to be happy here. The game is over your head. It's ok. There are 11 million users over in WoW in the same boat. Whatever the number is these days. idk. idc. Go find a game you do understand and be happy there.
    Fortunately for most folks, you aren't involved in design decisions and we can safely assume that given your less than stellar reputation here, your influence will be minimal even if your volume is not.
  12. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Banditman wrote:
    You make a lot of assumptions without any facts and reading comprehension /FTW.
    many people private message me that they like my ideas. Many of my ideas eventually make it into the game.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    You're really reaching there. Illusionists are pretty much the only ones out of 24 classes who lose a really significant focus by going with full t3 over 2 pieces of vp assuming they don't have t4 armor, and if you parse it the damage is more or less comparable to the same increase everyone else gets by the base increases on their shoulders on t3 stuff. Basically everyone else requires wearing too many pieces of vp which are inferior to wearing t2, much less t3. From a farming standpoint, for a guild that's actually intending to go through raid progression, VP is a waste of time except for mythicals compared to just running people through WoE. Trakanon isn't bad, mind you, since you can just skip to him, but thinking VP armor/jewelry is some sort of requirement for progression is delusional.
  14. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    I read through allot of the posts in this thread. This one rings very true.
    I totally and utterly agree with Feldon that gear is very easily accessed via soloing as soon as the Lavastorm update hit. It only got easier with tweaks made to the costs of the jewelry.
    The only tweaks I'd of made as a Dev for the zones in TSO in terms of Difficulty was prolly making more hints at how the encounters worked. Some were very easy to solve, like the Genie in NHT while others seemed to have strange wtf is going on moves like the forge named in DF seemed to have a wtf pwn elemental uncureable dot sometimes and other times not all. (I could never confirm if it was related to the hammers or not...)..
    Varsoon was cake(I just didn't like the random noxious DoT, the rest was seemingly easy the 20 different times I've killed him with 2 different classes) but the 3 named encountered together much before him had a huge fault in it, and that was a timer/DPS requirement based on the orb reaching it's destination.
  15. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Please, if I'm ranting, feel free to point it out. Nothing? Thought not.
    While you may or may not have people sending you private messages, I have folks "brave" enough to publicly tell me when they agree.
    You may think that I am making an ad hominem arguement, when in fact, character speaks to the credibility of the speaker. Your lengthy history of making ridiculous claims here is quite important when one is considering whether your current arguement has merit.
    Basically, you've made so many silly, outlandish and otherwise inaccurate arguements in the past, you've got an uphill battle before anyone will listen to a thing you have to say, now or in the future.
    Congratulations. Your reputation now preceeds you.
  16. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Oakmiser@Kithicor wrote:
    Yes, in fact, this was something that as far back as beta we were giving feedback on. It wasn't always "clear" exactly how someone without knowledge of the script was supposed to figure it out.
    The Varsoon encounter was much, much harder at release. In particular, the Razor room had no warning at all attached to the spawning of the razor pets. You had to simply "guess" and move when they were due to spawn without any sort of cue at all. It was insanely difficult.
    On the Library, it didn't work at all as intended in the beginning. It was crazy. Now with the books and the heals working properly it's really very easy.
    Even in raiding, some of the "warnings" still need to be looked at. For instance, the "cure yourself or wipe the raid" effects typically give you a tinted vision when you are required to deal with it . . . but why doesn't something like the unstable minion in the Tyrannus encounter do that?
    It's all about the consistency of the warnings and script hints.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hi :)
    Let's chill just a bit please. It's getting a little heated up in here.
    Remember... Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Only if you are a raider/min/maxer, normal people see exactly the same thing I do. You can't see that, just as you can't see TSO as a fail because you are already at the point of min/max/etc.
    Nothing outlandish, silly or inaccurate, just from a common persons point of view, which you are unable to see from you vantage point.
    Edit: Some of my previous posts are only innacurate 'now' because the game has been modified to make it so.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Actually raiders want raid content, maybe the ers on raiders confused you.

Heroic instances are designed for casual players, sadly even when SoE spends the majority of their time and money catering to this crowd they are still not happy
    Hopefully they learned their lesson
  20. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Hey where is the sig?