Will SF be like TSO?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Let us in family and/or small guilds know where to find such groups. Let's see, world chat is always looking for "fast runs" with people in T2/myth to even run through EA (someone in a group mentioned 9k dps is required for that zone...the group dissolved after hearing that, as no one tries anymore...You have about 45 minutes to run through a zone or people bolt, especially on heroic content [wait 45 minutes to get even 6 people together, and 45 minutes to finish a zone deal]).
    That's how it's like in the trenches outside raid guilds. Too many forget a time they weren't in raid guilds and geared and run with a insync group -- sure killing solo content in maxed out gear is going to be "easy", especially if your buds played the game together for 5 years!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Kibani@Nektulos wrote:
    Public instance/raid calls have zero to do with anyone's reputation (they don't know who'll will be asking to join anyway) and such calls for T2+/fabled is to run through zones in 45 minutes or less. You will not see calls for "New 80 tank wanting to run through EA to learn the zone...PST...T1/MC/Adepts" (and woe the person who did for the snarky types to feed upon for their "real entertainment").
    EQ2 isn't new player friendly. It's not even new class friendly. It's about a fighting for their perch to poop on anyone below for even trying (butter the bread on both sides: claim "try harder to gear up to finish the zone"; then claim in the same breath, "But you don't need such gear to finish the zone" [and spend 15 minutes or so in world chat claiming superiority]).
    Schizophrenia at it's finest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    Can't imagine why a newly minted level 80 tank would be asking for an EA group. How bout starting out a little lower maybe? Buy a couple Experts?
    None of your experiences / complaints apply accurately to my server. I've been in plenty of PUGs and a few PURs. Never seen anyone kicked from a group/raid for gear. I've honestly never seen requirements for gear listed in calls for groups. Raids I have, or maybe it was for raiding guilds that were recruiting. Not 100% sure.
    The game itself though is very new player friendly. Sorry you have poopy people on your server, but that's hardly the game's fault.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

TSO did a lot of things right. It also had a lot of things that could have been done better.
    High replay value? Good.
    Accessibility to some decent gear through instances runs? Good.
    Lots of choices in instances? Good.

Accessibility/Difficulty? Was not good.
    Randomness now factored into encounters? Was not good.

But these are things that they can learn from :). It's not a death mark on the game by any means.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    On the perch again?
    The Widow Mistress update run the other day still had people in treasured gear (about 1/4), and luckily only one or two died (smooth run guys despite not geared up to the teeth, thanks!). The EA run I was tanking we cleared half the zone with one healer - duoed half of it, called artillery in to get a quest update w-a-y inside. We died a couple times trying to figure out the zone, but got it. I usually in the top 5 in a raid in damage output, and only because anyone else has their myth -- and I'm not even mastered out yet or have more than one T3 piece.
    It's not the will or want, it's having a group/raid stay together when challenged by anything but a broken fingernail.
    Oh, I'd love to raid and fit it in when I can, but I can't join a raid guild due to 2 main reasons:
    1. I'm a tank.
    2. Fixed raid times.
    So that leaves raiding when friends call or bored and seeing a public run. Zero to do with abilities, want, or whatever copy and paste excuse.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Woop di do. Grinding your brain to a pulp. Exactly what we want.
  7. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=313883106
    i am in possibly the most casual guild on my server my guild with the 80s we have alone probobly couldent clear PR (we do up to levi but i pickup most of it) i myself dont raid anything u dont pickup myself (were their was 1 time i went to ToMC and downed the first 2 named and when a friend let me into vp for my last myth update) I myself probobly am not casual, more of a hardcore grouper, im not saying you even want to becuase honestly i dont know you and if you dont thats ok and its your own playstyle, but if your truly not overestimating your abilitys and are indeed a decent player, you can find away around your lack of gear or lack of time.
    my earing for exsample is from RE2 rare collection, i didnt have the time to do that zone 100 times hopeing to win it, so i cleared the zone and sent out in channel paying 5p for someone to come harvest the blue shinys and got it that way, as you see im in mostly teir 3 once again i worked around it
    I started my own WoE raid got a little picky with healers true, and then asked for A tank in channel that was better geared then me, he tanked i off tanked. i did this a few times until i geared myself up, at first i was a little shy about tanking woe myself, now that i have the gear not so much, its all just a matter of will,
    if you really want to you can gear yourself up, if you dont no ones going to begrudge your playstle as long as your trying your hardest to do the best with what you got. I am one who for instance wont buy loot rights, so i have no teir 4 gear, but i still magange to get into groups when i need to
  8. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Kibani@Nektulos wrote:
    Have to disagree with you there. PoF is the playground of mythical/full fabled. The jewelry there for mages is top-notch. I rarely see PuG for PoF.
  9. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    I provided an alternative for someone who absolutely refuses to group to nontheless get powerful group/heroic gear. When EQ2 launched, the only way to get group gear was to group. The only way to get fabled gear was to raid. It has never been easier to gear up in EQ2 beyond the self-imposed limitations of someone's choice of playstyle.
  10. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    Where did THIS come from? None of this has anything to do with what you posted and I replied to.
    EDIT: That was the post I responded to and I disagreed. The game is new player friendly (although it does have a daunting level cap about to be made moreso as you posted elsewhere and I agreed with) and someone in MC/Adepts shouldn't start by tanking EA. That's all I'm saying. Not "join a raid guild!" or "you suck" or anything remotely resembling any of that. Is it possible you meant to reply to someone else?
  11. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

.feldon30 wrote:
    Not disagreeing with yyou Feldon..but dear god the daily shard quest is simply the worst quest ive seen in any game ever its mindnumbingly boring
  12. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

dawy wrote:
    It IS pretty much the suck, especially when you can get 15x the AA from doing grey shards, which are often faster. Not doing them now that Chronomagic exists is another self-imposed restriction.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lleren Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I have tanked the easiest of those 15 on a newly level 80 Berserker in full Mastercrafted... for a mix of friends new alts ( some not even 80 yet ) and PuG's while I was picking up my t1 set... I finished my fabled epic after my t1 set on that character.
  14. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

as a tester of tso and then the live experience i think the questing needs a lot of work
    in new expansion so we arent done with the quests in a few days then stuck doing very few daily type quests.
    i want to be able to log in and feel like theres something i can do to make some extra coin or something or to just keep me busy/interested when its not raid time.
  15. ARCHIVED-RDMgryphon Guest

As a member of a casual raid alliance I'm clearly not qualified to post in this thread, but I'm going to anyway. Yes, the scripts are hard. Yes, it's annoying to have to pay attention to them, no, you don't actually have to finish most of the zones to get two void shards out of them. Those fist few dozen shards to get your T1 are the hardest, especially for a tank, all the mobs are yellow, hit like trucks, and want the entire group to take dirtnaps. I have, in fact, had a PuG in DF where the brand new level 80 pally in mastercrafted and tradeable legendary gear couldn't take the hits from the firelord. But that shiney chest next to the firelord? That gave him enough shards to get his very first piece of T1. Yes, there is progression, and yes, if your entire group is under geared it's going to be hard, it may even be impossible, but you've got to start somewhere. On the other side of the coin, now that most of us are in mostly T3 we've taken level 78 chars in there for the AA and I'm told the XP's pretty good too.
  16. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Tisera@Unrest wrote:
    This is also not EQ2 T1-T7. Do you remember playing that game? There was nothing wrong with it and there isn't anything wrong with expecting T8&9 to be similar imho.
    Either way, I'm looking forward to the expansion.
  17. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    People that don't raid are told all the time that we don't NEED fabled gear. IF you alt doesn't raid why does it need it?
    I don't see the difference.
  18. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    I've maxed heroic progression on my alts, there is nothing left to do with them but move on to raid gear. In fact, I've maxed out woe gear on roughly a dozen of them.
    I also like to one group raid zones with my alts, so yeah, having some raid gear to do that is useful. However, no, none of my alts need one piece of raid gear to beat every ounce of heroic content in the game. Thing is I've already done that and am interested in continueing progressing them.
    I suppose I could just delete them and re-do all the content I've already done instead, but that hardly sounds rewarding. Some people might be satisfied logging an alt that is in mediocre gear and performing average on them, however I much prefer to build my toons out to the best of thier abilities using the resources the game provides me.
    As an example, this weekend we put together an alt group and did OS and a few other zones. It was a blast bringing in alts that could parse 60k damage on those mobs. Do we need to do 60k damage to kill those mobs? Certainly not, however leaving toons stagnant at the top of the heroic progression path with nothing to do to get better with them is rather borring.
  19. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    This is why you will never be able to understand what I am talking about. I'm not rehashing that argument, it is what it is.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    That was in the past. However non-raiders begged and begged until SOE relented and now you guys get fabled gear like candy, so of course we're going to sell it to you. We'd be stupid not to. That is what players want, we have it, they'll pay for it.... profit?
    Besides raid gear is barely better than shard gear and heroic drops anyway, at this point in the game its not balance affecting anyway as non-raiders who actually try to progress are within 5 to 10% of a raiders power whether they're buying gear or not.
    Most player's problem isn't the gear its that they have no understanding of how the game or their character works and they just blindly rush around mashing buttons expecting to win because that is how the game worked until late T7.