Will SF be like TSO?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Clownshoes Guest

Prediction:
    In the next expansion fabled gear will rain from the sky, shard loot will be equal to raid drops, every couple of months there might be even 'gear resets' with the introduction of new raid zones, where all available fabled loot before that step of progression will be readily yours just for a few shards from heroic zones.
    Myths will be insignificant, most of their class abilities will be folded into new aa or just become class spells, the first shard charm item will be better than the myth charm which will function now solely for appearance purposes.
    Buffs will be raid wide, and almost ALL classes in similar roles will be interchangeable, with the exception of bruisers who will stay the non raiding class for masochists, everyone else will be in the same boat, with few overpowered FOTM classes taking lead.
    Raiders will cry their hearts out because they will lose their 'feeling special' factor, yet most of them will remain subbed, the game might even poach new players from other games with the new direction.
    Sounds familiar? Yep eq2 is now world of warcraft, and there is nothing you can do about it, the big money is in making the ''casual crowd' feel special and that's what's going to happen.
    Feel free to bump this post when the crying commences.
    Peace
  2. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Personally, I question your ability to make a statement that something is (or is not) barely better than something else. In my opinion, your comparisons are drastically wrong most of the time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

urgthock wrote:
    You haven't proven to me that you've played this game enough or understand it enough to reply to my posts anyway.
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Sorry but I just do not agree with that statement. Riad gear has "Far better" procs, etc. not barely better. It's more than 10% better than shard gear which is about the difference between Expert and Master spells. Can be FAR FAR higher on things like mitigation. Often the gear procs are more than 20% higher than shard etc.
    So that when you app to a guild with myth/170AA and full T3 they say "wow, you are way behind on gear. Well we can start by getting you VP gear, I guess."
  5. ARCHIVED-SK_Lafreeze Guest

Clownshoes wrote:
    What if they did something like City of Heroes where they basically let you set the game to casual mode or hard mode so the casual players could still feel special while more serious players could still take on the real challenges without stepping on each other toes? It is probably too late for a feature like that in EQ2 since it doesn't use any instances where content like that could be easily scaled/adjusted but maybe that is something we could see in EQ3/Next.

I've heard a couple of games in development right now are thinking of using a similar option to have content adjustable if you are in "solo mode" so they don't have to develop as much seperate content for solo missions vs group content.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    First off they ruined all procs. About the only good ones on raid gear now are immunity procs tbh. All the damage ones do far less damage than any CA or spell you have.
    As for your last statement no raid guild in this game would make a player go from T3 to VP because VP doesn't have crit mit. T2 >>>>>>>>>> VP and T3 > T2.
    I mean seriously quit being so overdramatic and uh, wrong.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I guess that really depends on how you define 'far better'. You listed 10% as a value, but 16% is about the difference between expert and master spells. If that's about the same difference between most raid drops and shard armor, I think that's more a qualitative judgement on whether the margin is large or thin. Personally, I think that's fine.
    On the other hand, there are a number of drops from WoE or heroic zones which are either equal to or better than any number of raid drops in the same slots, though those tend to be aberrations. Like the priest necklace from WoE is better than anything but Miragul and Munzok necks, for example. Najena's Ring of Readiness and Band of Kurn's Magi are obviously best in slot for sorcerors. Obsession Wristlet is about as good a wrist as an enchanter can get. There's plenty of examples like that, and even if they're not ultimately the best, they're usually second or third and above most raid drops. As a practical example, I can't think of anything I'd bother getting from VP for a character in full t3, provided they have comparable jewelry from WoE or from the shard merchant. It'd be a complete waste of time.
    I'm even not really against having rare but incredibly good heroic drops, really. There's some mistakes - like Najena's Ring of Readiness, but most of it is fine.
  8. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Gaige wrote:
    2 set illy vp set bonus adding 2 procs to prism chaos is a 66% increase.
    And T3 > T2 > VP is ONLY in the realm of Crit mit which is far from the only reason to have certain pieces.
  9. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

That's not a proc. That's a trigger. Completely different.
    I can't think of any Shard armor that doesn't blow VP out of the water, but honestly, if you can complete WOE, those same two groups can go clear VP too.
    The 2 set VP bonuses for Illusionists and Bard perhaps, but again, you wouldn't wear the entire VP set for that. Just whatever 2 pieces you could get for the bonus.
  10. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Can you link me the $OE dictionary so I can get a comprehensive list of terms? I missed that dev post.
  11. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Your error is in thinking I have to prove anything to you.
    I don't care what you think.
    I don't expect you to care what I think.
    I think your wrong.
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Wow, you just quoted the ONLY example in the game of where VP gear is better than T3. Illys. And that's because devs wanted to hold back Illy DPS, so they made TSO gear a step down from VP gear. Let's look at the other 23 classes please? Nobody will expect or demand you to wear VP gear. And the main benefit of the 2-piece bonus of Illy VP gear was that it stacked with the 4-piece bonus of Illy TSO gear. Since that no longer exists, most Illys are wearing 6 piece TSO.
    You haven't cleared ANY of this content. You aren't wearing any of this gear. Why do you come off as an expert?
  13. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Never said I was or pretended to be an expert. Just pointing out various "Oh this is better than that 'always'" and it isn't always.
    I am trying to prove the point that information is so conflicting as to be nearly impossible to decipher without it being a second job. If someone is wondering why TSO is an EPIC fail, and why that other game has exponentially more subs. Poorly written spell descriptions, constantly changing terms and items, and heroic content that is scripted like mini raids.
    This thread is so derailed at this point the original point is fairly gone.
  14. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    There is no post, which I'm sure you already know. This is one of those things you learn from, you know, playing the game.
    Just to clear it up for you though, here's an explanation pretty much anyone can understand.
    A "proc" is something that has a chance to happen. Greater Void Bane is a proc. It has a chance to happen if certain conditions are met.
    A "trigger" is something that will happen. Thus, a Cleric's Reactive spells are triggers. An Illusionists Prismatic line is a trigger. Coercers have some triggered spells. These things always happen if their condition is met.
  15. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Banditman wrote:
    And I would say that something on gear besides 'stats' +int etc that does something whether a % chance or 100% chance is a 'proc'. Geez do you really need to argue with someone that badly?
  16. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Its not a proc its a effect...there is a difference but you seem to want to argue lol.
    Focus effects are not procs.
    Anything that increases a modifier such as a +base damage that is constant is also not a proc.
  17. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Cold Metal, All you have proven is that you don't want to learn how to read stats on gear, you don't want to group, and you don't want to raid, you clearly don't want to try to play this game at all, but just post about how much you hate it as if you are an expert.
  18. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Not true. I want (and do) all those things. Since none of you are 'devs' your own little particular 'code words' for things (and you don't agree among each other what things are to be called) are immaterial.
    Again, if you want to point me to an $OE glossary of terms, I would be happy to use it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Antipaladin Guest

Ruins of Kunark came and went, and it was easymode. People gave the impression they wanted harder content in The Shadow Odyssey, and it was harder with clear progression. I see a majority satisfied with difficulty of zones, and I see a small, yet very vocal minority on these forums still shouting bloody murder a year into the expansion.
  20. ARCHIVED-Clownshoes Guest

Antipaladin wrote:
    So you got surveys? Do you mind sharing your data sources with us?