Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

I came back to eq2 after a long break.
    After coming back, I have done this named three times.
    The strategy I can share is that 1 healer > 2 healers in this encounter.
    I have done it with full raid geared players with 24k group dps. I have also done it with a pick up group with 12k dps, pu dpsers and pu healer.
    12k group dps is not hard even for casual players with instance gear and fabled epic if there is only 1 healer in the group.
    Now, you may wonder how a single healer can keep the whole group up. In fact, this named is sissey. His melee dps is a joke. Most of his dps is non-melee damage. The hint is that some of his aoes are directional. Some of his aoes are short range. In other word, if you play smart, your group can dodge most of his aoes except the main tank.
  2. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

Did the zone again on Sunday with a group of guild alts (Paladin (Myth), Inquisitor, Warden, Wizard (Myth), Dirge (Myth), Brigand.) The difference in healing the encounter was like night and day from last week (I was the Inq.) Killed it first pull, whereas last time we didn't kill him (Same tank, but different group otherwise with lower DPS.) Total damage output for the mobs was about 3250 dps, where last time it was in the 4500-5000 range. Killed it in just over 2 minutes.
    Definitely doable, and not a gear thing. Aside from the Mythicals, all were geared in almost entirely instance stuff. Heck, aside from the RE2 collection earring, my Inquisitor's jewelry is pretty much garbage.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Triste has nothing better to do than troll. That's what he does in any thread not specifically related to something hes interested in.
  4. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

did the zone again. started with a guard, wizzy, assin, illy,swashy and inq was fin untill last named wizzy droped for a defiler and we owned the named second pull. Again though deffinetly not as easy as re can do re with one healer slamhammer is the only really tough fight in re but this boss in veksar i need two two healers. So unless we are missing something in vek its just a tad harder than re but its doable....I didnt get a chance to look at it but does the debuff just debuff piercing and not all mit?If not cured onslaught hits hard even with temp buffs up.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Katryna@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Sorry but mythicals are a enourmous upgrade, especially for a tank.
    If you have a mythical you are raid geared.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Couching@Crushbone wrote:
    I looked up on EQ2 players, you have your myth 14k unbuffed hps and VP gear. I dont see how you can call that casual + instance gear.
    Maybe the rest of your group was, but the tanks gear makes an enourmous difference if how well a group can do and your gear is pretty much some of the best raid gear in the game.
    I am not disputing your numbers, but I dont think you can call your group casual or instanced gear when you are in it lol.
    I will try this zone again, but he owns my bruiser and I have pretty much the best one group gear in the game except the RE2 fighter cloak.
  7. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    A mythical weapon doesn't make a noob any better.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

GangleG wrote:
    Totally irrelevant, the claim was that they were instanced geared except for the single largest upgrade there is for any class in the game that can only be attained by attending at least 3-4 raids.
    Myth = many raids = not instanced geared.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

GangleG wrote:
    Posting smart*ss comments doesn't make you any smarter.
  10. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    The biggest problem with the encounter was tank survivability. Between the tank and two healers, only the Paladin had his Mythical. While it does have a nice defensive effect on it, we would have been able to keep him up without it. And I'd hope the average instance healer is at least as good as I am on my Inquisitor, my 4th level 80 toon.
    And yes, logging in an alt for 3 raid encounters to get Mythical updates does not make it raid geared. That is, unless you consider items like Sebilisian Choker, Droag Talon Plugs, Sarnshak Earring of Jade, Gnasher Toothed Torque, Radiant Luclin Ore Guantlets, etc., to be raid gear. One item, however nice, isn't going to make or break an encounter. It is the cumulative effect of multiple raid gear upgrades that make the difference between an instance and raid geared player (ignoring player skill, of course.)
  11. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    random guy : "zomg i bought my mythical for 100 plat but noone know it, i m ubber now..." no you are still a scrub and will get out played by myself playing any class in mastercraft/adp3. myth =/= many raid myth can also = bought/silverplate
    stop complaining manup learn to play and kill the mob. there is excuse that at lvl 80 you still can play your toon at at least 50% of his ability wich is more than enought to kill this named.
    fabled items from maiden RE2 vault CoA + epic, mastercraft of danak as well as legendary from various zone is more then enought. hell T1 and SoH trash are 1 or 2 groupable and some of it is far superior to VP loot.
    This generation of players who cant play well and concider they deserve everything is really getting old...
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Too bad you can't write as good as you claim you can play. I would reply to what you said if it made any sense...
  13. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Katryna@Lucan DLere wrote:
    The problem with you analysis is that i was not just the tank but the wizard and dirge also had their mythicals (and who knows what else raid gear), so 3 out of the six had their mythicals.
    I run alot of pickup instance groups on my server and I generally never even have one myth in the group.
    Also the mythical is a complete teir above all other raid gear.
    Put it this way I would rather have my mythical then the complete tier 1 7 piece armor set. For most classes the mythical is just that good.
    So yes 3 of you group were in raid gear, mythicals are that powerful imo.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Um no, you "strat" was kill a mob with 920,000 hps in 50 seconds.
    That is 18,500 dps group wide, with two healers that is 4625 dps on average from the tank, support (lol at a bard doing 4625 in an instance with instance loot) and dps class.
    I actullly do not think you have even killed this mob and are just trolling.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Well I certainly wouldn't put it past him of all people. Although I'm guessing he and his raid buddies went an rofl stomped this just so they could go around bragging and telling everyone its easy and if you have any trouble then you're a newb.
    Mythicalls make a VERY big difference don't even try to say otherwise.
  16. ARCHIVED-Konahito Guest

Hi folks! Can we please keep the snark down to a quiet murmur and not attack each other personally when debating? Otherwise the zombies will hear the noise and start heading this way.
    Thanks!
  17. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Alot of raid guilds wont even take you as an app unless you have your myth.
    Its that big of a difference.
  18. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
  19. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Someone who raids occasionally is still a raider. And a mythical + a couple of raid items is still raid geared.

What part of group instance difficulty cannot be accuratly measured with anyone equipped in any raid gear whatsoever don't you people understand? Since veksar is meant to be below RE2 difficulty wise that means it should be clearable with: adept IIIs only, gear from solo/group quests and group instances (excluding anything from re2).
  20. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Hardcore raid guilds want apps with significant raid experience. Having your Mythical indicates you have that experience. If a guild is good enough to expect you to have one, the part about actually having your mythical isn't the issue because they can get you one easily enough.
    Most casual raid guilds have no such requirement.