Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

What the helll has happened to him? Our tank got hit for 87k!

Traumas are put on him quicker than we can get off, the mob seems to be immune to stuns/stifles/mezzes as do the adds!!

Its SO DAMM frustrating, I normally run this group with a bunch of friends, we have a great time doing the zone, but this last update just blew us away.

Before anyone says anything about cure trauma ftw etc, we did, they were put on almost instantly. Any word of why/how or what the hell is going on here?
  2. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

might be a bug but it s better they made him immune to stun/stiffle cause this mob was just a sandbag that could drop the best item for 1 slot for : scouts, crusaders, bards, mages (unless you have Cmayong orb) and arguably healers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Sweet.. I need his earring still.. gonna be interesting trying again tonight then.. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Any update on this mob?

I can understand the actual named being immune to stuns/stifles etc but what I dont understand is that the adds he spawns are also immune to roots/mezzes.

To me this changes things enrtirely and instead of having options for the last guy based on your group, your only option now is to load up with highend dps and burn him down, which imo is pathetic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Luag Guest

LF raid MT group for (currently)last name in vek PST
  6. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

heoric named requireing raid gear for the win... Who balances this stuff anyway ? This leaves what now, only one type of group build to beat the zone ...
  7. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

So any dev want to reply here and give a explanation. Like I said previously I perfectly understand why they stopped the named being stifled etc as that broke the mobs script. What I dont get is why the adds themselves cannot be mezzed, rooted etc
  8. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

ok i went in there, mob was still a sandbag what are people complaining.

Group was defiler dirgue swash zerker(me) necro conj... a very mediocre group setup the kind you run into in pugs everyday with only fabled epic at best, the dirgue didnt need to run the parry song...

mob is still easy so i just cant understand why peope are complaining... ho wait maybe now the named is maybe doing 1k dps instead of doing 30 when he was chain stunned...

Man up, nothing broken here, just L2P.
  9. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Dmeng Bah'Dash: (03:40) 1208410 | 5492.77 [Yama-Execute-22874]
    Yama 2512 dps 71 h
    Sini 1322 dps 74015 h
    Ssue 803 dps 17545 h
    Belo 726 dps 447 h
    Voet 107 dps 245943 h
    Dish 23 dps 554208 h

H is heals.
    DPS sucks because the named kept killing our brig/dirge. the name did 3754 DPS, the adds did 1089 dps. We cured as much as we could (the trauma debuff). This mob/encounter just hits too hard now for being completely immune to crown control.

next pull (success):

Dmeng Bah'Dash: (01:57) 1042174 | 8907.47 [Yama-Execute-38321]
    Yama 3816 dps 273 h
    Sini 1869 dps 21405 h
    Ssue 1673 dps 4272 h
    Belo 1324 dps 323 h
    Dish 141 dps 207086 h
    Voet 84 dps 130409 h

mob had 3597 dps, adds 311. our SK timed is divine aura better, but all in all this guy's just hitting like a truck now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Idako Guest

Yep immune to control effects and so are adds. Took about 10 trys to get him down.

We started with Guard/Fury/Dirge(me)/Ranger/Illy/Wizzy (seen the fury solo heal him several times), and eventually had to call in some alt action. All well geared toons. We all know the great hidden secrets of EQ2 known to a select few simply as "Cures" and "Debuffs" so that was not the issue. Fury's solo healing HPS was around 2k each pull. We also put everyone in the red lines to see if the rumor about him not AEing in there would work but we got destroyed. Tried max range dead... moved to corner...dead

Tank was about 1/2 fabled, sat at 53% mit unbuffed, adorned as well. Healer was A3/Master, gear 3/4 fable. No mythicals, and no problems in zone until this mob. IMO both were very good as well so it wasn't a skill issue. Up to named last name group DPS was sitting 10k zonewide.

So after watching the tank get flamed nicely in 70-79 for asking if anyone else had noticed we moved to a defensive setup...

In the end we had to go Guard/Fury/Templar/Dirge/Defiler/Ranger to take him out. It took about 4k total HPS to keep the group alive, and since we killed our DPS it took us about 3 minutes to get him down.

I understand not making the mob a cakewalk with no stuns ect. but IMO it was just too much, not fun at all; completely unbalanced. Maybe it was a random bug, but its looking less and less like it. Reported on completion as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Hehe.. there is a trick to this mob Im pretty sure of it..

I went in with 2 different group setups last night...
    First was with Mystic, Me(pala), Brig, Swash, Troub and Wiz...
    We did about 9 attemts and failed on all.. The healer just couldnt cure me quick enough. I used like 20 trauma pots too.
    Second group
    Me, Brig, Wiz, Troub, Templar, Fury
    Same result.. I constantly had 2 trauma's on me at all times, even tho the templar spammed his cure spell, and I used my trauma pots every time they were ready.
    The fight goes well untill the adds come. They are the ones that puts on the trauma dot I guess.
    We tried different placings too..
    First we tried the regular strat with melee on the tablet(where he stands) and non melee from range. FAIL
    Second we tried all on tablet(where he stands) cause someone said we had to be there. FAIL
    Third, we tried pulling him off his tablet.. FAIL
    We tried different strats too.. We tried to just burn named with ignoring the adds. We tried to burn all adds but 1 to avoid more spawns(still spawned) and we tried to burn all adds, and they respawned just as the first round was down. Also tried different rooting strats.. but of course they didnt work.. hehe
    Now.. Im no novice to this zone.. I could do this encounter without mezzer or stiffler before.. And I know most of the ppl I grouped with and they are exceptional players. Yet I get alot of ppl saying this encounter is still gimped after some people making it on first attempt with a PUG.
    This leads me to believe there is something Im missing here. Its either placement, strat, or class buff thingy. L2P just doesnt cut it. So I call lucky shot on those getting this encounter with a PUG. You did the right thing, but u dont know what the right thing was..
  12. ARCHIVED-Idako Guest

Hmmmm checked back through my log and nothing leads me to believe we were getting punished for breaking a script... I'll keep lookin though.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Ok... question.. what triggers the adds? and what triggers his aoe? Is it timed, is it hp related? is it placement related?
    First named (all though I havent tested this thoroughly) apperantly doesnt do his wicked aoe if your not placed in the water in his room. I do know that he is very very easy when we're not in water tho.
    So.. is there something similar with this mob? There are alot of variables here that can make this encounter either easy, or dead hard. With a correct group Im sure u can conquer the hard mode too.. provided u have enough dps to blast through.. But it doesnt make sense that its how your supposed to take the encounter.
    It took u 10 times to get him down Idako.. do u know if u got lucky, or if u did something right? Maybe it'll take another 10 times to get him down next time too..
    You cant judge an encounter to be easy trying it once like Triste-Lune here claims.. It could simply be tied to pure luck.
  14. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

i dont see where luck has anything to play, the mob was easy and is still easy his scipt didnt change at all except he is just not stunnable anymore. if you had figure the encounter before the change,then the mob remains easy as hell.
  15. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    you're a real help, thanks for posting here.
  16. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

i m helping a lot more than you think by saying the script didnt really change, it s still the same encounter but mob is now allow to melee instead of being permastunned.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    It was based on GU been online 1 day for EU and 2 days for US.. that means u had max 2 attempts at him. Many people just 1. Killing him once could hence be lucky with the variables.

And no.. there is more to the change, cause I was never hit like that by the adds before the change.. even without mezzer/stifflers...
  18. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Buttcliffe wrote:
    Ok.. now this is interesting information... The dps from the named him self never was an issue.. its the trauma dots and the adds that caused problems. I tried saving DA for when the adds came in, but that didnt help since there was just a new add wave coming in just after the first one..
    Did u kill off the first wave? Did u get more than 1 wave? Do the adds put on 1 trauma dot each? Do the boss also use trauma dots? cause at one time I had 5 dots on me at the same time. And let me tell you.. 5 trauma dots on you take u down quickly.
  19. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

- adds are the ones to give the debuff to piercing mit - debuff stacks wich is what is killing you. - adds have very low hp and live maybe 3~5sec top - adds are summoned by the named solution : dont let the name summon the adds and you are just dealing with a sandbag. if you still cant figure out how to prevent adds from being summoned kill em fast and resuming punching the named voila
  20. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    See... now your helping... I will try again with another healer for curing(all though constant spawn of adds is very troublesome).. would be nice if u let us in on your secret on whats triggering the summon tho.. :p