Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Phlix Guest

According to EQ2Flames his adds are now mezzable, but they are immune to AE mezz. The next time I do him with my coercer I am going to AE fear both of them (to buy time) and then single target mezz the adds. The adds hit really hard and that's why you guys had to heal 450K during the fight (adds hit my coercer for 4K - ouch).
  2. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

The adds are completely immune to ALL AOEs (damage/mezz/debuffs/whatever), both blue and green, making Conjurors and Warlocks pretty useless in the fight. So if you're not high end gear and skill wise you basically need one of 3 things - 1T DPS that can burn the adds down quickly, while being able to take the hits (ie. Predators and Rogues), Enchanters that can single target mezz the adds quickly, or enough healing that you can outlast the named before you run out of power.
    Groups heavy in mage DPS will probably struggle more that groups heavy in scout DPS.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Katryna@Lucan DLere wrote:
    The encounter was changed to keep warlocks from being the easy button for the encounter? Why don't they just double this guys HP and label him epicx2 so normal people know they shouldn't even bother?
    For that matter, why don't they just remove the entire zone now if they hate it so much? Thanks for a whole lot of hard feelings!
  4. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

This is a heroic zone and shouldn't require raid gear or discipline. I can do this with a select group of people I know whop are really good but any PuG doesn't have a chance.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

I got a feeling this guy was made for 200AA difficulty level of the next expansion.
    Which is silly cause we are still in the old expansion.
    Now if you are in VP gear, its no problem.
    But heroic zones should not require VP gear to complete.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Heroic zones should be able to be done with gear obtained from instances alone. No raid gear whatsoever, it's the raiders who ruined veksar.. at this point I don't think anyone with their mythical should even be allowed into heroic zones anymore since they just ruin them.
  7. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    LMAO!
    And I dont think anyone with a fabled epic should even be allowed to attack a solo mob, cause thats an item that required a group to aquire, and you have the GALL to use it against a solo con mob!
    Oh oh!
    Lets not forget about any loot that drops from an instance altogether even! Cause thats just not fair at all to soloers, here you are with loot you gained from a group, killing solo mobs! OMG HACKS! CHEATS!
    Raid gear/mythicals arent required in the least bit to clear those zones.
    Only -gasp- competent players are required.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Geothe wrote:
    Nice waste of space post there. The only reason I said that is because people with raid gear and mythicalls are going into group zones then complaining they are too easy so SoE then makes the zone harder and regular players have a very hard time completeing it. If people where using instance gear to fight solo mobs and complaing they were too easy so SoE then makes solo mobs so hard that a person in MC gear couldnt beat it that would be rediculous.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Geothe wrote:
    Well not really, my bruiser pretty much has the best instance gear in the game,with even a few raid drops.
    I have tanked RE2 with one healer completely through.
    This guy just owns me when I try an tank him.
    My parses of him show that his zonewide DPS is roughly 3 times that of the shaman in RE2.
    I have destroyed RE2 in a group with zero wipes and then taken the exact same group to vekar, and destroyed the zone till the final named only to wipe 10 times in a row and leave him standing.
    People in full groups of VP gear and myths struggle to kill him.
    This is entirely uneccessary from a heroic zone. Its like needing instance gear to do solo quest.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sputt Guest

Phlix wrote:
    No, they're not. They're just a seperate encounter from the boss, so you have to target one of the adds to AE mez them. I was there on my illusionist very recently and had no issues hitting them with my encounter mez; assuming I wasn't targeting the boss. That's probably what warlocks experience, too.
  11. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Before the change I'v always noticed that if you target the named with the adds up they dont show in the same encounter but if you target an add it shows to be linked with the namer. I still think there is a mechanic to the skript that makes the fight easier like the add thats on the side iv heard rumors that he takes damage if you leave him up.. In the past iv always just killed it..since the time i went in this zone after the update noone wants to go in the zone again so I cant really test anything out.Ill be damed if i take a pu group, on my server they never work out in the harder zones.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Killed him last night with a Raid-equipped Conj, Templar, Illusionist, Bruiser, Swashbuckler, and a Legendary-equipped but mythical'd Berserker.

Adds are definitely mezzable as is the named, but the adds will still pop even if the named is mezzed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    A group zone shouldn't require such a stacked group though. It's way too hard for what it is. It either needs to me made easier or labeled as epicx2.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leucippus Guest

The follow is a description of a couple of the effects the final named in Veksar, or the adds, use.

I got them by mousing over the icon in the detrimental effects window, then taking a screen shot. I do not have all of them, just the ones I could get with my defiler alone in the zone.

Concussive Blast
    Effects:
    - Inflicts 4266-5213 crushing damage on targes in Area
    of Effect
    - Stuns targes in Area of Effect

Kneel Before Me
    Effects:
    - Inflicts 12546 disease damage on targes in Area of
    Effect
    - Decreases STR of targes in Area of Effect by 100
    - Decreases Recovery Speed of targets in Area of Effect
    by 100%
    - Applies Onslaught on termination
    - inflictes 1514 - 1851 piercing damage on targest in
    Area of Effect

Shadow Assault
    A stealthed attack that strikes all nearby enemies
    surrounding the assassin. It inflicts additional piercing
    damage over time on anyone that it hits. The assassin must
    be stealthed to use this ability.
    Effects:
    - Inflicts 0 melee damage on targes in area
    - Inflicts 617 piercing damage on targes in Area of Effect
    every 2 seconds.

Poisoned Weapon (effect on "a Kwagan grunt", an add)
    - On successful attack this spell has a 20% chance to
    cast Poiison on target of attack.
    - Inflicts 430 poison damage on target

Note: my defiler could not screen capture the trauma DoT that is placed on the tank. I believe that dot reduces the tank's mitigation by quite a bit.

The following are some effects from earlier in the zone:

Aqueous Gobe (not in this encounter, but previous encounters in the zone)
    Effeccts:
    - Inflicts 20.0% of max health in cold damage on target
    instantly and eveyr 2 seconds
    - requires not being affected by Water Breathing
    effects.
    - Causes the target to drown!

Snare
    Slows target's movement speed for a short time. This effect
    has a chance to break each time the target is attacked.
    Effects:
    - Slows target by 46%
    - 5% chance to dispel when target receives hostile action
    - 5% chance to dispel when target takes damage

Seething Hydration
    Effects:
    - Inflicts 2241-2738 cold damage on target encounter
    - Inflicts 620-802 cold damage on target encounter every
    4 seconds

Based on the "Aqueous Gobe" effect above, everyone in the group must have water breathing on when in the zone. However, in the group I was in last night on my wizard, that did manage to kill the final named mob, water breathing must be off, yes off, even the charm slot item, for the last named mob in the zone! Why you ask? The healer stated having water breathing on spawns the adds! Now, how one can confirm or deny that statement is a good question. We did get adds, the healer turned off group water breathing. I have no way of knowing if everyone had water breathing off for that final named mob fight. The single healer in the group was known for being an extraordinary healer.
    The group's zone wide dps was: 9746
    group makeup: Warden, dirge, dirge, coercer, wizard, shadowkinght
    The zone took about one hour to clear

Based on the "Kneel Before Me" effect above, everyone must scatter when that effect is on, similar to the first mob in Maiden's, the big tadpole.

Maybe the above might help with a figuring out a repeatable strategy for this mob.

As it is now, this encounter is a fine example of an encounter that is making it harder and harder to find pickup-up-groups.

-Leucippus
  15. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Leucippus wrote:
    Yes it reduces the tanks mit by roughly 1-2k and it stacks!. Meaning you can have 3 of them on you at a time effectively reducing your mit to almost nothing.
    The grunts cause the mit debuff, it seems each one places it on the tank.
    This mobs AOE are harder to deal with the then some of the aoe's in tier 1 raid zones.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Sylvana wrote:
    For this to be a difficult fight for people in basically the best gear in game for a heroic encounter is a bit rediculous imo.
    This update has basically ruined the zone for most peeps on my server. After a few runs most have all the leg drops off the other bosses and just go for the fabled (kinda like RE2), now peeps dont even bother.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Yep, I refuse to even try again untill they change it.
  18. ARCHIVED-jvrebi Guest

It seems like more than the last Gobbie was changed. Ole "Sparkie" . . . the very first named was beefed up I believe. I have killed him 5 times before the hotfix . . . a tough fight . . . but we got him every time.
    Not a chance last night. Closest we got him too was 25%. Looks like you need insane dps or a top-of-the-line Illy or Coercer to even have a shot at him. If you can't get past ole "Sparkie", you are going much farther in Veksar.
  19. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Erondis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    you might have gotten the mean version :) every once in awhile this guy's dps output's just so much crazier than all other attempts on him
  20. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Erondis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I noticed no change on any of the other mobs in the zone. I've heard his AE hits harder if your in the water but if healers/mages range its a preaty easy fight.