Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-McMad Guest

I like that strat there. That might be a way to beat him with no mez, we'll have to try it out for giggles.
    The event is certainly doable now. I'd almost put it on par with RE2, although I do agree that it is slightly harder.
    What we do:

Pacify named so tank can get into position.
    Tank engages Badash, and immediately turns him away from group since he is directly behind him at this point.
    We all DPS named until adds spawn. When adds spawn, I lock them down via single target mezzes while healers spam cures on tank.
    Adds are locked, everyone DPS's. When he respawns adds, we repeat above. Usually after second set of adds named is dead.
    That's what we do anyway.
    Group: SK, Assassin, Coercer, Templar, Fury, Warlock. No myths.
  2. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Jdark@Everfrost wrote:
    further proof that mythical doesnt make a player any better then a non mythicaled one... swash and guardian had auto attack turned off right?
  3. ARCHIVED-Loxosceles Reclusa Guest

Guild group ran this again last night after destroying RE2. Group (Pally, Troub, Illy, Inq, Mystic, Swashy) in all raid gear with the troub equipped with mythical. I was sitting at 6002 mit, 68.9% avoid, and 16.9K hps. Before you even think about bashing the healers which i've been playing with for going on 9 years, they have kept me up OTing in VP so I know they know how to sling some heals. We tried pretty much all the standard group tatics except the root.
    Didn't try the root and scoot strat, because we were pretty much burnt out on the stupidity of this mob and it was getting late.
    Also you may want to check a bug with the adds, despawning as soon as mezzed then immediatly respawning. Reminded me of whack-a-mole, I thought I was seeing things.
    This mob was a lot of fun when we were in mostly Legendary (which we had a difficult time with but we were able to beat him) I find it funny now that we're in mostly fabled we are getting our arses handed to us. At what point was this mob re-evaluated for difficulty again?
  4. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Loxus@Everfrost wrote:
    I've seen that happen a few times but not everytime. The question is what causes the adds to pop/repop? Time? Bosses % of health? how much dps the boss is taking? or is it just completly random. I'm with the completyl random.
  5. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Whats ur comment have to do with anything? This post is not about how better players are that have there mythical its about a mob thats harder than a mob its suposed to be easier than. I should have left the mythical part out cause that was just asking for it, I guess. I've done this zone plenty of times with no one that had there mythicals with minimal diffrences. just to add yea my DPS was low as the guardian in the group, I kept agro 100% and I survived thats my job and I got it done.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    What are you trying to say?
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Jdark@Everfrost wrote:
    Its completely random. I've seen him throw the adds on the pull, and I've seen him back-to-back cast the adds. It is certainly possible that you could fight him for 2 minuites and have him NOT cast the adds too. Though to be honest, he seems to cast it quite frequently.
  8. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

what's the deal with the final 2 named? Are they in Veksar: The Invasion, or are they in Veksar: The Sunken Theatre.
  9. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

McMad wrote:
    This strat works.. just be sure to cure the group debuff dmeng casts unless u want a huge chunk of your hp's shaved off.
    Did him with 5 ppl the other day. Me, wiz, illu and 2 healers
    Forgot to amend the wizzy since I was replacement tank and they were in a hurry trying one more time before they were off to raid. So the wizzy died at dmeng 30% ish.. we still managed to get him.. ;) Having a mezzer to this boss is a must unless u have 10k+ group dps and 2 good healers.. ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

I'm still a fan of the root and run method... we had a brig tank it like this the other day.

edit: I think i just buried my previous post:

Are the last 2 named in Veksar: THe Invasion, or are they in Veksar, Sunken Theatre or w/e
  11. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Nobody knows which instance the finaly 2 named are in?
  12. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Veksar - The Sunken Theatre holds the rest of Veksar