Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Drinkman Guest

I hope the rest of the zone will be challenging like Nizara when TSO goes live.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    There is a change incoming ASAP. I will keep you posted.
  3. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Kander wrote:
    Thanks for keeping us posted kander
  4. ARCHIVED-Raidyen Guest

Jdark@Everfrost wrote:
    Well we took him down this weekend even with the way overpowered changes. It was EXTREMELY tough. We are lightly raid geared, (SoH, PR)
    Our group setup.
    Paladin/Mystic/Fury/Coercer/Warlock/Swashbuckler
    Was a 6.5 minute fight. No point in going over the tactics we used since its going to be changed now.
  5. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Kander wrote:
    Is it safe to assume the changes will make him harder?!? That seems to be the way things have been going :p
    I hope so! Did it with a PuG last night of Paladin, Dirge, Troubador, Conjuror, Assassin, Inquisitor (me). I was the only one in the group with a mythical or VP gear. We had 7.85K group DPS, and the fight took just over 2 minutes (we ignored the adds). We killed it on our second pull. The first try the Assassin ripped aggro and died on the pull, and then DPSers were getting aggro on the adds once they poped. On our second try we adjusted to just burn the named and not worry about the adds, and it worked much better.
    Can't wait to see what challenges this newest version will bring!
  6. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    No, I am sorry to report it is not getting harder. This zone was not meant to be a crazy challenge, I'd actually intended for it to be a lot easier then RE2. Unfortunately, some innates got stacked up on a fix over a fix and the Warlord became kind of a beast for those who were already killing him! Don't worry though, I have made sure there is some challenging content in TSO for you.
  7. ARCHIVED-jvrebi Guest

Thanks for the updates Kander.
    You are one busy guy. All those zones to fine tune in The Shadow Odyssey and now you have a gobbie running amok in Veksar. Guess you did something to them there gobbies way back when and they are holding a grudge and keeping you from getting any sleep.
    **goes back to work on his "Sparkie" strats**
  8. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Kander wrote:
    Thanks for checking into that. From what I've seen so far you're doing a great job with the zones.
  9. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Erondis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I belive sparkie is majic damage based, even auto attacks. Check or majic resist if there under 5 k maybe that's ur reson for having trouble on him...
  10. ARCHIVED-jvrebi Guest

Jdark@Everfrost wrote:
    Thanks Jdark for the info. I'll check out my resists.
  11. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Did the zone today after the change got him down after a few pulls deffinetly needed two healers. I would not say this guy is easier than any encounter in RE though, mayb it is just that I do re everyday with almost the same people each time.
  12. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

We finally settled on a 2 healer high single target dps group to beat this guy after failing with the 1 heal 1 mezz approach.
    When the adds pop burn 3 out of 4 and go back to the named and kill him fast. If you kill all 4 adds I believe he just summons more. Seems to work fairly well. Still way too hard for the zone IMO.
    By the way remember to keep your waterbreathing buffs up in this zone, it helps a lot. One of the elemental effects that all the gobbies have has a "drown" effect on it that taps you for about 20% of your life every tick or something. Waterbreathing seems to completely negate that.
    We didn't figure this out til we got the mean version of "Sparky" and wiped and ran back to kill him. I didn't think to throw waterbreathing up and the zone turned into a nightmare til we figured it out.
  13. ARCHIVED-Incurus Guest

Last night none of our enchanters encounter mez's was working on this guy and his adds, they just acted like a single target.
    Was a bit of a surprise change there
  14. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

It's viable now, but you said the goal was for it to be an easier zone than RE2. RE2 is longer but the trash in veksar is harder althogh much more plainly obvious to pull without linking adds. Also the final named in veksar is still harder than the RE2 epicx2.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

To make this easier than re2 I think the adds should not respawn right away after being killed. Maybe have something like add spawn at 90% hp, 50% hp and 20% hp?
  16. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    I'll trust SOE with the 'making easier' part. They've got a near perfect track record of it in the past
  17. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Tried last night with a PuG.. brigand, warlock(mythical), Defiler, Inquisitor, Swashbuckler and Pala(Mytichal).
    Again we failed. There was 2 reasons for failure.. we couldnt go higher than 7.5k dps and we ran out of power due to this. Got him to about 15% every time, but he then spawned another add and since we were out of power, wipe.
    Strat was; Pull to back wall, I targetted adds when spawn(through macro hotkeys), burned down 3, kept 1.
    Worked nicely through 2 of the add waves, but the third got us each time.
    Going in with enchanter tonight tho.. most definatly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Encounter was easy then was made "ok to easy" for the loot it dropped and now they made it easy again. How can you still fail to kill this mob? Freedom of mind the stun on inc, you have 20+ second to kill this mob before he resummons adds if you failed to interrupt his summon the first time. The fight shouldnt take more than 40 or 50 sec if you dont suck, how did you get 3 waves of adds? i kinda like the fact that the adds stay up after a wipe as it punishes people for failing.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    The last time I killed him the mob had 920,000 hps, if you kill him in 50secs as you claim, that would be group DPS of 18,400.
    Figure the two heales only 400dps them selves that means the tank and dps classes have to be all averaging 4500 dps a piece to drop him in 50 seconds.
    No matter how much skill you have casual players in instance gear and fabled epic will never acheive that much group DPS.
    Your "skill" bascially consist of raid gear and just using brute force to burn him down.
    So please unless you have something else to add to this discussion besides comments like "you suck" if you dont have your mythicals and raid gear please stop trolling.
  20. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    quit trolling this thread