Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Vulkan_NTooki wrote:
    Curing the trauma debuff trivializes it, maybe? I haven't killed this latest version with a PuG or anything, but I think it's kinda odd that groups can't kill him with mythicals and VP gear. To me, I would describe his difficulty as "fun" in the sense that it is somewhat challenging but not frustrating. He definitely seemed much easier than the x2 in RE2 to me, as that fight can really get ugly fast if one of any three or four things go wrong.
    But yeah, curing the trauma debuff is good.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    no, this guy does easily twice the DPS the shaman in RE2 does.
    RE2 shaman is a joke compared to this guy.
  3. ARCHIVED-gaurdian Guest

I would like to say thx to sony for not changeing anything on this last name. I went in there on abi last night and he is at 70 % avoidance adn 63 % mit and just got powned like a little _____. I have a sugestion why not make a mob that is immuned to stifle adn stun and mezz a epic mob or something. Sony messed this guy up worse then VS and i thought that was inpossible to do. If there was a awar for the most bonehead update it would have to go to the guy that changed this mob. I mean i dont mind a challange but this is alittle over done. And i say who ever say oh this mob is easy i would like to call shanagians. Anyone can come on the fourms adn say oh this guy is to easy mybe if you learned the mystrious strait then it be easy to you. But oh i not going to share it with you. Well that could be because you could not kill it. Now i did kill him once on my coercer but hey i was the only one that did not have ther myth and vp gear. And the tank was a sk and almost died like 4 times. And he is fully vp geared out with his myth. Well i guess this zone will just become the VS or instance zones lol. Thanks sony for hooking us up with a new zone only a few can finnish if the have the perfect group.
  4. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Hilarious to make single group encouters aimed at casual players
    doable only with raid gear ...

also about interuption ... i laugh in wow
    you could see a mob starting to cast and you could guess what (even before they introduced the silly enemy casting bar)
    in Eq2 there is not difference between a mezzed mob and a casting mob.

Playing with interuption is fun, but for that you need a decent feedback to the players
    which mean casting animations and casting times over 1 second.

Eq2 community and non combat aspect are far better than what they are in Wow but
    combats are much worst, especially the player feedback is almost inexistent.

In Wow i knew what were the negative effects, all effects had a different icon, you could also drag
    player icon out of the raid window (let's say the Second tank or someone important) ...

What is the next fix ? Do you plan to make anything beyond sebilis requiring raiding gear?
  5. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Vulkan_NTooki wrote:
    No idea about Runnyeye, but I can mez them fine on Kithikor. 80 Illy with the dagger that decreases resistability of mezzes from VP whilst running a temp buff and I mezzed them fine.

So feel free to call BS all you want, but your wrong.
  6. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    Post a parse breakdown of every single point of damage he is doing to you and your group, because this guys DPS is less than 1k against my non raid geared tank, and AEs are minimal.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sylvana Guest

I do this guy with a fully raid-geared group, and im talking geared to the extreme, with tangrin and avatar loot, and we find him pretty dam hard, the main thing is to AoE those adds down quickly. The DPS also has to stay high on the named throughout, its a burn fight, not much finesse to it, but i cant stress the main points:

-Healer(s) cure cure cure
    -Once adds pop up , go wild on the AoEs
    - Full on BURN of the named.

We have never wiped on him, but hes still pretty difficult for people who dont have the greatest gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

A glimpse at takeing him full on: Parse
    I have parses of this thing doing 8k DPS Upfront .. With the picture given, Obvisouly at that rate he was dong 4.5K DPS on that encounter..
    Going back on Every pickup group, and or Group I have ever killed him on the past (Lots) and it wasnt restricted to stun locking either.. His DPS range was 1.8k and Below.. Hell at Points it was below 1k on a few of the kill runs on him.
    though have to take into consideration that, even though it was not a focus on stunning the mob, it was still being done by CA's and spells and misc procs. Im still going to use Kick CA regardless if not stunning is the main point.
    I dont have a parse on a run where he did over 1.8k DPS and was killed at this point.
  9. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Yeah, you need to figure out how to not get hit by Onslaught.
    I'm still not going to simply tell you it, but Onslaught should never hit for more than a few hundred.
    Edit: oh, and in that parse, you had 2 people standing in front of the mob, probably a mage as well as a scout, plate or chain healer, tell them not to.
  10. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Actually no, The mob was faceing towards back wall with only tank on that side on those parses. Others where behind mob. Couple other parses did mob in corner just see what extra time was given for the extra mobs to spawn and come in ..
    Never had instance more then one person infront of since testing out the mob on launch.
    .. Pets at certain quadraints get the frontal hit.
  11. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    Front means the forward 180 degrees of the mob. If someone is standing beside the mob, they are probably in front of it. If no one was in front, you would not have had any aoe attacks listed under the special column.
    Its quite obvious someone was n front of the mob for at least 12 seconds.
  12. ARCHIVED-DMIstar Guest

Noaani wrote:
    actually quite obviouse it was a pet for that total damage taken... the tank is able to obsorb more and lower the hit .. where as the sworm pets in this case "XXX's Aquesous serpent" will take max hit, thats why the 14k hit to three of them in not even a second time .. which was instantaneouse.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Noaani wrote:
    I dont know how, but on 10/15/08 I took a grp to veksar
    Dmeng did 600dps zonewide on numerous failed attempts to kill him.
    Took the exact same group to RE2 and the Shaman did 130 dps.
    Dmeng is way harder, I would post the numbers but I dont know how to post them from ACT.
  14. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    There is too large a variation in the damage dealt to each of the targets being hit by aoe attacks for them to both be swarm pets, but reguardless, your main issue is Onslaught.
  15. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Sylvana wrote:
    Umm.. your AoE actually hit the adds? I do not see a single dmg number above their heads while I use my AoE's.. (no, they were not mezzed). And my groups warlock claimed the same. Maybe it was a visual bug?
  16. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

not a visual bug per se. Its not truely a linked encounter, so green AE's don't hit all the adds. This fight is definately beyond stupid, on a min and a half fight, I broke 3.4k hps on my inquis, and we still wiped. thats retardedly OP for a simple heroic encounter in a retardedly easy zone.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

Uh... I only have 1 green aoe, and 7ish blue ones.. :p None of them showed dmg to the adds...
  18. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

This fight is really messed up and way more powerfull than any heroic should be.
  19. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Done this guy 3 out of 3 since last GU with a T1 raid equiped group.

Tank takes named. DPS burns adds when they pop then back to named.
  20. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

This guy is doable, but he's pretty over the top for a pick up group. We killed him in a PU group -- the healers heal parse on , that fight was over 450k healed (lol). Went in with a guild group and wasted him no problem, but we are very welled geared (only 80k~ healed, 20k+ parse).

His adds should be linked to the encounter, imo.