Veksar, final named since last update?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Draco the Grey Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    What I'm saying is that if you swapped out the 3 Mythicals for Group Epics we still would have beat the encounter first pull. And I've played the game enough to judge the difference. If maybe the Wizard has Sorcerous Gloves instead of Fish Embroidered Gloves, well, the difference is really not that significant. My Inquisitor has VP set gloves - no doubt that 7 melee crit was instrumental in keeping the tank alive.
    Basically you're yelling "OMG Mythicals!? Your opinion is invalid!" because my conclusion doesn't support what you want to hear. Is the encounter still difficult for an instance geared group? Yes. But it is much easier than it was last week, and absolutely doable.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Katryna@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Well the faster the mob dies the easier it is on the healer no doubt though.
    What usually kills tanks is spike damage a crit here and a double attack there is usually what brings down tanks.
    The faster the mob dies the fewer chances it has to put that spike damage on the tank. Most tank classes have tools to deal with that spike damage (divine aura, tsuanmi, temp mit bufffs, etc) but they have longish cool downs and most tanks can only use them a 1-2 times per you average instance fight. The longer the fight goes the greater the chances most tanks will eventually do down.
    Irreguardless the paladin myth is rediculously power, just having it is easily a 20% increase in tanking power.
    http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/1771025486
    That is a huge increase in power over what the typical epic fabled instanced geared tank has.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Nope I know of a guild that acutally requires you to buy your myth from them if you do not have it when you apply.
    These guild want you to have your myth as they dont want to backflag you and increase in power it has to your toon is far beyond anything else in the game.
    So much so that SOE created its on special tag, mythical as in a step above the fabled raid gear.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Um, well until you do that all you are doing is speculating.
    The fact is that half your group was raid geared with mythicals and that in no way reflects the power of the average instanced geared AD3 group.
    A mythical is easily a 20-40 inmprovement in a toons power (depending up that class) take that times 3 and its a huge increase in power.
    If mythicals were not that power ful people would not be wililng to pay as much as 300-400 plat (100 per update) to get them.
    Nothing else even comes close.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

There's a thread about Mythicals in the General Gameplay forum.
    Get this thread back on track please, or I'm shutting it down.
    Either way, if it devolves back into the nasty namecalling again, it's going down.
    Thanks!
  6. ARCHIVED-McMad Guest

This fight is still incredibley difficult in my opinion. The last boss is much harder than anything in RE2. I don't know if there's some element of chance in the fight or what?
    I can tell you that 4 nights ago I tried the fight with the following group:
    80 Mythical Berserker
    80 Mythical Fury
    80 Coercer
    80 Assassin
    80 Mystic
    80 Mythical Conjorur
    We got beat about 9 times. Could not beat the guy. Tried many different methods, mzzing the adds, burning the adds, mezzing the named, many different strats. We could not beat him.
    Last night took my regular guild group in there, we are non-hardcore raiders (working on killing overking, clearing through sisters in hate). However, the tank was an alt so no raid gear, and my coercer has no raid gear yet.
    No Mythicals at all in this gorup:
    80 SK
    80 Assassin
    80 Fury
    80 Templar
    80 Warlock
    80 Coercer
    We killed him on first pull by mezzing the adds (went through 3 sets as he will despawn then respawn them). The tank spammed his trauma potions everytime the adds hit, the fury spammed his cures when the adds hit, and I tried to quickly lock them down (which was difficult since they are immune or super resistant to my group mez and I had to use single target). The assassin died to the first AOE (I almost bit the dust myself) but we managed to pull it off.
    I think there's some kind of luck with maybe when the adds are summoned or what abilities he uses each fight or something. The main thing you HAVE to do to win is get the freaking cures in immediately or your tank is going to eat it and you lose. I don't care if you are in VP gear :p
    In my opinion, the simple fix to this encounter is to make it so that the mitigation debuff from the adds doesn't stack. The encounter would still be difficult, but it wouldn't be what it is now.
    Edit: I wanted to add that my 'regular' group that I posted up there....we have died 50 times trying this zone multiple times and multiple nights trying to figure the boss out since the patch (we had beaten him before the patch that made him harder). We just happened to finally beat him last night. There was much hooping and hollering ;) I didn't want it to sound like it was 'easy' for us compared to the myth group, it was not.
  7. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Regardless of gear this fight is harder than any encounter in RE2 for my normal group setup, its not impossible but as a dev said it is suposed to be easier than RE2 which it is not. If the dev that said this didnt not make that comment I dont think there would be a discusion on this zone anymore as its really not that hard but its harder than re, re is fairly easy with the right people that know what is goin on, chanter or not. You can see from my eq2players that im not a myth guard i have all instanced gear with a few easy to get raid items and im missing 6 masters.
  8. ARCHIVED-TuxDave Guest

I'm still looking for some stability in this fight. Sometimes we'd insta-die from the adds and other times we'd cruise through the named with no one ever hitting yellow.
  9. ARCHIVED-couching Guest

Mogzilla wrote:
    When I beated this encounter with guild mates. We have 24k group dps. Guess what? The named dps is 3.8k. It' imossible for most casual healer to keep the group and tank up. Though, it's not because the named was hard. It's because we were lazy and careless.
    On another two kills, with a pu group, what's the dps of named when we were focused? Named dps was only 1.6k. Why? Because we dodged most of his directional aoe and short ranged aoe.
    You should check your log and find out why your healer can't keep you and your group up.
  10. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Anyone run it today? It get fixed?
  11. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

been "fixed" for a few days now.
    EverQuest 2Hotfix October / 23 / 2008
    SPECIAL EVENTS

The Scarecrow King in Antonica is looking to defend his interests, once again!

GAMEPLAY

Resolved issues with targeting.

Warlord Bah’Dash’s damage and abilities have been significantly reduced.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kari Guest

I ran it last night in a guild group and it seemed the same as always. We haven't been there in a few weeks, so perhaps we missed them buffing and then nerfing him. At any rate, we killed him first pull with no mythicals in the group, although we do have few pieces of T1 and T2 raid gear. It was a challenging fight to heal, but nothing that would really stand out as terribily difficult. Our group was guardian, warlock, warlock, illus, defiler warden.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I tanked RE2 and veksar back to back with the same group and although we beat both of the final nameds first try the veksar one was still harder than the RE2 one by a good amount.
  14. ARCHIVED-WyatteSK Guest

Ran RE2 and Veksar back-to-back last night.
    Veksar final named didn't seem to have been taken down a notch or two at all.
  15. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

WyatteSK wrote:
    Here is the deal. YES he is hard. Use control effects, buff for physical mitigation on every player OVER buffing avoidance. If using a warden use Gale(Sandstorm in t8), use anything you can to AE down the adds quickly and make sure the healer is curing trauma ASAP(If warden have purity on, just incase it might catch one or two) and maybe even carry Trauma potions.
    To be perfectly honest it isn't that hard, BEFORE when he was control effect immune he was. They found an inbetween and made him control effected but allow him to still summon adds and cast AEs, so you can get rid of his auto attack and other combat arts via control effects.
    Please don't change this mob, he suits the zone and allows the people who have skill a chance at some decent fabled gear. (not amazing but decent.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Oakmiser@Kithicor wrote:
    The mob does not suit the zone. Kander said specifically that veksar was supposed to be easier than RE2. It's still harder.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

I did it last night.
    He is defineatly easier, we had poor dps and still beat him.
    Have the enchanter single target mez the adds and cure the trauma off the tank, tank him where he stands.
    He is about as difficult as the shaman in RE2 now, which is fine.
  18. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

Dmeng Bah'Dash: (01:44) 1009663 | 9708.30 [Assan-Execute-39945]
    assan 5292.81|0H <-mythical
    illy 1466.50|0H <-mythical
    guard 1425.74|3312H
    troub 1411.15|0H
    defiler pet 112.10|6824H
    warden 0.00|155806H
    defiler 0.00|126749H
    High Shaman Vohan: (01:26) 1452261 | 16886.76 [assan-Execute-41876]
    assan 8724.55|442H <--mythical
    dige 2806.33|0H <--mythical
    swashy2563.61|0H
    guard1926.42|0H
    coe 838.47|0H
    templar 27.40|69431H
    the H = heals
    shaman in re did about 1200 dps on me while dmeng was doing about 2600 for a mob thats supposed to be easier he lasted a whole 20 seconds longer granted did re with 1 healer and vek with 2 and shaman has about 450k more HP. Bolth encounters where first pull kills and adds where locked down for bolth. In vek i didnt get one debuff from the adds that i saw thanks to good healers and chanter.... Bolth encounters are easy enough but as stated dmeng is suposed to be easier and its just not that way. Do I think they should change it? Absoulutly not. Bolth zones are fun but devs shouldnt make claims that really arent true which is the only reson im even posting in this thread
  19. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Istar@Mistmoore wrote:
    Welcome to the future of EQ2. The easy dungeons in TSO are supposedly on par with RE2 and Veksar. If you don't have raid gear, you can forget about doing the harder TSO instances. On the upside, some of the encounter scripts are REALLY fun! The whole Marcus Thex encounter, while ensanely hard, was very, very enjoyable. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

100% pickup group out of channels and we came up with a nice strat for him tonight

our tank didn't have a single piece of fable gear
    i outhealed our 2nd healer 3:1 ratio
    it got close a couple times but we killed him with sub-par dps and a good idea.

It becomes easy to see when he's about to do his add summonning aoe. when he does this, spam every root your group has on the name (for us it was just my warden roots) and get away from him.
    Kill the adds.
    Back to name untill he does his adds summonning again. Root, run, kill adds, repeat.

Using this strat, the named isn't laying down gigantic autoattacks on your debuffed tank. it gives you more time to cure and heal, and the inc damage seems to spread out a bit with your group running around (away from the mob i mean).

edit: here's the parse

Dmeng Bah'Dash: (04:11) 1325793 | 5282.04 [Ssin-Assassinate-15163]
    Syna 1945 dps 0 h
    Labo 1462 dps 0 h
    Ssin 1215 dps 1853 h
    Terr 577 dps 4718 h
    Dish 44 dps 449356 h
    Pett 38 dps 151364 h
    Inqu 0 dps 27734 h