TSO Berserker Issue List (updated april-3-2009)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-victer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Gisallo@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Shield Block V would give you a 25% greater chance to block with a shield. Already a low chance with a buckler. With the GGoW I have an 11.1% chance to block. With VG, 13.1%. The 25% increase doesn't quite bring it up to match VG's high protection value. Although it's close enough that (after the reduction in DA) I'd probably use the GGoW.
    Probably moot in a week anyway with the changes though. I'll be sticking both in the bank to rot alongside the Buckler of the Howler.
  2. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

blood regen is confirmed to heal the proper ammount now... removed from bugs
    however its still only usefull for solo/pvp so im keeping it up as a medium priority.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Had a GGoW drop yesterday and I didn't even roll on it because of the incoming changes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vanario Guest

Victer@Oasis wrote:
    The only way I could see this ability having any usefulness on a raid, as well as pvp/solo/grouping, would be if the spell was modified from ammount (200-400 or whatever the numbers are currently), to a % of damage received. For example, you would have upon being hit 33% chance to heal 15% of the damage received, meaning it would be a little less powerful than the current version while soloing, yet more useful in groups and raids. If you cut down some numbers

500 damage would become 75 healed
    2000 damage would become 300 healed
    5000 damage would become 750 healed
    I believe it would still be somewhat useful in raids (giving us a chance of basically having a small heal upon a big hit), yet not game breaking like hit absorbtion abilities. But with only 6 days left before release, I don't see any chance to that ability being made, so we will most likely have to stick to blood regeneration still being rather useless for raiders. At least one of the 2 regen got turned into something somewhat useful, it's a start.
  5. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Vanario wrote:
    The % based heal suggestion was made by several players long ago when the ability was first changed and was overpowered on Beta. It was reiterated multiple times. Obviously they didn't like that idea. The ability was instead simply reduced by 75% and never touched again. Not the end of the world. More useful than regen in multiple mob scenarios, less useful in single mob situations. In that sense it seems appropriate to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hardkatt Guest

Hey all, you're favorite zerker Hawg here ! Have a couple questions for those in BETA.
    I read all the posts in this thread (phew!) and one person mentioned that the mythical worn effect was changed in a positive way. Can anyone tell what this change may be?
    Also, I have been acquiring all items that I find with shield effectiveness. I do have the Ghostly Guard of Wrath, but was wondering if this Broken Toe Blocker would be as good as a tower shield with no shield effectiveness? I assume like everything else worn SE stacks with AA?
    One more question, has SOE changed the final AA in strength line to make this line more desirable or are we going to stop at the taunt/threat aa?
    Everything looks really good! I, too, was a little timid about the DA going down, but after reading the posts here I feel that zerks will benefit from the expansion/update!
    Thanks for the information!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

25% of all incoming damage will be added as hate towards berserker, that's the new effect.
    That shield is ok, but it will still only have 1k prot after that 25% SE, allthough it has nice stats. You should try to get one with higher prot value, there's one in Chardok atleast and it's attuneable. All SE effects stack.
    I haven't checked the new Str end ability, but i doubt i would be going for it unless it's something to die for.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hardkatt Guest

Thank Hardain! Great information!
  9. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Okay, but here was my thought. You have 11.1% + 25%= 36.1% uncontested avoidance. + whatever shield block gear you can find this uncontested avoidance appears to just climb. I have always read here that uncontested avoidance is King. Has this changed? Even though its not quite what other can be, I can't think of many shields that are easy to get that and also buff dps the way this does.
  10. ARCHIVED-Giddo Guest

This is not how these modifiers work otherwise it would be fairly easy to get to 100% block which would be ridiculous. You add 25% modifier to 11.1% shield block you add 25% of 11.1% to your total shield block; which is 2.78% for a total of 13.9%. That is why these modifiers become more effective the better the base protection on your shield is.
    Edit: the 11.1% the first poster listed included the 25% modifier on that shield, which was his point. The VG still beats the ggow protectionwise even with the 25% modifier. Regardless the +shield effectiveness does work as I previously explained. The +shield effectiveness is not additive it is a% based multiplier on the base shield block.

Sikdom
  11. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Giddo wrote:
    Okay but just one thing to add. If I understand now (also from talking to two of the best tanks on LdL) this 25% is done though AFTER all other modifiers are added in (gear, adornments, AA's etc) else the shield would logically simply have a higher base protection rather than a complicated modifier. So while base the shield is not as good, it does have the potential to be better depending on the bulk of the rest of your gear. Using rounded numbers for simplicity.
    10% shield block base. Add +3% from misc add ons. Add shield block V=16.25%
    VG 13.1%. Add +3 from misc add ons= 16.1%

its complicated and a pain in the a** I'll admit, and it may not make using bucklers worth it (I am still going to wait and see if I feel I need the dps and am willing to forgoe the protection...my guild has AWESOME healers so I have a little cushion). Just trying to confirm how this shield block thingie works. I am not going to see the Trac shield for like ever because I am a "reserve" raid tank due to my availability so I am trying to figure out how I can min max what I am realistically going to have access to for those times the coach calls me from the bull pen.
  12. ARCHIVED-Giddo Guest

Again, that is not how it works...
    10% base block +3% shield block from various addons gets you to 13%, this is true. However in order to get 3% extra shield block on that shield you would have to have items totaling +30% shield effectiveness....
    But continuing on with your example, adding +25% shield effectiveness adds to the shield protection value only. So if your shield has a protection value of 700, you add a +25% modifier that shield now becomes 875 equivalent protection. Any other shield block modifiers are added to the base value not an exponential additive effect. So if you add another 10% it becomes 700x1.35 or 945. NOT 700x1.25x1.10 or 962.5.
    In any case the actual protection on your shield would end up being 15.5% not 16.25. 25% of 10% is 2.5%. 10+3+2.5=15.5
    Even a crappy tower shield is 18% shield block, without modifiers. I just bought one....
    Edit: If you are going to be tanking raid content you are going to be wanting to use a tower shield. The ONLY reason buckler tanking was viable for a berserker was the 8% uncontested avoidance in sta4 and of course the necessity to keep the 60% DA. That is gone now. The 5% da on the ggow is going to be insignificant when you are taking into account the buffs you will be getting in the MT group+ the effects on the new gear. It wont be worth losing the 6-10% shield block...Pretty sure they nerfed the DA to allow for progression going forward...IF you are dps'ing you should be dual wielding at this point because you will now be gaining 25% da while dual wielding.
    Sikdom
  13. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Giddo wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Having Shield Effectivines in shield might seem pointless, but when you get more gear with SE(TSO has lots of) you will gain more benefit from using shield with exactly same stats, but protection being even lower than the one with 25% SE.
  15. ARCHIVED-Giddo Guest

Here is my supposition on why they are putting +shield eff on low protection shields. Using the previous example..
    If we assume the shield eff cap is +100% that means that shield can achieve a maximum corrected protection value of 1400. That is equivalent to an average un modified tower shield. If the set the base value of that shield at 875 then we are talking about 1750 protection. A pretty large increase.
    My guess is they knew they were going this direction when this shield and others like it were added and wanted to keep balance them in this way so they could put nice offensive buffs on them, and balance them such that when the new +shield eff gear went in we wouldnt be wearing bucklers giving us 20+% avoidance..
    But that is just my guess. The ggow is pretty much going to become vendor fodder and most zerkers are going to bag their VG which is unfortunate because i really like the way it looks 8(
    Sikdom
  16. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

The question is, if they don't change the 5% block wording (vs 5% shield effectiveness), will +%block count towards the shield effectiveness cap or will it be a different modifier.
    and they really should add the RoK pvp gear to the blue servers. The pvp tower shield has 5DA on it and the same protection as righteous barrier of devotion. its effect is pretty good for tanking too. Pretty good item for non raiding zerkers.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Well just had my buddy make me a Rilissian Targ Shield until I can get one of the ones from VoES or SoH. <shrug>
    Going to have to farm for the Mantle of the Jarsath to I guess to make up for the DA loss. Will be downloading ToS as soon as IGN sneds me my e-mail but I am NOT going to wait until I have collected X shards and all before I get more DA/crit stuff.
  18. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

why not just take the one of trak?
  19. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Because I am not getting to Trak for sometime? We already have an MT and an OT in my guild. I am in the "bull pen" tank wise. Now when we go to do Trak next I'll be camped outside the zone, ready to run in if it drops...AFTER our primary MT and OT are kitted out, but one does have to prioritize and I need something to hold me over no?
  20. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

removed
    • TSO Warrior AA Tree - Cry of the Warrior: Positional increase works however the "Force target to caster" does not work for the 8 second duration.
    its been fixed thanks!