TSO Berserker Issue List (updated april-3-2009)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-victer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    I have it from a high authority that this is on their list.
    Well, OK, actually I made that up. But I'm pretty sure they are aware of it and that it will get fixed. More /bug-ing probably wouldn't hurt.
  2. ARCHIVED-code Guest

Karsgaar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If the Guardian is supposed to be the *defensive tank* and the zerker is supposed to be the *offensive tank*, but survivability is the same for both, the zerker does more dps, and has better multi-mob agro control....... why be a Guardian? Seems like false advertising all the sudden for Guardians. I see no reason to be a Guardian after the expansion.
    Not to mention the Guardian Mythical is laughable now. Sony must really hate Guardians ;)
    Hell I might as well dust off my Guardian and betray to Berserker. Looks like Sony has picked them for the new MT.
  3. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i thought you quit already.
    hated them enough to make them overpowered for years. are you for real?
    the jewel of animosity change is really gonna hurt after this... going to cause aggro issues more for all tanks unless there is more DA gear put in game.
  4. ARCHIVED-code Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    My question still stands. Why would anyone, after the expansion, choose a Guardian over a Berserker? And yes.. unfortunately I did quit, but AoC is pretty awesome!
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

because guards still have a slight edge in their defensive abilities, just their aggro needs work, and apparently so will ours again.
    but my question still stands as well. why troll a game forum after you decided to quit? now your post habits reflect your avatar.
  6. ARCHIVED-bishoper Guest

What change to jewel of animosity?
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

bishoper wrote:
    You don't want to know.
    Instead of allowing you to mitigate the damage, it will now pretend it is Focus damage and do the full amount listed (6750 over 10 seconds?). 51,823% increase in damage for me.
  8. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    ouchies thats news to me. Doesnt sound like were gonna want to use it tanking anymore.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

probably not, but we kinda needed it.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Cuchilla@Mistmoore wrote:
    Well let me think. My guild's MT for the last couple years was a OMG!!!! SK. He was a killer tank. Tanked us into VP, but went to another guild that fit with his personal views on raiding more (we are a little more laid back than most VP flagged guilds). Even in there he is the the primary OT I am told.
    As for with this expansion what does the Guard have that a berzerker doesn't? Really it just looks like Tower of Stone and 1 or two other things. Better? Maybe. Earth shatteringly better? Doesn't look it. And with the whole change to more AoE encounters it looks like a lot of the time the Zerker might actually be a better choice.
    It looks to me like SOE may be trying to create a "pick the best class for a specific job" kinda situation so that yeah, your Guard and Pally may be tanking a,b and c but your zerk and sk may be a better choice for x,y and z this way they can say "there is a place for their class and yours." Is it going to work? Who knows, but I am a stubborn SOB and am going to find out.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    What he said. Guards will still be a bit more raid wide power efficient to keep standing. For some guilds that have very good OT's this will be all the reason they need to stay with guards. If DPS is already covered (and it usually is most people like DPS classes) then you want your tank to stay standing at the least cost to the healers helping them do so. In high end raids efficiency is king and Guards will still have the edge there.
  12. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

bumping this thread. has the blood regen proc been fixed? is it still only procing for the lowest end of the proc?
  13. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

The stun ressist is upgrading properly, the heal proc still doesn't work correctly.
  14. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Bremer wrote:
    can anyone confirm this? im at work for awhile still... ill change the first post if so
  15. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

fix to the stun AA confirmed.
    removed from first post list
  16. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Okay have been having trouble finding this and it does relate to the Zerker issue. I read somewhere (and now I can't find it) that there is a nerf to the general mechanic of Bucklers to further encourage the use of the bigger shields. Only reason I am wondering is I am about to equip the Ghostly Guard of Wrath. With its additional DA obviously I would like to tank with it, but if Bucklers have been nerfed then I need to ask if the extra DA is worth the loss in protection.
    So guess it comes down to...is there an overall buckler nerf, and if so what are the numbers? I tried searching and can't find anything now.
  17. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Just tested the heal, it procs now any amount between 284 and 420 and not only 284 anymore. @Gisallo Search harder :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Gisallo@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Well, Bucklers themselves stay the same. But the Stamina AA line no longer gives you 8% uncontested avoidance when using a buckler. Nor does it require that you use a buckler to get it's [reduced] double attack bonus. So if you continue to use a buckler, particularly any buckler besides Virtue's Guard, your avoidance will drop quite a bit.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    Okay that explains why I couldn't find it. I guess I got so lost in seeeing "buckler nerf" I thought I saw somewhere that the actual buckler item got nerfed (not just a line related to it).
    And while virtue's guard is great http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/-244510804
    It looks like (I could be wrong) that with the right gear on the Ghostly Guard of Wrath could have more protection and the +5 Double attack imho is better than the Guard. http://www.lootdb.com/eq2/item/2102390603. I say I could be wrong because I am still trying to work out exactly how Shield Block V works.
  20. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Bremer wrote:
    can anyone confirm this?