TSO Berserker Issue List (updated april-3-2009)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-victer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

I'm going to try to make an easy to read list of problems with the current berserker design. Please keep your descriptive posts and your complaints to the other berserker threads. If you can think of something to add to this list I'll gladly add it. If you feel something is more / less important then I do, I'm also willing to take suggestions.
    Bug Report
    This will be a list of skills and effects used by the berserker that are currently not working as described in the description.
    • Aggressive Defense (auto taunt): Although this skill is listed as slashing damage, melee critical modifiers are not applied. It seems that spell critical modifiers are being used instead.
    High Priority
    These issues need attention a.s.a.p.
    • Defensive Stance: The negative melee skills reduce our hit rate to something unacceptable. Agro generation is drastically reduced by missing the target too often. We also require being able to hit the target to proc our berserk effect to properly use our main tanking ability Adrenaline.
    Medium Priority
    These issues will cause a lot of people to complain and should be looked into.
    • Blood Regeneration and Perseverance: Effectiveness of the skill diminishes with a higher tier of opponent. Works well for solo/duel... Underpowered for heroic .... Almost useless in raids.
    • Aggressive Defence (auto taunt): Procs on 20% of incoming melee attacks. Other fighters have a stronger taunt procing 55% or 100% of the time on ANY incoming attack. That is a very huge difference.
    Low Priority
    These issues need eventual attention but we can live with them as long as you attend the top 2 prioritys and bugs.
    • Berserker AA Tree:
      • Debilitation Line: The bonuses offered are for increased debuffs on our combat arts. Our combat arts are low debuffers. We have debuffs such as 14 haste and 19 slash/crush/peirce. Our AA's increase these numbers by a low % on a low number... = very low gains per AA spent.
      • Berserk: Our "clicky" zerk is less potent then our berserk from our skills.
    • Vision of Madness: Does not guarantee a death prevention. If my group gets one shotted by a strong AE and i have this skill on everyone should be dead except for me but this doesn't happen all the time.
    • Raid AE Encounters: There still is not enough AE encounters in raids that will make us use our AE abilities to their fullest. If we are meant to be AoE encounter tanks and are receiving more and more AoE skills please give us more opportunities to use them!
    • TSO Berserker Tree:
      • Jeering Onslaught: The skill currently requires a target to cast yet is classified as a "blue" AE. No other blue AE in the game requires a target.
      • Wall of force:
        • The UI does not show how many procs are left on the buff.
        • The duration is too short. Often the mob will not hit you hard enough during the 10 seconds for the proc to go off.
    • Berserker Mythical Weapon: Enrage is heat damage when it should be some sort of melee damage.

I will add/delete/edit this post as needed
  2. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

This post is going to try and give suggestions to the original post. I will add everyone suggestions to mine.
    Each numbered suggested change is an individual suggestion. I do not expect to have all of the numbered suggestions changed at the same time.
    High Priority
    • Defensive Stance: The negative melee skills reduce our hit rate to something unacceptable. Agro generation is drastically reduced by missing the target too often. We also require being able to hit the target to proc our berserk effect to properly use our main tanking ability Adrenaline.
    1. Remove the negative melee skills.
    Medium Priority
    • Blood Regeneration and Perseverance: Effectiveness of the skill diminishes with a higher tier of opponent. Works well for solo/duel... Underpowered for heroic .... Almost useless in raids.
    1. The heal should be dependent on what is attacking you. If solo or pvp... If heroic... If epic.
    2. The heal should be a % of the damage taken.
    3. Increase the proc chance.
    4. Change the proc to any damage taken not just melee attacks
    • Aggressive Defense (auto taunt): Procs on 20% of incoming melee attacks. Other fighters have a stronger taunt procing 55% or 100% of the time on ANY incoming attack. That is a very huge difference.
    1. Change the auto-taunt proc rate to 50%+.
    2. Change the auto-taunt proc to proc off ANY incoming attack.
    Low Priority
    • Berserker AA Tree:
      • Debilitation Line: The bonuses offered are for increased debuffs on our combat arts. Our combat arts are low debuffers. We have debuffs such as 14 haste and 19 slash/crush/pierce. Our AA's increase these numbers by a low % on a low number... = very low gains per AA spent.

1. Add % damage to the AA's. We are the offensive warrior aren't we?
    • Berserker AA Tree:
      • Berserk: Our "clicky" zerk is less potent then our berserk from our skills.

1. Change it to be as strong as the adept 3 version of the players current tier. Or Higher.
    • Vision of Madness: Does not guarantee a death prevention. If my group gets one shotted by a strong AE and I have this skill on everyone should be dead except for me but this doesn't happen all the time.

1. When we die this is supposed to heal us for 5 seconds. If you die before the 5 seconds expires you should not have to wait on the full recast duration.
    • Raid AE Encounters: There still is not enough AE encounters in raids that will make us use our AE abilities to their fullest. If we are meant to be AoE encounter tanks and are receiving more and more AoE skills please give us more opportunities to use them!

1. Add more AE encounters! And I'm not talking about the standard "Mob starts with 1 Name and 2 adds.... kill adds in 15 seconds move on to name.... get loot". We need more interesting fights that make us use our AE abilities to their fullest.
    • TSO Berserker Tree:
      • Jeering Onslaught: The skill currently requires a target to cast yet is classified as a "blue" AE. No other blue AE in the game requires a target.

1. Should not require a target. Much like all other blue AEs in the game.
    • TSO Berserker Tree:
      • Wall of force:
        • The UI does not show how many procs are left on the buff.
        • The duration is too short. Often the mob will not hit you hard enough during the 10 seconds for the proc to go off.

1. The UI should show how many procs are left much like the way that Weapon Counter and Turmoil display the number of procs left.
    2. Increase the duration to 15-20 seconds.
    • Berserker Mythical Weapon: Enrage is heat damage when it should be some sort of melee damage.
    1. Change it to some sort of melee damage.

I will change/edit/add to this post as needed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pokar Guest

Wow, awesome posts.
    If all of this stuff isn't fixed I'll be retiring Batrog for good. This is ludicrous.

Nerfing Adrenaline is just wrong, it's bad enough that 50% power is taken away, now 100%? What the hell is this? They take away numerous things and give us only a couple of things. How is this an expansion? It's more like a... despansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mexule Guest

don't forget about changing Open wounds to something useful for those with mythicals :). but #1 priority is to change adrenaline back.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Not changing it back, changing it to a reasonable amount, not like in the beta or on live servers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Curs3 Guest

what gave them the idea that berserkers where over powered in the first place? i never hear that. anyways im not going to bother getting another char up to 80 just to be nerfed too. this will be the end of the line for me if it goes through.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mexule Guest

Bremer wrote:
    what amount did u have in mind?
  8. ARCHIVED-Aeralik Guest

Adrenaline is already changed. Also the stamina line has been reworked quite a bit and no longer has a buckler requirement.
  9. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

wow, aerellik, hows the guard mythic look now?
  10. ARCHIVED-Mexule Guest

whats going to happen to guardian mythical then?
  11. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Ruh-roh...
  12. ARCHIVED-Demurg Guest

Crusaders - 8 AA = 17 DA, warriors - 8 AA = 45 DA? Imbalances
  13. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    I'm hoping we'll see this in a day or so then.
    Because i'm on beta right now, and a buckler is still needed and Adrenaline still hurts like the heroic named I poked. :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Sithal Guest

Thanks for the change on STA line Aeralik, looking forward to what you came up with for it and the Guard Myth. There were some good ideas in the threads.
  15. ARCHIVED-SkilledPalo Guest

So what is this I hear that Berserkers are 4th of the list of tanks with both crusader tanks ranking above them for MT and Offtank spots?! Have heard that from a handfull of people now. Any truth behind that? I know that Zerkers have been the weaklings of the tank group prior TSO and one would think the expansion would give a class that deserves it more of a boost.
  16. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Best main tank : guard pally berserker SK Best off tank : SK berserker pally guard Cuchilla, that is the order for the plat tank
  17. ARCHIVED-Jonger79 Guest

So how much powerdrain is Adrenaline going to be now. If its more then currently I will be sick. If its 100% I'm going to betray.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jaylo Guest

Victer@Oasis wrote:
    From what I saw, the buff has a 45 second duration, but it is refreshed every 15 seconds. The heal when you fall below 30% health can trigger every 15 seconds.
    The only reason that I can see why the duration was increased to 45 seconds was to remove the distraction of the buff flashing constantly as it counted down to expiration.
  19. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Demurg wrote:
    amends = what? imbalances
    stamina3 used to be 76% btw.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mogzilla Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Sk's get ammends?