TSO Berserker Issue List (updated april-3-2009)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-victer, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

Karsgaar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    sorry, i should have wrote our MT group have always been. by not puttin a scout in the same group as a dirgue you are loosing a lot of dps, warden arent really needed in MT Group or in any raid (blame SOE for making the really undesirable). we are usually running with 5 healers (sometime only 4 but that s cause 1 is a slacker) in the raid wich works for us.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yes there is.
    I'm not made of money... and I refuse to throw adornments on items i'm looking at replacing when said adornment is a good 20p a go.
  3. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

We run scout heavy and so we usually run with three Dirges and one Troub. Every scout has a Dirge. I like having the Warden in the MT group for the extra weapon skill, especially fighting level 87-88 mobs and it also eases the burden on the other two healers, especially on all the cure heavy fights in this expansion. Whatever works though, I always say.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

because plat is so hard to get 'n stuff.
  5. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

if you get a warden who can play well they can be a huge help in the raid.
    Wardens can heal the whole raid without blinking.
    And they alone let warriors tank in d-stance with their melee skill buff.
    But /cough getting off topic! This thread is about zerker problems! /cracks whip
  6. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

i'm really not likeing that the Blood regeneration proc is only healing the minimum. Makeing a pretty crappy skill to be even more crappy.
    i was thinknig about moving from medium priority to high but want to know if you guys are as conserned about it as i am.
    The idea of the skill isnt too bad if it would just work right. Think about it... 5 AA's into this skill is supposed to let you heal up to 400. Thats not completely useless...its almost like you avoid 400 dammage 33% of the time. Thats really weak against epics but for the other stuff its not too bad.
    Obviously we'd all like it changed so that its more usefull in raids but its looking like they dont want to make much more changes to it. And they already helped us a ton in the last few days. I just dont want to anoy them lol.
    But right now its doing the minimum it possibly could do and that just sucks.
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i'm semi concerned but i wouldn't call it high priority. perseverence is still semi broken as well but honestly they're better than the regen was and our raidwide dps got bumped up slightly, i noticed it was either 27 or 28 dps mod instead of the 25 i saw last time i checked with AAs into it. overall i don't think we have much room to complain about the changes to all of our regen lines now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Maybe you should split the list into gameplay and bugs, because Blood Reg only proccing for the minimum amount ist definetely a bug, like the Force Sight not working. And bugs are more likely getting fixed than gameplay balance stuff.
  9. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Bremer wrote:
    good idea man.
    added this
    Bug Report
    This will be a list of skills and effects used by the berserker that are currently not working as described in the description.
    • Blood Regeneration: The heal only heals for the minimum heal ammount. For instance if the spell reads 284-426 each time it will only heal for 284.
    • TSO Warrior AA Tree - Absobing Blows: Additional AA's added after the initial one are not adding up. 5 AA's in this adds 2% Stun resist when it should be 10%.
    theres more we can add to this im sure
  10. ARCHIVED-SkilledPalo Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    So is that it? You want to be a MT make a guard, you want to be a OT make an SK, and you want to Dee pee ess go make an assassin? Ok.
  11. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

wah
    cry me a river if you don't think player skill isn't in there somewhere or the most important thing: having fun.
  12. ARCHIVED-SkilledPalo Guest

Player skill. So you have a Guardian with high gamer skill and a Berserker with high gamer skill. Guardian is still better suited for the job. So, having fun, I don't see much fun in being a class that virtually isn't really good at MT or OT so basically what Zerker becomes is that "tank" you'll take in your Raid/Team if you can't find a better one. Guard, Pally, SK.
    Fun is being a useful class and to be excepted into groups and raids. I don't know but from all this I'm reading since NDA was lifted the class is still getting the short end of the stick. Shouldn't Berserkers being the opposite of Guardians be contesting Guards for the main tank spot instead of fighting with crusader tanks to see who the best Off Tank is lol. Silly.
  13. ARCHIVED-RazeltheRogue Guest

I personally do not see the need to betray to Guard or roll SK/Pally. I know of a few Guilds now on my server Running Zerker as MT and OT. I have been testing this beta since almost the begining as a Zerker and found the additions we are getting are a far sight more help then what we have lost. I do see a gap however from the lower end of the game to the high end. An Average Zerker of lower lvl will have a lot more trouble holding agro. This game is going the route EQ1 took and requiring your AAs to properly do the job. MMOs always trend towards the better equiped character, skill plays a roll with equally equiped characters. Personally I would have liked 40DA on Stam3 but as is we can DW and DPS w/o the need to get a lot of Extra DA from items. If that was intended Im not sure. And the Stamina line looks more like what I think it was intended. On a side note I think zerkers should be able to DW and tank...but that would only be possible if we got more parry or dmg resistance while using a 2nd weapon. At any rate I am not unhappy with my Zerker. I will continue to plug away and hope for better changes. Its a game at any rate and the other tanks just dont suite my playstyle.
    -Raz
  14. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Cuchilla@Mistmoore wrote:
    Oh please... Guardians are getting almost nothing in this expansion, probably because they needed the least help. We could already tank anything a Guardian could. If the mob is dead the mob is dead, it isn't any more dead because a Guardian tanked it instead of a Berserker. Especially since they made it viable for us to tank with a tower shield, the gap has closed even more. We have just as many snap aggro tools as they do now and way better AE aggro. They have Tower of Stone and Stone Sphere, we have the new AA that's a mini-TOS and Adrenaline (which is STILL the best defensive skill in the game even with the increased power cost). If anything it's even more competitive now for tanks than it was before. I could even see SKs being very viable as an MT option now. The only problem now is all those people still stuck in the mind set of "Guardians are the only MTs." Anyone that doesn't see that needs to get their head out of their rear.
    And yes, player skill is a much higher factor then anything else when determining who is the best tank. After the expansion there's going to be some mediocre Guardians that were the de facto tank because they were the Guardian (which many see as the ONLY MT class right now), being replaced by Berserkers, Pallies and yes, even SKs that are better players and who have a chip on their shoulder because they've been passed over in favor of a Guardian so many times. I for one am glad the playing field is being evened. No more coasting along for a lot of Guardians. They might actually have to go out and prove they're the better tank rather then just having it assumed.
  15. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

take a look at my gear, do you think i bought it all? do you think i pleaded with a guild to drag me along so i could leech off of them? no, i earned it. just as i was there giving my input when we first got our mythicals and now that our MT(also our guild leader) knows i am capable i MT half of the time while he does the real life thing. i even competed with the almighty overpowered guardian for this spot, guess what? they said i kicked *** over him and i took over as OT also against the overpowered amends equipped paladin who retired.
    if we're such craptastic tanks then why would my guild subject itself to so much pain to make me tank in front of them all? no, we're not as good as guardians first time through a zone but we're getting better at that. do you want your last time as a zerk known as sitting there comparing all of your worth vs amends? vs tower of stone? vs death march? we have our own abilities that come close to those but in different ways.
    people say alot of the same things about SKs, we just took in an app since they're getting a boost in TSO and his tanking skill surprised me after all of the doom and gloom i keep hearing about SKs as tanks and how they're wet paper towels who can't DPS or hold aggro or take 2 hits before hitting the ground. it's all a mind**** that people put on their own class because they are unhappy themselves. yes we all have our problems but we ALL can do our jobs just fine, even brawlers. as much as people want to deny it, player skill is, has and always will be a factor when choosing a raid tank. for pickups there will always be stereotypes and there is no applying for a spot, so if this is your complaint you have to prove your whole server wrong as i helped to do.
    now quit bringing me down with all this BS about how we're worthless and no one wants us because if you want to accept that then that is your choice. i am a zerker and i never lay down for anyone.
  16. ARCHIVED-Slayer505 Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself Lyger. Player skill means a lot more then most people know, especially for tanks. We have an SK in our raid force and he mainly does DPS and plays third tank when we need one, but I've seen our Guardian OT go down to an unlucky double attack when someone pulled an extra mob in VP and he tanked the mob until the raid killed the one I had pulled with only a Fury in his group and some cross healing. He's done this lots of times and I always joke that he better not let the SK Union know he's tanking raid mobs or they'll revoke his membership Don't tell me player skill means nothing.
  17. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Zerkers have not looked any better... ever. But neither has all the other tanks. Gaurdians will say different but all they need is a rebuff to thier mythical and they are ready. The Gaurds that got hit the hardest are the ones with the mythical. The ones without it got a nice upgrade (which was one major gaurdian complaint). Same with the zerkers without thier mythical.
    The ROK easymode tanks have to actaully work and proove that they deserve thier raid spots over the other tanks now and that is exaclty the way it should be. We had to proove ourselves for the last few years... and dont get me wrong we still do but thats the thing... every tank needs to proove to the other 23 people that they are the right PLAYER for the spot... not the class.
    Our biggest issues in KOS to ROK was AE content and possitional hate. Both have been answered in this expantion so we are looking golden.
    I personally think that tank balancing is done. All they need to do is rethink the new clicky thats on the gaurdian mythical (they really did get the shaft with it) and then we are done with tank balancing.
    As far as zerker issues go all i want is to see blood regeneration fixed/changed and ill be happy to play for another year.
    And we arent just looking good for raiding. Soloers are looking fantastic and group instance players look great too. It should be a very fun expantion for our class.
  18. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Agreed. I hope this expansion really does bring this back to player skill being a deciding factor. Cause I know I play my class better than others I know but I still get passed over because I'm a zerker and i dont come with amends or reinforcements. Tank balance means that no one class gets the job just because they are that class. FACT
  19. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

why is blood regeneration only healing for the lowest end of the healing spread >_<
  20. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    Because it's bugged, most likely.