TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

I think you guys might be missing the point with that one. The proof of the pudding was meant to be difficult, it was not an every-day quest. And I might add that it could have been made an awful lot harder (you really didn't need that much faction with Bath to start it for example).

I LOVE being self sufficient, I hate relying on other people and it is probably the main reason that I ever begun crafting in the first place. However ... I think a quest like this, which is meant to be hard AND has a fantastic reward at the end, is an exception to the rule.

Keep up the good work Dom
  2. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Difficut I don't mind, but having to depend on other people to do a crafting project that I could do with my own account (and I did level all these crafters which isn't easy) is awful. Nothing I hate worse that having to spam for people to make something for me, that I should be able to do myself.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Normally I'd agree, as I abhor cross-class dependency, but this was our Tradeskill EPIC. An epic quest should require getting the help of others.

It's not something I'd like to see used regularly, but under the circumstances it made perfect sense to me.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I'd like to see some consistency in the rares needed for top level recipes, especially after an expansion.

For instance, right now one level 70 dirge CA, Banshee, requires the T7 rare, spongy loam. However 2 others, Wail of the Dead and Riana's Maligning Sustain, require the T8 rare, silicate. Not only is this inconsistent (it was spongy loam before the expansion and should stay that way) but it makes an unnecessary expense, as those two will have to be upgraded at level 80 with silicate loams again.

I more-or-less understand why this happens, but maybe you can have level 70 tradeskillers able to make level 71 spells/CAs after an expansion, etc., that way you can avoid this frustrating inconsistency.

Pouncer
  5. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Pusska@Permafrost wrote:
    But it's not difficult. There is nothing difficult about paying someone to make something for you, and not having to participate in the crafting of said item at all. Domino herself even admitted that she put it in as a timesink so the quest wouldn't be done too quickly. Difficult would have been implementing a commission system that required two crafters to work together to craft something. This implementation was no more difficult than going to someone's house to buy an item you needed for a quest update.

And now this artificial limitation is reportedly going to prevent hard-working crafters from being able to gain the benefits of being a high level crafter in terms of red shinies, since I've seen mention on the test boards that the red shinies require the earring to be able to see. So the folks who didn't have a stable of crafters in their guild, or weren't able to get into the crafting "raids" that went on when Kunark first came out are going to lose out again by lacking that one item from that rarely seen crafting class on their server.
  6. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Lodrelhai wrote:
    This is what I thought too, but then I asked myself a few questions...
    Which is more deserving of 9 tradeskill cloaks (and earrings, and titles), 9 individuals that level up a tradeskiller each, grind out the faction required on their character, do the preliminary steps of the quest series on their character, then get eachothers help for the final combines, or one player that has leveled up 9 crafters, done the faction grind on all 9, done the preliminary steps on all 9, and then done the final combines for all 9?
    I know which of these I think is more deserving, yet the game will not allow them to obtain them without help of others.
    My first thought was to support making the items tradeable, but that would trivialize the whole idea of tradeskill epics. It would mean someone with a single tradeskill character could go to the merchant and buy the only timesink in the whole quest line for a few gold.
    What I would like to see instead is a mechinism for playersto use the commission crafting system between characters on their own account. A tinkerer made item that, when cast, becomes an NPC (10 minute duration) that can be used in place of the target player for commission crafting.
    Have the crafter enter the name of the intended reciever of the finished commission crafted item (and do a check to make sure it is on the same account), add the ingrediants to the window, do the combine, log out and onto the intended recieving character, hail the tinkerer made NPC and recieve the item. This would have the benifit of working for crafted no-trade items such as the AA mirrior, or for quest updates such as that for Wurmslayer or BCG.
  7. ARCHIVED-foxspirit Guest

I would like to see no-trade items be able to be traded between charas on the same account. I hate wasting stuff because Im not going to keep the character or something along that lines...
  8. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Elendhelie@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Granted, that would be nice as well... But out of curiosity, how is that for the TS developer?
  9. ARCHIVED-foxspirit Guest

*shrugs* Cause I was in here... and Im sure theres atleast a few TS items that are no-trade... >.>
  10. ARCHIVED-Sparkenwolf Guest

Forgive me if after almost 3+ years that I have missed something, but is there a way to quickly offload your crafted goods into your sales containers.... say control, left click instead of having to drag and drop each item? If there isn't, would be a good idea.
  11. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Sparkenwolf wrote:
    Lol. I know the feeling. IO had to put about 80 weapons on the market tonight....*shivers*

If there is, then I do not know the way....
  12. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Noaani wrote:
    It's still possible to make the items from other classes tradeable. There could be an additional step whereby the person who is completing the epic must either refine the traded item further, or combine it with other items in some manner. Then it wouldn't matter if the item was commissioned or crafted and traded, because the tradeable item itself would not be all that was needed to complete the quest.
  13. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Gwyneth@Najena wrote:
    The problem with that is it is no different at all from making the items simply tradeable, at least in terms of what the idea behind this portion of the quest was about.
    If the items are tradeable, even if they require further refining after that point, then crafters will simply be able to purchase their tradeskill epic off the broker, they will just need to do one more combine per item or whatever, but that one combine is totally trivial.
    The idea I suggested, and would like to see, only helps those with 2 or more mastercrafters (or would be master crafters) on the same account. It means they can make the items for themself. If you do not have more than 1 level 80 crafter on your account, this does nothing at all to help you. Which I think is how it should be.
  14. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Not strictly crafting but I would like a "Match lowest price" button on the broker, that when clicked would set the price for the current item to match the lowest available, with commision taken into account.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Noaani wrote:
    Neither. They are EQUALLY deserving of their cloaks.

(Note: while I have started it on Rijacki, I actually don't have the earring and cloak on any character... not because I don't think I could get the help, just because I haven't been playing Rijacki much of late.)
  16. ARCHIVED-foxspirit Guest

Not really a TS request, but a harvesting request.

Fishing:

I would like to be able to fish an entire lake, rather than the occiasional node here and there. I would like the animation to start sooner so that you dont start and stop "fishing" when the casting bar is near the end. I would like to be able to fish stuff up besides fish sometimes. Make it more of a past time along with the harvesting.... you could make use of those fishing poles and bait in the merchants Ive seen so that you can fish without the "extras" if you dont have the fishing pole and bait equipped.
  17. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Elendhelie@Lucan DLere wrote:
    ... EQ2 doesn't have bait, lol, that's EQ1!
  18. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Calthine wrote:
    I actually miss EQ1 style fishing.

SWG (original) fishing was interesting.. even if I never did get the hang of it.
  19. ARCHIVED-foxspirit Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    In Neriak on the docks that merchant near the collector sells grubs and fishing poles. I think the grubs are listed as bait.. But they are "food" oddly enough. o_O
  20. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Agreed.
    Which is why I think a mechanism should be put in place for people with multiple tradeskillers on the same account to be able to use their own characters to commission no-trade items for each other, but done in a way that does not affect those that do not have multiple crafters.
    My suggestion was just one of many ways this could be accomplished.