TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-MrCartoon69 Guest

I so badly want a search on broker for tinkering profession recipes like the one for other tradeskills. Its so hard to find tinker recipes esp with their gnomish names:)
  2. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Shami@Venekor wrote:
    I search for Blueprint - type it in. Then sort on name to bypass all the fireplace blueprints. The tinker ones will come up first.
  3. ARCHIVED-MrCartoon69 Guest

Yeah i did that,but the crap thing is that not all recipes have blueprint in their name:(
  4. ARCHIVED-brilexis Guest

Totally superficial request. With Memorial Day and The 4th of July coming up would love to be able to craft red, white, and blue items to decorate my house with.
  5. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

I know its been asked a MILLION times ... if not more, BUT:

Bankers in the TS instances please.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Anobabylon@Befallen wrote:
    They have the outdoor TS areas now... even better to me

As for what I would like to see given to Carpenters.... SCREENS!!!! So I dont have to figure out how to use paintings... lol
    [IMG][IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

I would like to see sets added to Artisan, Tailorer and Armorer for appearance.
    For Artisan I would like to see "clear" armor sets... basically when you equip them in your appearance slot you only see the naked form for that piece. Currently this can be done with a cloth shoulder and forearm piece, I would like to see it added to all slots. I understand that appearance slots cannot be used until level 20 for some reason unknown to me... but Artisan level and tradeskill level are rarely the same anyway.
    For Outfitter/Tailorer I would like to see the different type sets without the colors.. (i.e. the pants with flaps, the pants without, etc) and have the ability to "imbue" the sets with a color from some particular component (perhaps smoldering, glimmering, scintillating dusts etc). So if someone wanted a tan pair of leather pants without the flap, they would have that set made and then "imbued or colored" with a smoldering dust.
    For Outfitter/Armorer I would like to see the same thing with the different style chain/plate sets.. just a basic mold of the design and have a choice to "color" it with some colorful component.
    I suggested dusts because they are colorful and currently only alchemists use them, but they are just what I thought of and other type components might argueably be better to use. I also considered that some of the colors of the dusts are pretty basic and doesn't include black. For this I figured maybe a combination of "color" components to make the desired color could be used.
    I am not sure what kind of endeavor this would take to implement, the designs for so many different types of armor already exist, I guess a "mold" of the different styles for appearance only would have to be named and decisions would have to be made for what materials to use to make them (no rares... this is just appearance) and what recipe books to put what "molds" in.
    I know tailorers currently make a billion different dresses and jumper suits or whatever they are called for the males... they seem like a waste, I don't see many people that use them and the only variety in them are the colors.. not the design. I often spend a lot of time at the broker looking for some matching piece to go with a dropped piece that I like (with no luck) and thought it would be nice to be able to have matching pieces crafted. (I know there are already handcrafted sets, but either the design or color is not what i am looking for or I simply am not the right level/class to use it) I am not sure if the current state of the armorers/tailors needs more recipes.. but if they do, this suggestion for appearance armor would help :)
    This idea plays a lot better in my head than it does on paper.. er screen =/
    I hope it makes sense...
  8. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Welp, since we've got cloaks now, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing crafter centric class hats.

I want a chef's hat for Provisioners.
    I want eye loupes on a headband or specs (with a more fantasy feel of course) for Jewelers.
    I want a tasseled scholar's cap for Sages.

Etc.

I admit, some classes will be hard to figure out hats for (Armorer and WSmith come to mind immediately) but I'm sure the great minds of the art team could come up with something faboo!
  9. ARCHIVED-Wulfborne Guest

I don't know if it's been mentioned prior, but as an alchemist, I'd LOVE to be able to have a recipe to turn flickering/shimmering/sparkling/glimmering/luminous/lambent/scintillating/smoldering (etc) materials directly into dust. I know we can distill the previous tier's dusts into the next tier, but shouldn't we be able to mortar & pestle the material into dust without distillation if needed? I just don't find the need to make as many adept 3's as I need dusts. :(

~Hawke
  10. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Oh...neat idea, I would love to wear a chef hat while cooking!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

I would guess that "your reward is a spiffy head-armor graphic" isn't going to be happening much anymore; Sarnaks don't display class hats at all. (And they likely won't display them, ever, since they're already using the "new skeletal model" that everyone is supposed to be using, eventually...)
  12. ARCHIVED-Bozidar Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Hmm...
    carpenter: could be as subtle as a pencil in the ear
    woodworker: i'm at a loss
    alchemist: chemistry goggles!
    tailors: at a loss
    Armorer: iron-man styled face mask
    weaponsmith ; large forge goggles

a neat idea, honestly.
  13. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Bozidar wrote:
    How about an apple with an arrow through it for the woodworker and a tape measure worn as a headband for the tailor.
  14. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Class hats were actually something I did think about when planning out the tradeskill epic quests, however, there weren't obvious hat choices for all classes, and hats were also a lot more work for the art folks to make. There was even a thread asking about class hats and what people would want, and it got very few responses. So, we went with the earring, and when there was time to also add a lovely graphical cloak it was even better. Praasha's comment about sarnaks is a very valid one also. That said I would definitely like to add more "fluff" type hats and have spoken to the art folks about some ideas, but at this point I don't anticipate class-specific ones coming along, at least any time soon.
  15. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

Wulfborne wrote:
    Interesting idea but it would greatly change the market fro materials. On Runnyeye Smoldering Dust is at 20 Gold but Smoldering Material is at 2 Gold. The likey effect of such a change would be to inflate the price of Materials, which would be hated by most other crafters.
  16. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

Some of us still have the dusts we made prior to up date 24 (?), when sub-combines disappeared. Some people are even selling them on the broker - Naughty.
    Why can't the dust from these rares be used as primary components in poisions or potions. (Or was I asleep at the time when they could be used ? And I don't mean before the update !)
  17. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

RandomStream wrote:
    I turned all my dusts into poison bottles prior to that update... The last time that I made that tier, they were subbed in as a dust.....
  18. ARCHIVED-PsychoKitty Guest

I hope this is the right thread to post to :-o But I would like to put in a request here for some kind of bag that you can place items IN so that you can give them to people.

It may sound silly, but I think this would help out a lot of guilds in the day-to-day running. I like to hold regular events for our guild and have just started giving out 'goodie bags' on attendence with a few fun bits and pieces (love the fun provisioner recipes btw). But this entails giving each member as much as I can put in the trade window and can turn into a bit of a time consuming mess.

We also like to give members a starting pack when they join the guild, and again some kind of container that we can just pass on would really help.

Always on the lookout for more recipes that add to the game in terms of enjoyment, I think this could be a fabulous idea for new carpenter recipes! Picnic baskets could be made, valentines gifts, birthday presents ... they may require a whole heap of extra mats to cover the items created inside? Even just one recipe per tier with a different type of basket and then the final tier 8 recipe could be a custom made version? If that is a bit too far out there then could we please just have a simple container that you can pass to someone with the contents already added to it? :)

Oooh, I could even have event prizes (basket icon of course) sitting in the guild bank for people to view and drool over! The possibilities are endless :)
  19. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Please do not do any more crafts like Proof of the Pudding where you cannot complete without using crafters from different accounts. When this game first started the coopertation was awful, so not to be dependent and to be able to get done what I wanted, I bought a larger account and skilled up all 9 crafts. Please, make all crafted items be able to be one with the same accounts and not this commissioned stuff. That is my wish.
  20. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Seconded.