TS wish list for the next dev?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MadTexan3, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-cajun11s Guest

My request is to be able to select multiple items to be moved as a group.
    It would be SO nice not to have to completely disassemble & rebuild a project because of ONE little piece that is offset.
    PLEASE consider this.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dorin Guest

Schirf wrote:
    I think this is a great idea, I had a similar one with a slightly different spin. A quest offerer NPC, like the ones that currently exist, could offer a "Bulk materials" quest that scales based on tradeskill level to target the current tier's harvest items and provides quest recipes for that tier, or offer a separate quest for each tier the crafter has achieved already.
    Essentially the idea is an Armorer like myself that ends up with several stacks of timber, rough jewels, animal meats, etc. and can't sell them for much could approach this NPC, accept this "Bulk Materials" quest, and be issued trade class-specific recipes targeted at my particular skillset that require different items based on the crafting station selected, or just one all-encompassing recipe that allows the crafter to select the material type used.
    I could then approach the Woodworker Bench, select this recipe, and craft a "Stack of Refined Timber" or some such item that takes 200 severed wood, then turn in this item to the quest NPC for some bogus coin and a bit of exp. The idea behind this is that puts a minimum worth on harvested materials of a given tier and also gives a small amount of assistance to crafters that are spending a ton of time harvesting and a small amount of time actually leveling their trade.
  3. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Once again, I have a request for our most Puissant and Serene Tradeskill Developer (on whose house may there always be peace!), the Illustrious Domino (life, prosperity, health!).
    Gently with the butter, Anordil. Right, then! The request....
    Would it be possible to add other crafted racial statues (elves, men, fae, etc.) for decorative purposes? The divers statuary added with RoK is great but it'd be swell to have statues of the other races!
  4. ARCHIVED-Alvos Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Anordil speaks sooth! ^_^
  5. ARCHIVED-Lady Zagora Guest

My request? Have a little consideration for the tradeskillers as opposed to the adventure/tradeskillers. Some of my crafters are not adventurers. And I like it that way but I was very disappointed to see that the faction writs for crafters are still only +150.... I misread the planned changes I assume since it is only adventuring writs that got the bump up to +500. I mean- I know you have to go kill a whole 12 or 13 mobs for an adventuring writ, but us crafters go and harvest, farm rares, and occasionally I've had to farm crafting books when the final one I wanted in a tier wasn't available or was set at an outrageous price on the broker. So I'd say we work just as hard doing our writs- so why don't we get the same reward? :/ just my frustrated 2 cents worth.
  6. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Lady Zagora wrote:
    If I remember correctly, the post by the dev stated that they would see how increasing the adventure writs go before upping the Crafting writs (which they never said what amount).

Crafting writs are simpler then the adventure writs... NO running back and forth through zones to return them... no fear of death anymore since they changed the forge... lol

It is all in the choices that you make....
  7. ARCHIVED-Rendakor Guest

My suggestion/wish is to seperate the formal outfits that went live with this patch into 2 seperate items: a shirt and pants. This would give us more options in what we wear without requiring the creation of new art assets. Is this doable?
  8. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Lady Zagora wrote:
    I have some fuel for this one! Adventurers also have chances while they are out to get high value loot drops from their writ mobs, and they don't have to harvest or buy materials before they can do their writs. I think it is planned that we're getting a boost in faction, I hope so because I still need to go max faction in all the not freeport cities so I can have access to their house toys.
  9. ARCHIVED-IcterusGalbula Guest

My level 50 carpenter just tried to put a loaf of level 48 bread into a level 50 stove and discovered it wasn't possible. Maybe he did not try hard enough. I just thought it would be neat to have the loaf of bread sitting inside the open oven looking as if it had just been baked or was still baking.
    P.S. He also tried to put the loaf of bread on top of the stove, but that did not seem possible either. So he put the bread on a table near the stove.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

IcterusGalbula wrote:
    The trick to that, find a stool or table that is the height of the stove shelf, place your bread there, then move that table and stick the stove there.
  11. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Or you can raise the loaf of bread vertically using the Ctrl key plus the mouse wheel (Ctrl+Alt for smaller verticle increments) from the ground, then placing the stove over/around the bread.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I would like to be able to select from any tier tradeskill writs. This way if you are drowning in a certain tier raws (usually only provis probabaly has this problem, I never delete raws, I'll find somewhere to store them if I need to), or if a lower tier is priced better today, you can do those. It should, of course, give the lower status amount, but why not let it be an option?
  13. ARCHIVED-axl_2baz Guest

Transen wrote:
    I didn't know that was possible ... Thanks a lot
  14. ARCHIVED-Nebbie Guest

Please increase the density of harvesting nodes in ALL of the Echoes of Faydwer zones.
    Yeah, if you could go ahead and do that, that would be Great :)
  15. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I needed feyiron so I could do some tradeskilling/leveling for this past bonus weekend....well I spent most of the weekend just trying to get 200 feyiron....hours upon hours....doing EL & Zek because I also took the hungry halfling quests as a bonus. I already had about 53 feyiron in my bags before I started. There is a real need for more ore nodes in these zones. The ore is too scarce. When it takes over 15 or more hours (I harvested everything) to get one stack of feyiron...there is not enough ore nodes. BTW I got at least 8 items from the halfling.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Having leveled many tradeskillers and harvesters, I agree that tier can be difficult. A fix for now is harvest in Cove of Decay, in southern thundering steppes, which you need access to (see wiki for details and quest). It's T4 and has nodes and mobs, so as long as you are sending your high level adventurer you're ok. Zone in, cherry pick the rocks your own zone till your heart's content, zone out. No lockout for harvesting.
  17. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

This week for my wishlist:

==Ranged weapons that are used for throwing-type ammo, I would like to see the type of ammo these ranged weapons require in their info/examine window.
    Would like to see the info for ammo changed to reflect the fact that specific types of thrown ammo no longer require specific types of ranged leather weapons.

Personally, I really can't tell by the name that a bandolier is used for throwing axes or that while a pouch is used for shurikens, a sachel isn't. The ammo itself tells you which ranged weapon they require and I think it's about time that the ranged weapons tell ya which ammo they are used with.

-note: bows and arrows are pretty much self-explainatory but might as well give them the same treatment.

==Would also like to see the amount of food/drink made per combine increased. 5 per combine would be fine..can either increase the cost of fuel or the amount required per combine...either way would work.

==PvP mentoring needs an overhaul. The point of having mentoring available in the game in the first places was so that regardless of level, friends/family/ect could continue to play together.

...Okay, that has nothing to do with tradeskills but I just couldn't think of anything else I'd like to see added/removed from tradeskilling that hasn't already been added recently. Big kudos to our tradeskill dev
  18. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Personally, I really can't tell by the name that a bandolier is used for throwing axes or that while a pouch is used for shurikens, a sachel isn't. The ammo itself tells you which ranged weapon they require and I think it's about time that the ranged weapons tell ya which ammo they are used with.
    Transen
    I doesn't matter which one of these you use, they will accept any thrown weapons.
  19. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

My wish list:

I've said this before on multiple threads, but we need more plain clothing in different colours, ie. plain black tight pants, a plain red shirt. When I say "plain" I mean with no additional colour striations, no kneepads or elbow pads, no side panels, etc. Just a shirt, pants, skirt in one colour. There's already the rewards for the void tempests that do this with boots and gloves.

I would like to see the opuluent outfit in black, possibly with silver piping, but I'll take gold. lol.

I would like to see more boots like the vampire illusions give. And make them knee-high.

It would be nice, with Duggin's rewards, to combine them. So say you have 6 sets of the knife, fork and whatever. That can be up to 24 pieces. It would be nice to have the option to combine them into a "place setting" if you have equal numbers of all the components. This would go a long way towards cutting down item numbers, at least in my house.

Thanks for being awesome, Domino!
  20. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    Well last I checked, you HAD to have a particular type of ranged weapon to use a particular type of ammo and if you tried to mix and match them, you'd get a message that you were out of ammo.

...But who knows, maybe they ninja'd a change in that made it unneccesary. I'll log in and check for myself..and edit this post with my results.

Results:

You were right, can now use any leather ranged weapon with any thrown ammo (arrows of course still require bows :p ). Not sure when they changed that but..whatever.