Troubadore Mez - Duration/Recast Changes Needed in PVP

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ecno, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Ecno Well-Known Member

First off, DO NOT remove this effect in PVP... it is a KEY element for the class and there is no doubt they need it.

The current problem with it in PVP is the short recast on it, enabling them to use it literally 3-5 times in a 1-2 min fight. They can mez someone for 6 sec roughly ever 20 seconds (6 of which the opponent is mezzed). This is giving them an unfair advantage that enables them to regain control of the fight without hesitation everytime its up. For classes such as myself (Ranger)... it is a huge bane because it enables them to get within melee range on me MULTIPLE times in the same fight after I have already been mezzed, broke away and regained my ranged advantage. Being mezzed 5 times in a fight that is a hair under 2 mins is absurd IMO and something needs to be done to balance this effect in PVP.

From what I understand they also have 2 mezs, one of which they usually use because it doesnt require them to sit still while casting and it has a 15M range with a very very fast cast time ( 1/2 sec or less)

I am suggesting the following changes...

#1) Increase the duration on their mez from 6 seconds to 8 or 10 seconds in PVP

#2) Increase the recast on their main mez so they cannot immediately mez you when mez immunity drops. Currently the recast is so low on their mez, if immunity wasnt present they could literally chain mez you over and over. So the recast needs to be made longer then the immunity by a fair amount to give classes time to counter/recover after their mez has broken.

#3) Increase the immunity to mez from mez effect from the current 15 sec to 30 sec (this way they wont be able to mez you with the other mez 15 sec after their main move and cast mez breaks) If you leave the immunity the same as it is currently, they can just cycle both mezs and have the same effect as chain Mezzing with their current move/cast 15m primary Mez.

Thank you for your consideration and I hope that there is a balance that can be found to improve the over all PVP experience for everyone.

Ecno
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I disagree with #2. #1 and #3 would be enough, while still allowing them to mez different targets.
  3. Ecno Well-Known Member

Yep increasing the immunity to double or more would significantly improve the balance while still allowing them to mez other targets. But honestly, why should they be able to mez multiple targets at the same time? Shouldnt the spell be bound to only one person at a time while it ticks? and then once its off the said target... you could recast it on whoever you wanted, but not the same person again since they would have immunity still.
  4. Ecno Well-Known Member

I cant update the post/edit, but I found out that immunity to mez isnt even 15 sec, its basically next to nothing since the immunity system is broke. It needs to be looked into and not just mez immunity, stun, stifle, root etc. The entire immunity system is not working correctly, go test it for yourself.

I am going to be doing some thorough testing of it today and I will post back up with factual immunity times for mez, stune, stifle, and root. Also with some data to show recast times on these spells... so you can actually compare and draw a real conclusion to the way its working... not the way SoE says its working right now.
  5. Healface Active Member

Why are you double-posting?
  6. Ecno Well-Known Member

Well I just did some thorough testing with friends and everything appears to be working correctly, although we were unable to test the rogue end of stuff or stupefying poison YET. So I have no problem admitting I was wrong, the immunity system appears to be working correctly... which starts from the time the CC effect hits and lasts double the length of the CC itself.

The only one that is a little off from my research is the Troub mez, which actually is giving a longer immunity then the actual mez duration in PVP.

The problem with Troubadore mez is just the extremely low recast... roughly 8 sec according to Vacos video. So youre mezzed for 7 ish and 1 sec later its already ready to recast when your mez immunity is still ticking. As soon as mez immunity is gone, you can be re mezzed. So in other words... start the fight, mezzed 7 sec... immunity for 10, re mezzed for 7 sec, immunity for 10... over and over and over. After testing this with Coercer as well, they can do the same thing... mez for 5 sec, immune for 10 total... (5 after the mez breaks) and their recast is only 2 sec. So they are also able to chain mez you over and over with only a 5 sec window inbetween each mez.
  7. Ecno Well-Known Member

All testing was done on LIVE with LIVE players on the Island of Mara... not through duels or arena or BGs.
    I apologize for the previous inaccurate data on duration/recast and immunity timers... thankfully after testing it I know the exact issue has nothing to do with the duration or the immunity system being broken.

The issue with this mez is merely the fact is on such a low recast and the immunity to the mez effect itself is very low. Thus why you can be mezzed multiple times in the same fight.

Also when Troubadore mez terminates, you are stunned for 2.5 sec of the 10 sec mez immunity that is ticking down (after the initial immunity duration while your are mezzed). So in reality you are being mezzed for roughly 7 sec... then stunned for 2.5, basically 10 sec of doing nothing.. and then 2.5 of your mez immunity/freedom is ate up by the stun. So you have roughly 7 sec of immunity from mez after the stun drops.If you cure it with a freedom of mind... you could have a full 10 sec of immunity. The recast on freedom of mind though is much much longer then the entire fight will ever last, so you really can only be immune from the stun portion one time in a fight to benefit from the full 10 seconds of mez immunity. Every time you are mezzed after that the stun will effectively just lengthen the mez from 7 sec to 10 (2.5 of which you are stunned without a way to cure it). Then 7 seconds later you can be re mezzed... and this process repeats itself over and over and over in the fight.

I dont see how this can be acceptable in PVP... the immunity from mez effects should be much longer then double the duration since the recast is soooo low that they can always cast it when your immunity drops. An immunity of 30 seconds or more would fix this problem and still allow the troubadore to mez other players while the inital player mezzed is still immune. This would also still allow them to take control at the beginning of the fight with Mez like most Troubadores do, but it would not allow them to abuse the mez to regain control of the fight time and time and time again til they win.

I will also be doing some testing on the Beta server to back up what I have found/learned in due time once I can get some friends to help.

Thanks...
  8. acoloss Active Member

+ you could use a runed victim skull lol

strange no one else has a problem with troubadours
    Epixz likes this.
  9. acoloss Active Member

after you getting BPS nerfed to oblivion, you continue to attack my class because you have died 7 times to a troubadour.. yet every other ranger kills me very easily.. even with Bagpipes solo...

these sort of attacks are not really welcome...

A Troubadour without Mez/Charm/Stifle are a ranger with 1/100th the DPS, in PvP.

Charm was removed..
    Stifle was made useless (2second duration with 5aas)
    Mez nerfed so we can no longer debuff while mezzed due to the short duration and haven't to disabled a buff to start debuffing.. or remove items (rune of blastings).

when will this hate going to end torwards me?

admit defeat..

because an inexperienced ranger (although i do think you are in the top 20 PvP rangers on the server) can't beat an experienced troub, does not mean you have to keep going on this nerfing rampage.

out of 20 fights against different rangers in the last 2 weeks i've lost to everyone of them except you...

just stop
    Epixz likes this.
  10. Ecno Well-Known Member

Acolos this is a place for constructive posting, not bold face BS lies... your ego amazes me though still. This has a lot more to do with overall PVP balance for multiple classes that go up against troubadores than just Rangers.

You do a lot of assuming and it makes your statements very false... I did not test anything in DUELS nor did I ever say I did. I tested every single thing on CC immunity with live players on the island of mara as I have already stated multiple times but you just continue to believe otherwise even though you werent even there.

You need to realize this is more then about you, its about balancing ALL classes to provide an even playing field for ALL classes not just your class or my class.

You can continue spewing BS and lies about losing to 20 rangers or 20 assassins except me and Xeos or w/e you want to say... the fact is you are completely lying to save face for your class. You have not been getting defeated by Rangers, Assassins or a majority of the classes out there.

As for BPS you admitted time and time again that it was far too over powered in pvp the way it was and that it needed a nerf. Now that they reduced it to a much more reasonable level you are complaining and blaming me alone for this when there were multiple multiple multiple experienced PVP players that asked for it, yourself included.

Troubadore without mez/charm/stifle isnt what I want as I have clearly stated... although you continue to just say un factual things and putting words in my mouth. Please stick to facts and things that I have actually said and you can quote... if you cant quote it then I clearly didnt say it.

Once again saying no one else has problem with troubadores right now is a bold face lie... same as saying that you fought 20 rangers and they all beat you except me. Guess what I know all the Q rangers, we talk... none of them are putting you down right now with BPS the way it is (full heal in pvp on low recast) and with your mez spamming abilities.

Please stick to constructive posts with factual data to help come to a positive out come for PVP overall and stop pushing your self centered childish posts where you clearly having nothing to add other then a bunch of rage and lies to attempt to save your class from being balanced like it needs to be.

You dont see me complaining because they dropped my prestige endline burn dmg in half... no I accept that its for the best and that overall for everyone in PVP it helps balance things.

Youre perfectly ok with the Assassin and BL changes being made, even though you are dominating those classes in PVP right now despite how over powered they might be.
  11. Cynicisim Active Member

Let us get one thing clear.. Vaco is not every troub. So stop asking for nerfs to a class based on one troub you cannot beat.

I am so tired of a few scouts crying about troubs. Do you know how many pvp rangers and sins and swashis and brigs there are compared to troubs? Wonder why that is?

Now there are complaints because troubs are able to solo rather than be LFG just to step out of a GH? Troubs not being an easy update must really upset a few.

Mez has been in the game a long time and NOW you think it needs the immunity checked? Rather than asking for an "adjustment" why not learn to play against the class. Many have been learning for a long time. Have you never faught a troub before Vaco returned? You cannot kill every class 100% of the time and you cannot kill every player 100% of the time. Deal with it and move on.

Furthermore, at the rate you and a few other HIGH DPS scouts are crying troubs will end up as nothing better than the troub merc.

Have to wonder why nobody had a problem with troubs until Vaco started posting his vids. Not a single thread about it before that. I see a lot of bad troubs being created and they die just as easy as any other bad player.

~remove mercs from pvp~
    Epixz likes this.
  12. acoloss Active Member

you are comparing me dominating classes to dominating Xeos and You (ecno).

This is not a good comparison.
  13. acoloss Active Member

how did your original results (now removed) show that a troubadour could mez instantly when mez runs it's full course unless you was in a duel? ...
    p.s. the mez rarely runs its exact 10second duration.. a troub would have to be a perfect timer to do that... and then a perfect timer again to mez again after immunity wears off..

Ecno, can you give me a list of names of all these troubadours that are owning people?
  14. Debilitate Member

Ecno, can you give me a list of names of all these troubadours that are owning people? < Acoloss just accept that troubys need some balancing, asking for a list of names that r owning people is stupid because EVERY SINGLE TROUBY is beating EVERYBODY. Remember when DPS classes dpsed? and healing classes healed? and SUPPORT classes supported the group? Your class does all of the above....
  15. acoloss Active Member

yes its a bard and we do them all, but not well..
    you play a class that can kill someone in 5 seconds.. as does he.. .except he can do it from ranged..

someone else from the same video, hi Extension .. i'm sorry that i was the first person to beat you since tso a few days ago on your brigand Debilitate.. .

Debilitate, name me 1 troub.. please don't be a liar and say all troubs are owning everyone.. that's just a complete lie.
  16. Debilitate Member

Here i have a parse that will change your mind about your so called average trouby...
    (02:08) Babygangzsta: 43874 Rattleg-E'ci's frozen wrath-27103
    Parod | 15472
    Xloit | 12376
    Rattl | 9124
    Crros | 3712
    Igotw | 2102
    Buya | 933
    Meeka | 155
  17. Debilitate Member

A trouby just did 15k dps in a 2min fight and outparsed a swashbuckler... So troubys arent op eh?
  18. Cynicisim Active Member

Nerf all classes that can beat a scout!! (save dirges as everyone beats them). Are you saying that because troubs are "support" classes they should not be able to kill anyone? You failed to mention what exactly you want adjusted so is it everything?

I find it difficult to believe that all troubs are killing everyone.. Nerf Vaco because he killed you.. not the entire class. And Vaco, please stop killing all the cry babies for gods sake as they will get all troubs nerfed until we are replaced by a merc!!

I do not noramlly target individuals in forums but for someone (Debilitate) who is always bragging in chat how he owns everyone to come crying.. I find that rather funny.
  19. acoloss Active Member

show us the parse break down of his DPS please.. with screenshot...

so, parody swapped to a troub from dirge since yestarday?

but.. in a 2 minute fight that's not out of the ordinary anyway, with al temps vs a lot of people, with 2 blue aoes
    i'd like to see the breakdown, show screenshot of outgoing dmg for parody, cheers :)
  20. acoloss Active Member

wouldn't surprise me if he hit mobs or used precharge VC..
    as i've never seen parody own anyone in a 1 v 1.. no offence, i just don't think he solo pvp's.
    I know he's probably great in PvE