Troubadore Mez - Duration/Recast Changes Needed in PVP

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ecno, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Owli Member

Troub do not deserve a heal in pvp, period.
  2. Cynicisim Active Member

Again, posting in every thread because a troub owned you is just redoculous.
  3. acoloss Active Member

yep.. someone just got owned ;d
  4. Delethen Active Member

love you too owli ;)
  5. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Please.....
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

There are so many ways to get out of being mezed and it's a class defining skill that is tactically used to gain control over a fight. I don't get why there is an issue here.... People are making it sound like there is an army of troubs and chanters just slaughtering all of Norrath.

Come on people... get a grip here.
  7. Luanne Active Member

I think troubs damage is a bit OP , when you see them doing 5-10 mil dmg in a bg fight, most of it is procs? If you add up all the numbers from one hit which procs 8 other hits and grand finale for example it can be close to 30k (and it's magic dmg). Not sure why they can do mage like damage and cast while moving but that's how it is, all the troubs combat arts do more dmg in pvp than they do in PVE if u check the tooltips, LOL :p
    But then again Illusionst dmg is crazy too (and they have way more cc). It's funny how a lot of the non t1 dps classes are outdpsing the t1 dps in big fights
  8. Mimixx(2) Member

Owli what class is your main?
  9. acoloss Active Member

grand finale hits for about 5k-6k in PvP... and that is only 3 procs every 2 or more minutes... tbh, deadly dance probably is better overall... i just use grand finale solo because i can at least do 15k dmg in total (all 3 procs), with some luck of it doing a bit extra.. more for the scare factor that they get when they see themselves lose some HP at the start (or during).. then after that, there is nothing.
    The Dev's can easily test CoD so doesn't really matter what you say about that.

30k in procs?? that would mean i could 2 shot almost everyone.. lets work it out with average hits on someone with pvp gear.. and i'll even add chances of proccing everything else i have:
    This is the dmg I could do in 3 hits, once ever 2 minutes.

Main Nuke - Perfect shrill - - 4.5k
    Potm - 1.2k
    Grand Finale - 6k (being generous)
    chance of aria of magic - 1k
    Jesters Ruse (assume i'm jestered cap) - 700dmg
    other extra procs total - 1k

< 15k dmg? and that's with everything on, being lucky with every proc, CoDs 3 procs (every 2 mins?), using my biggest nuke.

don't listen to other people :) .. on some rare ocassion, you might get a lucky high proc, and also on people without PvP gear you can hit harder.
    you also have to not get hit back (killed in 5seconds by any dps class), not be evaded, move at the same time, .. in a BG you can just spam buttons, not the same.

the reason why there are so "high numbers" is because of many low dmg aoes with fast recast.. every attack that troubs use is an encounter/aoe attack, even though my biggest one does 2.5k on average. The dmg of a troub is small, it's the procs from enchanters, summoners, sorcerers, that add everything up.
    + in an actual fight.. a mage can kill someone with run/cast buff before it runs out.. so running and casting isn't really anything special nowadays.. . and.. bards are supposed to cast and run in Everquest.

These are the attacks we have. On a PvP target, i've looked over a wide range of fights in ACT and took the averages.

Perfect Shrill - Single Target - 4.5k dmg average.
    Painful Lamentations - Encounter Nuke - 2.5k Average
    Tap Essence - Encounter nuke - 700dmg
    Chaos Anthem - Encounter Dot - 500dmg - Gets cured, dot is useless
    Thunderous Overture - Blue AoE - 2k Average
    Reverberation - Blue AoE (if specced for it) - 2k Average?
    Sonic Interference - not been using it lately, but it's like - 200 dmg encounter dot.

These are the attacks that you are talking about..

2% of my dmg is single target DPS in group PvP (in an Epic High End 6 v 6 :))

now think about what you are saying when you say troubadours are doing high DPS... Arrow Barrage ticks for 5k?? and that's one attack.. and 1 example :)
  10. Broan Active Member

I fought a 2v1 the other night, troub dirge vs me, the dirge got **** on. The Troub must have pre-loaded his victorious concerto because each tick of it was hitting me for 10-15k on top of every thing else he casted.
  11. acoloss Active Member

yep that needs a fix
  12. Dequi Active Member

Mez is survivability and compensates for low single target DPS for this class.

Rogues / Predators need nigh on 5 secs to kill a target, appropriate use of the Charm (item) or simply pulling a low con mob onto you is all the immunity you need to get you tokens.

Can't use vessel any more so cry nerf.
  13. Luanne Active Member

I'm not talking about random troubs here, i'm talking about pvp geared, pvp speced, and grand finale crits 10k along with tons of other procs, the single target damage is quite high. Granted it's not instant and debuffs have to be loaded which takes a few seconds but once they are loaded you can go from 100-0 just like troub is t1 dps (aside from broken classes ofc). The difference between a bad/undergeared vs good/geared/right spec is tremendous.
    You make a determination if something is OP based on the majority of the players and that's not how to determine it. Someone who knows their class and uses only the OP abilities and aa and does it in the right order, that's what has to be adjusted, and for the normal player this won't change a thing. in fact it will help "non hardcore" players because they won't get instantly killed by some of these abilities, and i'm talking about all dps classes here.
    I kind of miss the long pvp battles where you had to use strategy to win instead of just who has the most dps, or which group has broken classes.... you had to power drain, cc, pick focus targets, etc. group vs group battles took 30 mins sometimes which to me is a strategy game. Having 3 second fights is more like FPS game , shrug..
  14. acoloss Active Member

ok.. name these troubs that are doing this? because i would like to copy their spec...
    you've seen my videos? i've never killed anyone in less than 15 seconds.. most fights vs a geared scout take a minimum of 30 seconds... that's assuming they don't deagro or cause a problem.... when they do "fight" back it takes a lot longer.

name me a troub that can kill one of each of the following who are top of their class,:
    answer and give me their name and i will choose each of one of these classes.. and the troub will lose

Brigand
    Swashy
    Assassin
    Ranger
    Necro
    Warlock
    Wizard
    Illusionist
    Coercer
    Pali
    SK

I'm sorry, but if I can't beat these people that are the best of their class in a 1 v 1 more than they can beat me, then troub's are not anything like what you are talking about:
    If troubadours receive a nerf they will be the most useless solo class in the game.. as i have been playing the class since the beginning, I've mastered it.. so if i'm dying now to other classes, how on earth is the standard troubadour supposed to kill anyone???
    I already gave you a run down of troubadour DPS... it's encounter dmg, that's why they are parsing 5mil+, when they have illu/summoner/sorcerer.. or it's just a long drawn out fight in which no one is dying.. and many many classes can do the same, including a Fury.. needs nerf?? no

it's obvious you don't know what you are really talking about.. because troub debuffs do nothing in PvP...
    Grandfinale hitting for 10k? i've never seen this happen except on someone with bad gear or not wearing PvP gear, or 1 in a 1000 times..... i've seen it hit for 8.5k being lucky (high crit), but for all 3 triggers to hit for that much is like 1/1000 chance, the average hit is 5.5k.. and that's 3 triggers ever 2 minutes???? first you say 15k, now you've gone down to 10k? can i ask who you are and what class you play? and do you actually play on nagafen server in EQ2 where adventure comes alive? as i have read everyone of your posts and none of them are related to the same game that i am playing.

i've just merged a couple of months of solo and group fights in which i use CoD (i use deadly dance normaly in group, unless it's a pickup group).
    Bear in mind, that more than half the people i've fought have bad gear, pve gear, or not even lvl 95 + people with mercs and pet.. i normally preload CoD to kill those, and it does hit hard on them... which is why the max you see is 11k.. so my average is going to be off.. against geared people, the average is < 5.5k... ..

[IMG]

it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about or have a grudge.. everyone of your posts is a nerf class post.. everyone.. read them yourself

here you can see people with bad gear, good gear, average gear, and some lucky crits.. latest attacks of grand finale.. also there is a blue Tison

[IMG]

next page:

[IMG]

on this second page you can see how much it hits on delethen who has decent pvp gear.. 4k and 4.4k.
    all theothe rhigh hits have no pvp gear or are very new.. i've not even heard of them before.. which normally means they are new, and don't have full PvP gear

please, if you don't play the PvP game at the end game, then refrain from posting the comments you are posting, because as well as them being wrong, you are just not helping the game... plus every-time you post some nonsense i will just prove you wrong.
  15. acoloss Active Member

page 3
    [IMG]
    page 4

[IMG]

page 5
    [IMG]

from all these you should be able to see the bad geared people, the good geared people, and the lucky hits.

every 2 minutes (after a 30second buff) being able to do 15k total on someone with good gear is OP? please, just stop.

you've tried to target everything so far and been wrong or lied

what class do you play?
  16. acoloss Active Member

This is against Biotic.. a warlock.. we've fought in a setup 1 v 1, 10 times.. we have both won 5 each.

This is how hard it's hit him, and he was using lvl 92 and now some 94 gear.. but at least he's using PvP gear so you can get a better average:

[IMG]

note.. the 11k hit was on Stamper Jareff.. no idea what or why he was in the parse

ok, just checked. 3 of those 40 grand finales were on a merc + omelia... everything else is biotic

on ecnomorc, the average was 6k.. although in the later fights it was less, probably upgraded gear.

babyganzsta average 5k

debilitate - 6.6k average (wearing no pvp gear, but has 100k hp).

next grudge attack please..

if you tell me who you are and what class, i'll tell you how to win/improve if i've been killing you over and over
  17. Karpov Member

You make very little sense. Should base if something is OP or not on a fully pvp geared and pvp speced toon of one class? What about the other 90% who play that class? Your post is nonsense. Nerf a class based on someone who has taken the time and effort to be good and cast in the corrrect order and it will not affect the "normal" player because they would suck anyway? I read your post and that is what I come up with.

Grand Finale does not crit 10K in pvp. Lucky if it hits for 6K in my experience.
  18. Luanne Active Member

Since were speaking of troub hits, here's one from a random not extremely well geared troub in bgs:

(1361226589)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:49 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Poison critically hits YOU for 485 poison damage.
    (1361226589)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:49 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Perfect Shrill hits YOU for 4171 mental damage.
    (1361226589)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:49 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Grand Finale critically hits YOU for 9826 magic damage.
    (1361226589)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:49 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Energetic Melody critically hits YOU for 569 magic damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos hits YOU for 683 slashing damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Poison hits YOU for 463 poison damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Intoxicating Notes hits YOU for 896 magic damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos' Grand Finale hits YOU for 6014 magic damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos critically multi attacks YOU for 1213 slashing damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos critically hits YOU for 437 slashing damage.
    (1361226590)[Mon Feb 18 17:29:50 2013] Crushbone.Pechitos critically multi attacks YOU for 294 slashing damage.
    That's about 1 second or less of time, and it adds up to almost 25k damage. Again this is just an example and you can look up his gear on eq2u. With better gear i'm sure this number would be over 30k.
    If you notice grand finale did 15k damage (two hits at same time, one didn't crit, if it did that would be almost 20k)
    shrill also did not crit, so again it would be even more dmg if all this crit (which happens a lot) so this is a rather bad example :p
  19. acoloss Active Member

thats 2 ticks of grand finale, and must have been insanely lucky with the 10k one (i didn't hit that hard out of 180 procs).. can i see your gear?.... are you sure you aren't wearing PVE gear? ;)

you can see the procs of people on good gear in the list of 180 procs of grand finale i listed, average 6k on people with mostly bad gear.. on someone in semi good gear 5k procs out of 40 procs...

15k from 3 procs of Grand finale on someone in PvP gear, once every 2 minutes, after a 30 second buff, is the minimum amount of DPS needed.. i think it should be upped to 5 procs imo. :)