[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Laodaron New Member

There's tons of stuff to do at 50, to include running alts, but that's besides the point. Level 50 is the END of this piece of the new server, not the maintained portion. If you're already 50, that's a great job on your part, but that doesn't mean that you get to destroy the economy, create ghost towns in the populated zones, and create an artificial race to the top. Do some solo quests and enjoy the game, stop trying to make ALL of us treat it like a job.
    WaxLyrical, Lunazen, beagley and 6 others like this.
  2. Tayet Member

Neiloch - Yes, that vote did count. Anyone with a character on TLE, whether they play it or not, could vote.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Whats rushing? whats too slow? whats too fast? Two months? Three? I mean if you already know the exact speed people 'should' be playing why not set it that way and get rid of the vote entirely?
    Nelie likes this.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would be fine in vanilla for another month, if the items were itemized, but you can only raid so long for treasure chests.
    or fabled gear that is +9 int
  5. Khraezi New Member

if you want to go thru the content at a faster rate, why not just make a progression guild on regular servers?
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

I voted yes, I was level 22 at the time. I'm not a raider, I enjoy questing. Classic for me originally was full of annoyances and I got extremely bored at level 50. I would be happy with a yes vote every 30 days until we got to RoK/TSO
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Chocoholic Active Member

Whew, I'm very happy and relieved. I am sure there will be future voting results that don't swing my way and at that time I will be feeling the disappointment that others are now.
  8. Blackdog Member

Neiloch, your avatar looks a lot like Jack Palance lol
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I am thinking.....what is stopping the vote from being "NO" next month because you go from level 20 now to level 27 by the time voting starts again? Sure, there is FAST way to do a quest, horses/sprinting/friends. There is a Normal way to do quests, solo/no Run Speed. Then there might be SLOW way (stretched out thinking here --->), reading every single thing in the journal and then stopping for the shiny then by that time you are hungry and want to go make something to eat then you come back start something new and takes you an entire day to complete what someone did in 5 minutes.

By that time, if someone was on the same pace as you, they are 3 quests ahead of you. Does that automatically make them a rusher to 50, if you were on the SLOW way?
  10. Aliramar Member

Considerable amount of live players created lvl1 toons on TLE just to troll the whole idea/project by voting NO over and over, personally I know several such people. A lot of live players rolled toons on TLE in order to buy cheap Kronoes. They're not interested in playing the game, they're here just to farm and buy Kronoes and they will be voting NO too, again and again, for obvious reasons. Let alone nostalgic role-players, who play like 1 hour a day, running around, smelling flowers and kissing squirrels. Surely they won't reach 50 in next few decades, and will be voting NO till the end of times. Heh, they want a real vanilla experience, eh. Poor guyz, they don't understand, it's not the same game they played back in 2005 anymore. But it's ok, arguing with such people is pointless. Let them have their vote rights.
    The problem is 2/3 is way too much, I can't say it's a thoughtless decision by DBG tho, let's not pretend here, they are interested in extending their milking cow's lifespan as long as possible... And obviously they know that requirement is too high and at least handful of next votes won't pass for sure.
    However, if they don't change it, the vote may never ever pass. I'm more than sure, September's, October's and November's votes gonna fail again by huge margin. Then bored and pissed YES voters gonna start quitting, so the 2/3 approval margin may never be actually reached.
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

It will kill the servers, as proven by.. history.

I mean, if you're more of a faith guy than a history guy, fine. I just don't really attend Sunday Mass too often, so I'd prefer to be aware of the situation than just hope it turns out okay.

This is a "Time-locked Expansion" server. Not a "Forever Base Game" server. If that's what you wanted, you too are playing on the wrong server. Just because your pace doesn't match up with ours, we aren't allowed to play the content we choose. Nobody is stopping you from playing your content if the vote passes, and since DOF provides precisely ZERO CONTENT for those under level 40, your precious commonlands will still be populated. Same goes for KoS. Nothing changes for you until EOF. Decline that vote all you want on these grounds.

Until then, you're just being obtuse.
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Interesting vote results. Not only did DoF did not pass, but according to Holly it was by a huge margin. This despite the "high" numbers of people already L50. So clearly, some of them voted no as well. It's interesting to note that several well known players posting here created L1 characters on Stormhold that haven't done anything. No doubt they're playing as someone else. Point is, if you want to progress at speed, there's still servers available for you to do so. If you didn't grasp the concept of "Time-Locked Server," it was going to be up to the vote of the players to move forward. Clearly, the MAJORITY of accounts said 'no.' Is it likely to happen again? Quite possibly. If this is something that drives you crazy, you may want to re-evaluate your expectations for being on Stormhold or Deathtoll. Some of you are clearly focused on the destination, while considerably more are focused on the journey. What's troubling is the patronizing and antagonistic attitudes towards the results and the vast majority of "no" voters. If you can't deal with that, in all honesty, you may want to consider creating a toon on a live server and having at it because this may not be the server that's going to serve your needs. And if you continue with the negative comments, you may unintentionally alienate a large section of the player population who control how fast the server actually moves.
    Mizgamer62, Sapphirius and Juraiya like this.
  13. Tayet Member

Please enlighten me to what there is to do at 50, that is actually worth doing? Ools is camped 24/7 by summoners AFK farming the nameds. LS nameds are all camped by summoners farming loot for plat. The instances drop nothing. The quests in LS were used to level up to 50. There aren't very many HQs, what do exist are mostly cloth gear (so useless unless you're a mage). The raids drop wood mostly, what fabled does drop is vanilla stats for the most part (so useless). The adventure pack gear is worse than quested gear we already have.

Yes, if this was ACTUALLY vanilla, we'd have lots to do. We'd be farming for that cool proc staff for every mage. Priests would be wanting the buckler off the rumbler guy. Prismatics would actually be HARD to obtain and something to work towards (not something you ask for more for in general and don't care if the person has apprentices and bad gear). We'd be GROUPING to farm those level 50 legendary sets, not just watching summoner after summoner solo the mobs for the chests. We'd all be fighting to be server first to clear and get the mythical (which was won within 2? hours of the adv packs being released). We'd be farming rares for MC, that used to actually be good. We'd be trading and bartering to advance our tradeskills. Tradeskilling would be hard and something you truly had to dedicate yourself to. Mastering out your toon would be TOUGH. We'd have all these goals to work towards and many of us would be LUCKY if we reached them before 6 months was out.

But, this isn't vanilla. This is unitemized, not balanced content that was not designed to be played with modern day game mechanics. Which means we don't have that stuff to work towards. All I have to work towards really is getting enough plat to buy the rest of my masters. And leveling the rest of my alts. Which, the first toon was leveled VIA QUESTING for the most part. Even my guildie that is doing quests grey for achievements is running low on stuff to do.

Unless the devs step up and give the 50s some stuff worth doing (itemize some stuff would be good), a lot are going to end up quitting before another month is out.
    Breta likes this.
  14. Eksaksudan Member

regular servers EQ2 died long time ago
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Then it's very much like the rest of the servers and you should have no problem either chronoing or creating a new character to play the next level of content there.

Again, unlocked progression is out there! You've probably still got characters on it, since you couldn't transfer them to TLE. This is like complaining to your local public pool because they won't put a diving board in the shallow end. The diving board is right there, on the deep end where it's appropriate. You want to dive, go play there.

And yes, I *did* just call the TLE servers the shallow end. I have, in years past, been a big proponent of letting the high-end players have the high-end gear and mobs and such, as long as they don't make having all that stuff mandatory to play the casual solo and small group content where I like to play, and as long as the lore is accessible. Ie, let everyone play the content they want the way they want. And every beta since DoF DoV (sorry, typo) has been a fight with the devs and high end players about making the solo stuff too hard for solo players who don't farm gear and reforge everything and otherwise min/max - a fight we the casuals are mostly losing. Then Sony announced the TLE servers. Progression controlled by the player base, stats and leveling harder yes, but not so hard that it's not solo and small-group friendly, going back to low level content with enough other people in the same range that we can get groups without much issue or go through contested content like Stormhold without having to kill every single creature because we're the only ones there to share the job of clearing paths. I know that sooner or later the vote is going to push things on, and eventually the TLE is going to catch up to the rest of the servers, but at least I get to enjoy them *now*.

edited for typo, said the wrong xpac
  16. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I want to play in Sinking Sands on TLE. You want to play in Commonlands on TLE.

Solution? Unlock DoF. I'll go to my zone. You'll go to your zone. We'll continue to never interact in any way shape or form, because you're clearly playing a different game than I am.

/thread
  17. Grymmstone Member

Well technically they have to play the character or they couldn't have voted. The vote was not sent out in your personal e-mail. It was via an "in-game" mail, so you have to log in a toon to vote. I actually voted on my second toon that is only level 10.
  18. Eksaksudan Member

Imho casual =/= the blind men without hands.. but todays end game TLE content designed for them.
  19. Tayet Member

They'd have to login, cast a vote and log out. I don't really consider that playing the character. Neiloch said they made a character and never play it, but still voted and hoped that vote didn't count. Well, it did, it does. Every person who is not actually a part of the TLE servers (like that poster) could have (and apparently some did) voted even though they have no interest in the TLE servers. So, answer to their question is... no, you don't have to actually play a character. Your level 2 on the boat still counted.
    Neiloch likes this.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This is a "Time-locked Expansion" server. Not a "Forever Base Game" server. If that's what you wanted, you too are playing on the wrong server. Just because your pace doesn't match up with ours, we aren't allowed to play the content we choose. Nobody is stopping you from playing your content if the vote passes, and since DOF provides precisely ZERO CONTENT for those under level 40, your precious commonlands will still be populated. Same goes for KoS. Nothing changes for you until EOF. Decline that vote all you want on these grounds.

Until then, you're just being obtuse.[/quote]

With all due respect to a great player, who's being obtuse is a question of perception. This vote is going to clear the air very quickly about what's going to happen on this server. You may want to revisit your phrase, "Just because your pace doesn't match up with ours, we aren't allowed to play the content we choose." You're absolutely correct; the entire population votes whether we move forward or not. Not a few players. And frankly, pissing and moaning about it after the votes are in doesn't help the cause. It makes those adopting that posture seem petulant. Sorry for you the vote didn't pass. You have two choices at this point. Deal with it or take whoever is feeling the same way and jump to a live server and have at it. The argument this will become a dead server may or may not be true. I don't think it will become that at all. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. I think what some of you may discover is that this server is occupied by people who are in no rush for the destination. That's not why they're here. The simple truth may be that this server caters to those people WANT and they form the majority of the population. Arguing which xpac impacts the players or doesn't is simply the wrong argument because the majority simply doesn't care at this point. Put another way, the tail isn't going to be wagging the dog on this server.
    Rhodris, Sapphirius, Juraiya and 2 others like this.