[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Thanks to all on the TLE servers who participated!

DEATHTOLL: Voted "NO" on the expansion. The 2/3rds requirement was not met by a long shot.

STORMHOLD: Voted "NO" on the expansion. The 2/3rds requirement was not met by an even longer shot.

We will re-run the Desert of Flames Expansion vote again on Sept. 20 - 27 for one week!
    WaxLyrical, cupit, Kein and 16 others like this.
  2. SeaJae Member

Well at least I can take my break from EQ2 now
    Dead likes this.
  3. Skratchie New Member

Just curious how the voting is already tallied when the post announcing the vote said it didn't end until noon August 28th?
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Can we get exact vote numbers, please? Not only would it be nice to see what the spread was, but it would also be nice to know how many accounts voted overall.
    Dead and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Desdemonya New Member

This can only mean that the majority of players are against the expansion. I would like to read the results ...
    IZELLIA, Juraiya, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  6. Windstalker Executive Producer

Correct on the dates, but the majority of votes were already in by a huge margin based on active accounts on both servers. More than 2/3rds voted against on both servers. That wasn't going to change between today and tomorrow.

We are still going to count votes until tomorrow at noon, but they won't change the result.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

You don't trust them? It's not like DBG is in Florida.
  8. Zeozx New Member

good to see people are wanting a real tle experience
    Madmoon, Juraiya, Siren and 3 others like this.
  9. Eksaksudan Member

f*ck yea! month without content, forget about EQ2 for a month, and playing 4rt season Diablo, thx guys)
    Dead likes this.
  10. Dauvien Member

Might be based on the responses and the overall percentage no that it was irrelevant to wait till the 28th (no longer mathematically possible to be yes or close)
    Prissetta, Juraiya, Siren and 2 others like this.
  11. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Don't forget to email me your stuff.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It's the 28th today for me :)
    Prissetta and Siren like this.
  13. Desaad New Member

14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the 'real' experience is.
    Kittybock and Dead like this.
  15. Darksong New Member

Delighted and not surprised, every single person I spoke to thought it would be silly to open up so soon.
    Blaupunkt, WaxLyrical, keyi and 6 others like this.
  16. Eksaksudan Member

+1
  17. Rosie Active Member

Real Experience: learning how to play your characters with no AAs, no merc, no uber raid gear, no nothing. Yes, I am having issues, but I am also having a blast while succeeding on my endeavors.

I do not in any way shape or form feel sorry for those people that rushed to 50 within 2 days and are now crying there is no content for them and they are bored. No one held a gun to their head and made them rush to 50.

My only complaint would be lack of quests from 20 to 30. There aren't enough of them. EOF, when that comes up for a vote, is gonna be tough call for me. I want the 20 tradeskill quest plus the questing in BBM and steamfont. So, gonna be hard for me on that one. Have to think about it some more.
  18. Rosie Active Member

<<whiner ;-)) with cheddar cheese of course.
  19. SeaJae Member

I don't understand where people are getting their facts from. How did people rush to 50 in 2 days when there are over 800 level 50's on the server right now? And this is only Stormhold. Do people not understand there are vitality potions in the game? If you put vitality potions in the game for money, congratulations, you're getting short term cash. That's probably all Daybreak was banking on anyway.
    IZELLIA likes this.
  20. Gorjuss Member

*sigh* either way there will be a huge group of people getting angry...some above are a case in point.

There will ALWAYS be people mad about SOMETHING even if someone gave some folks $100 they would complain it wasn't $200 :(
    Sapphirius, Naramsin, Belenos and 6 others like this.