[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's lots of quests in Thundering Steppes and Nektulos Forest.. you just have to click on things and wander around to find them. (a bunch on the desk on each dock as an example)
    Belenos and Kittybock like this.
  2. Dooh Member

Great news. I see no point in rushing through this experience. Yeah there's not a whole lot of T5 raid stuff to do. And what there is of it, is all ridiculously easy. Specially with focuses that were not supposed to have so early. But there's a lot of people that play that don't grind sheet out super fast.

Now lets see them server merges.
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I must disagree. Between the end of CL/Antonica quests which stretch into Stormhold, and the Steppes + Nektulos questlines, you can more than make enough XP to get to 30 and beyond.
  4. Rawyx New Member

I wouldn't be too bummed about this news if the content we are now stuck with for another month at least was fixed or close to it. The loot from raids is worse than runnyeye treasured gear. The raids are too easy and half of them drop wood chests. The gear shouldn't have every slot dps and haste mod it makes some classes useless. This is not a tle experience , it's just a lot of people who have 30-45 minutes to play each day that want to catch up. I guess I signed up for the wrong game when I thought this was going to be fun :/
    Dead likes this.
  5. Maergoth Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate.

The impact of a passing vote would enable people to enjoy content they want, while allowing the other people to continue to enjoy what they want. DoF does not mean people cannot play base game stuff.

However, a vote failing means people who wanted the expansion cannot play what they want to play.

It goes from being a win-win scenario to a win-lose scenario, with the "winners" in this case being people who voted as they did because they are scared of change, not scared of what the change might bring.

The same thing happened on EQ1 and killed the Fippy server. Voting became a thing, opposed to content-driven unlocks. Everyone was scared to pass expansions / too much time between expansion release. Server lost tons of population. Currently dead.

With their new progression server, they actually sped up the unlock process on one of their servers because a large portion of the votes wanted the expansion immediately. Here, the poll was just a simple yes/no, so such a thing isn't even ascertainable.

Even with their more flexible unlock strategy, they hold a vote every 2 weeks. Not every month. And it is restricted to people over level 20 (Which is like.. 2 weeks of work or more. As long as it takes to get 50 here.)

Honestly, they learned from their past experience with progression servers. "As soon as it's beaten" is too quickly. "As soon as the majority wants" is too slow.

It would be wise to not make the same mistakes they did, and end up with a suffering population.
    Especially on the PVP server, where population enables PVP, and will viciously spiral into oblivion in no time if not careful.

And as the guy above me said: It wouldn't be so bad if there was actual content worth doing. Hopefully the people delaying the expansion aren't doing so with hopes of enjoying anything over level 40.. because there's not so much to enjoy.
    Tharrakor, Neiloch and Dead like this.
  6. Eksaksudan Member

Uber gear from "new Vanilla" >>>>> AAs + mercs + all, stats on new treasure gear 10-15 lvl >>>>> end game vanilla epic gear in 2004-2005... and 90% raid bosses on 50 lvl die less than one minute from only autoattacks..
    Dead likes this.
  7. Nelie Well-Known Member

Can we put the lvl 30 cap back on voting? I really wonder how many No voters were under level 30 (but then again curious how many voted yes as well pre-30). If the 30 cap was on this vote, do you think DoF would of passed?

I wanted DoF to pass. I don't play much but have a character nearly to 50 in adventure and is at lvl 50 in tradeskill. Guess I will hit cap and go play on live servers since gear is really trivial at this point of the TLE server.
    Tharrakor and Neiloch like this.
  8. Perijn New Member

This no vote result was the best news I got today !!!!
  9. Juni Member

If you play on the server. you should be able to vote. 2/3 voted No. just deal with it. you've got another month. maybe next month will be different. who knows.
  10. Dead New Member

Are you kidding me? The entire first expac end game content is completly unitemized. Run any of the end game raiding dungeons 3/4 of the loot will have zero or negative stats.

Logged into Freep side of Deathtoll lately? Ghost town.

(Has prismatic weapons, done splitpaw and Tomb raids)
  11. Tayet Member

Since we have another month of vanilla content, can devs update the loot or something? It's kinda boring doing raids and getting old stat fabled level 40 gear. Quest stuff is better. Overland stuff is better, but every dungeon/overland zone is camped by summoners who can solo all the heroic content in the game atm. Only thing to do at 50 is make alts once you have your prismatic.

As for "rushing to 50" erm... no, actually took it rather slow. lol Did groups, dungeons, quests with my spouse, a looot of HQs. Got to 50 before vital pots even existed. Also got a level 50 crafter, it was 40 before vital pots came into the game. It's not like the only people 50 are hardcore raiders, there are a lot of casual players at 50 now too.

If there was actually any content worth farming at 50, with gear that wasn't vanilla stats, it would give the 50s something to do. And we wouldn't mind staying in vanilla longer. There are a couple of pieces that got updated, but a lot of them did not. Some gear has stats like -136 invalid.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I do find it amusing people taking such joy in other people not being able to enjoy more content. A yes vote wouldn't have taken away from lower levels, but a no vote stops anyone who has gotten their current fill; punished for playing the way they wanted. Its quite malicious.

Then again I don't even play on these servers, i'm just finding this low level 'holier than thou' attitude amusing. Do people think that the people who wanted the xpac unlocked will jsut continue to play at 50 or go back to lower levels? lol. Seems like the same logic PvP'ers use, thinking if PvP is the best/only option all the PvE'ers will just 'convert' instead of quitting outright.

EDIT; lol I hope this vote didn't count, i had a level 2 i made on one of the first days and I was able to vote. If that type of vote is counted you have made a huge mistake.
    hwy101 and Maergoth like this.
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

If so few voted yes, then the population should not drop all that significantly because they wandered away to do something else for a month.

I am not using any XP potions and am finding that I am leveling faster than expected just working back and forth on Qeynos and Halas stuff, but then I am doing all the quests I can find. I play on Stormhold very casually, so I can see someone more diligent than me making 50 long before a month is up. However with no AA to work on, or chronomancers, it can feel like there is less to do that is constructive, especially as no matter how 'hard' it is compared to live, it is still not like it was at launch.

And I can agree that some folk are just darn spoiled by how things are now on the normal servers.
  14. Eksaksudan Member

Will be again same, after month without content.. half today's 50 lvl (those who voted Yes) will leave game
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The ability you are talking about here exists - it's called the every other server in the game. It's not like this is Drunder, and playing on TLE means you're stuck there with no access to your other characters on other servers. PVPers have more to lose because non-TLE PVP is going away, but other than that, if you want to play the DoF content and the majority of the server isn't ready to yet, head back to your original server and play it.

Honestly, the first time through the game ran 6 months before getting its first xpac. Currently we have the base game and two adventure packs in the first month. It's not going to kill anything to take things slow.
  16. Master Nala Member

This is a specious argument. It most certainly DOES affect everyone when the level cap increased. The first and biggest effect is inflation. As earning potential increases, higher levels can lavish money and attention on alts that work to the detriment of those whose highest level is lower.

Next there is the fact that level increases invalidate content. Right now I see groups working on Speak as a Dragon and other 50 cap content. Once the cap is 60, it's going to be much harder to get groups. Which means that people will be stuck soloing it at level 70+.

Additionally, having more content and features spreads out the playerbase. Again hurting folks for groups.

More power inevitably removes challenge. The KoS and EoF AA trees will drastically change the game on the TLE servers.

There is a detriment to people who want to take their time and enjoy the content. Just because you all can't see it, doesn't mean it is invalid.
  17. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

yeah the whole thing is just dividing the communities, and pitting them against one another. We have people already trying to campaign ( which honestly I find that hard to type about a faux political campaign over a video game) on voting no the next time through already. How they would know that they want to stay in the same expansion by the end of the coming month is irrelevant, they choose to vote no without concern.

Its unfortunate that this is creating a climate where people are trying to punish others because they havent arrived at the destination yet. I find the fact that people are insulting people who play this game alot more than others to be wrong as well.

and to be honest, I bet the dev team is very pleased, because these guys just helped the dev team push a possible deadline back. They dont need to work on deathtoll or stormhold expansion release, DBG collects peoples money for another month.

at the least I hope this makes the players on both these servers expect positive changes to balance the playing field for PVE and PVP.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

And people are pretty much done at 50 because this particular set of content is severely lacking. It might be different for other unlocks though. The only way it hurts sub 50 is MAYBE economy. People who are at 50 aren;t going to be there watiing when the slower ones get to it and want to do level 50 content. If anything this vote will make getting 48-50 stuff done HARDER, not easier.

Like I said, the logic that all the 50's will stick around and create an very active high level environment is extremely faulty. This isn't a regular live server.

When EQ1 did this they also had two different kinds of PvE servers, one that votes and one that is on a set schedule.
  19. Twizle Member

I agree Nala on all points and is the exact reason why I voted no on the new expansion. If people want to rush through the content they picked a wrong server to do it on and may wish to move or start another toon on a live server.
    Svenone, WaxLyrical, Lunazen and 8 others like this.
  20. Eksaksudan Member

Currently we have the base game and two adventure packs which aren't balanced on new game mechanics and overpower gear, where 1 group does more DPS, than 24 players 10 years ago.. today killed x2 contested raid mob 56 lvl, with 4 players - guard + defiler + necro + fury.. And another x2 boss (Knubed 56x2) was killed with necro pet MT tank! :D
    Trintel and Neiloch like this.