[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Loudshirt New Member

One point that people seem to miss is that they will lose far fewer players going slow. If they go slow the rush to level crowd will leave until the next unlock. When it unlocks they will come back rush to level that content then leave. If they unlock content too fast people who wish to go slower will leave and never comeback since it will out pace them.
  2. SeaJae Member

Have fun being bored in a week and a half. The only thing to do at 50 is make a new character and level it up (probably by buying more vitality pots for seven dollars a pop)

oh wait, was this part of Daybreak's plan..? /sigh

I'm just baffled that a good portion of people who voted no, did so because they are not at that point in the game. They will be in a week or two and then will realize how boring end game is. There is no challenging content, no gear, and nothing to even do other than farm for loot to sell. It's saddening. The server had potential but is now on a halt.

There is simply NOT ENOUGH end content in Vanilla. I'm also laughing at people who are bringing up the "Oh we were in Vanilla for a year when the game came out". And to those people, I give a simple 'Are you kidding me right now?'. Please, PLEASE think of how the game was back then, and then PLEASE try to compare it to how it is now. If you can do that, and make a reasonable argument, you're literally a god to me. The game is SO much different now, and is CLEARLY much more fast paced. Vanilla is horrid, and it was horrid back then. The game was so dry in the beginning, it isn't even funny.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Ultimately it doesn't matter. Over 2/3rds of the server population (1 vote per account, not per character counted, over 2/3rds by a long shot according to Windstalker) voted no to the unlock. DBG are abiding by that - the players have spoken. Complaining and carrying on like a trained seal because the vote didn't go the way some people (obviously less than 1/3rd of the player base) wanted is going to accomplish absolutely nothing except annoy folks in the same way that a whiny child annoys their parents when it doesn't get its own way.

If the vote had gone the other way, we would have had to live with that. /shrug It's a GAME after all - not real life. Ultimately it doesn't matter.
  4. Goldheart Member

Don't let the screen door hit ya. Can I have your stuff?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

i did a drive-by heal on someone today but unfortunately, silly warden, i got aggro and the mob chased after me and ... lol, oops
  6. Goldheart Member

See ya.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Goldheart Member

Rage quit: everybody wins.
    Wirewhisker and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  8. Lunshea Member

Why buy vit pots to reach level 50 quicker, when you say there is nothing to do at max level?
  9. SeaJae Member

Why kill 5000 boars when you can kill 715 boars?
  10. Lunshea Member

Because I'm having fun killing boars. If you don't like killing boars, why play EQ2? :)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. SeaJae Member

I can only run up and down Runnyeye so much before I want to off myself
  12. Breta Well-Known Member

The fact that you're having issues only means you're bad on your character since the content was actually designed around not having any aa,mercs nor uber gear. On the other hand the abundance of dps mod on most treasure gear actually makes the vanilla trivial since this stat wasn't itemized on the release.
    There is a simple fix for this issue, make the encounters hit harder with more hp to counter the extra power gained from blue stats, that shouldn't be on TLE in the first place. Having worthwhile drops would help a ton too, but I understand that devs resources are limited and focusing on something that will be obsolete in a month is a simple waste of time.
  13. Lunshea Member

Then go Nek. :)

Oh, well. Guess people just have different missions on the TLE server. I enjoy doing group content in all tiers, with different classes filling different roles. I have one level 50, and a handfull of other toons spread through all tiers. I don't use vit pots, I think leveling is fast enough without. In my opinion, the TLE vitality boost is way too high. I would like to see vitality back to 200% and group quest hand-in XP boosted dramatically. Playing the content and doing the quests should be just as rewarding as mindlessly killing boars in RE.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. SeaJae Member

I do agree about questing, however it just isn't. =\ The only point where questing becomes better is Feerrott+, simply for gear. After you get the gear, it's back to the grind!
  15. Bayfia Member

Well, I'd like to say that I'm disappointed about the outcome of this vote, but frankly, I'm thrilled. I deleted my Warden 15 minutes after I got into Qeynos (I was so disappointed that people were telling me that I was supposed to move my character off the Isle onto the mainland in Halas. For GOD'S SAKE! There was NO HALAS in the Old Norrath of 2005! There was NO Darklight Woods, and NO Nariak.) This is the first sign I got how disappointing the TLE servers are likely to be.

Now you've got 1/2 the people on the server getting upset about the lack of new content because the other half is controlling the progression by voting No on the Sands of Ro content. Furthermore, you've got people still racing to level up to 50, without doing the work to enrich their lives, without, I presume, doing more than the minimum number of quests (the story content) to level up. You can take a bowery boy out of the bowery, and dress him up like a noble, then plop him at the dining hall table in a manor, and he's still a bowery boy. This is what we have here, a bunch of spoiled "21st century Norrathians" trying to pretend they are "old world" Norrathians.. NOT! Even the world isn't "old world" - it's just a fixed up copy of the original Norrath. I have to laugh.

I am getting people in my guild on Freeport Server (who are enjoying the joy of flying mounts, and Prestige housing, and all that goes with the full game) who have told me that they came back to Norrath after a long absence to see the TLE content on the new servers.... and Guess What? They Don't Like It! After trying it, they quit and started over in the Full Game on Freeport, and we've got them in our Guild! Our guild is growing by leaps and bounds! So if you grow tired of the Purist Politics of the Time Locked Servers, come back home to your home server and discover something you forgot! You can start a new alt on the original game servers too, and go all the way through all the quests, all the lands, all the zones, and learn new things, see new places, discover the joys of Norrath from the Air! I did! 3 months ago, my Warden on Freeport was "born", and now she's 100 & 100 Sage, and she's got her Mythical Weapon. You can pick a nice home in Gorowyn or in Kelethin, and run around in the Living Tombs and *oh yes* the Court of the Djinn Master in Shimmering Citadel (that's in Ro too!), or even rent a house in Maj'Dul!, decorate it and post it on the Housing/Leadership Boards.... You can see it all, do it all, and miss nothing, and you don't have to be in a Time Locked server to do it, where somebody dictates whether you can have your level 50 Sands of Ro content, or not!
    Moonpanther and Belenos like this.
  16. Lunshea Member

Grind is only better if your mission is to reach lvl 50 asap (or if grind is the kind of gameplay you like).

The reason why I quoted your post in the first place was your "Have fun being bored in a week and a half." I think the vote result tells us most of us see no point in rushing fastest way to 50, but rather enjoy the ride. I can't see my small TLE family of toons will all hit 50 in a week and a half...but maybe when next vote is up they have :)
    Sapphirius likes this.
  17. Schemer Member

I read through all threads about DoF unlock, and still can't see any reasonable answer, how DoF unlock will affect on low lvl experience. You don't get any new spell until proper lvl, don't get any uber gear, don't even get any AA which surely affect gameplay, there is no new low lvl zone's which can affect other zone's population. So can you answer me, how DoF unlock will change your game experience?
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

It's a shame it didn't pass! I feel like there isn't enough room for all the ppl lvl 40+ now. There aren't enough dungeons as they are all contested and camped 24/7. Someone said That raising the lvl cap will screw with the broker prices and the economy for those behind. Well what do you think aaaall them summoners is busy doing now camping every named around cap? Hording plat and Kronos! I can't stand watching them anymore..

Someone said that "taking things slow will not kill anything". It does when there's NOTHING that slows you down. Content is so easy and vit potions are too good and plat is too easy to make.

Someone said AA trees from KoS and EoF will make things too easymode. Everything is already easymode. KoS and EoF were balanced around AA, vanilla was NOT balanced around blue stats and capped AGI/STR/INT/Wis. Besides we need AA for some damn class balance..

Some ppl seem to think that "this server was made only for me" because they like to snail their way thru the game and they didn't have anyone to do it with on Live. A lot ppl need a reason to snail thru everything, rewards and whatnot, something to do and acquire! I know a player who has EVERY tradeskill class and working on LOADS of adventurers at the same time, she voted no because she is not at cap, strange huh? Many ppl like play one toon because this is an RPG and u play what u like, those ppl will get to cap before all of your adventurers get to 15 simply becuz they like to play one toon.

And I cant believe the ppl saying "learn to play your toons without AA and powerful gear, that's what TLE is about".. What's there to learn? Autoattack and press whatever isn't on cooldown?
    Breta likes this.
  19. Schemer Member

What is grind in your opinion? When you doing grp quest in RE, you killin hundreds of con mobs and you lvl up very fast even without vit potion, same thing for other dungeons or for example Rivervale with 100 nightblood killing quest, I get 2 lvl in a 1.5 hour just compliting this quest, L&L and lenguage. So just by doing grp content you will grind, you have to.
  20. Lunshea Member

I understand that you are disappointed about the vote result, but that's how democracy works. The slow leveling players are not more egocentric thinking "this server was made only for me" by voting no, than the other players voting "yes". We all vote in our own interest, to adjust the pace of expansion roll-outs according to our own playstyle and available playtime.

Hmm is this a huge problem? Spent 3 hours in a full group in Soulsek yesterday on my lvl 50, didn't see one solo summoner. Then again, I play during EU prime time, might be worse when US is awake...

I'm at cap and voted no :) Still too many projects in the 1-50 tier...

Totally agree. Content is generally way too trivial. If this is how EQ2 played out in vanilla when it comes to challenging gameplay and content, I understand why another game won the subscriber race :)
    Kittybock likes this.