[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Amoon Member

this gal gets it +1
  2. Louly Well-Known Member

Hey Rawyx with an attitude like that I can't say I'm sad to see ya go.

I'm glad the vote was no. For the first time since about 2008 I don't feel like I'm in a mad, never ending rush to level.
    I missed so much in the hurry up mode that I am really enjoying the TLE :)
    Arconiat, Lodrelhai, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  3. Hurikane71 New Member

I think this is my second post ever. So I read thru all 5 pages of posts and a rough count I see 4 maybe 5 people crying about being 50 and not getting a yes vote. The majority of players seemed happy with the no vote. This server isn't like the cotton candy, wussified, PC world we are dealing with when you are a small minority and you cry and moan about being held back, not allowed to play how you want etc. Guess what, the rules clearly state a 2/3 vote to unlock. its that simple. No matter how much you whine and cry that will not change. Actually you may piss off some people that will keep voting no just to spite you. The server will progress when 2/3 of the people vote yes and are ready to move forward. Very surprised some of you haven't started a change.org petition yet... SMH. Life isn't always on your terms, Life sometimes moves slowly and you have to deal with things you don't like. You learn patience, how to deal with things you may not enjoy and you move forward. You can either find something to do on TLE, go play on Live, play another game til it unlocks, Unsub honestly your options are almost limitless. No, I didn't vote on DoF as I have been playing on Live. Have a great day.
    Juraiya, Rhodris and Sapphirius like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am having a blast and personally I wouldn't mind at all if we stayed where we are till the beginning of next year.
    The live servers are still there for those who want to rush to the top.

I thank the community for making it possible to stay where we are.

I don't often give credit to the devs because I don't often agree with their decisions, but I thank you for meeting us halfway with what you have done with TLE, I know there was a lot of work involved and I know a LOT of us really do appreciate what you have done here.
    Thank you for giving the players the choice...really a good business move.

Now how bout Xploding the moon again and let our suburbs come back from the ashes... one can wish ;-)
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

YES!!! I am so happy to read this! When it was first announced that the vote for DoF would come a mere 30 days after the server launched, a lot of us complained that it was waaaaaaay too soon for an expansion vote. In my opinion, it should have been at least 90 days after the server went live... if not longer. Of course, I'm also a slow leveler. Stormhold Boglily is only level 23, but that's not why I voted no.

We have 11 expansions, and if a vote comes up each month for a new x-pack (and passes), then we'd be looking at lvl 100 within a year. There'd be no point in even having a TLE server if it's going to be exactly the same as all the other servers within a year. THAT's why I voted no.

Besides, it gives people time to enjoy Bloodlines and Splitpaw. However, I wouldn't mind if the devs did some reitemizing for some of the old dropped gear and raid gear. That'd super be cool. I mean, I know I'm not there yet (not even close), but I have friends there. I hear them complain about the gear.

So do I! I was running through a quest in Qeynos and had long forgotten that it would spawn three level-appropriate heroics on me. After my feign death failed 6 times in a row, I was so toast, but a kindly barbarian was passing through and scraped me off the cobblestone. I went on my merry way after that. I'm meeting far more nice and helpful people on this server than I am jerks, and that's kind of nice.
    Tylia, Juraiya and HaphazardAllure like this.
  6. Malachy Well-Known Member

Great news! I'll vote yes next month. I think every other month for a new xpac is a happy medium. The people that are complaining seem to forget we just got 2 adv packs and a super majority rules. If we still don't have DoF by December, then sure, I could see valid reasons to whine.

I do find it funny that the PVP crowd that threw major, endless fits about having a separate vote because they were terrified PVE would vote faster just got a wake up call...they always seem to be out of touch with "their base." Deathtoll will be dead by the time either would have gotten to an RoK vote anyway, which is where they were most concerned about going past.

Anyway, thanks DGC for keeping your word on going with the majority vote. Don't let the minority rule, this isn't the US Congress non-operating on filibusters. ;)
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Sapphirius like this.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I had no idea that this even happened. I really should follow the forums more often.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

If you followed my logic, and you didn't, you would realize how wrong your comment is. Unlocking DoF does not conflict with any other content because no other content is available in the 50-60 range. Same goes for KoS. It's not until EoF that you see additional low level zones being released that thin population and change itemization.

So yes. I'm convinced that releasing a server with up-to-KOS right from the bat would be vastly superior to these servers in every way, for low levels, high levels, crafters, decorators, PVPers, soloers, groupers, and raiders.

Getting to that point ASAP is in everyone's best interests, whether they believe it or not.

You want to enjoy low level content? You'll have plenty of time to revisit it when AAs go in and you're mentoring down to get those named kills.
    Ardur Duradan and Neiloch like this.
  9. Grouse Active Member

By not taking vitality potions or buying anything to help and mainly moving forward solo, I am having to work to advance. The big positive for me is that I am discovering quest lines that I need now to advance and which I have ignored since the beginning. It is amazing how much is "new", because I always skipped it.
    Phyr, Adevil, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  10. Zansobar New Member

This is absolutely great news! I hope we can stay in vanilla EQ2 for several more months. Might give time to level up several alts and get crafters up to 50.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

Why don't the NO voters go to live server and create groups like they are telling us YES voters to. I mean, lets both go to live servers. Since you want to stay vanilla, form a group for...idk...Stormhold. I will create a group for Hidden Cache.

Just to save any of us the experiment, I will say you will probably not (nor would I) get the legit levels to even form a group for our zones.

LIVE SERVERS ALREADY HAVE WHAT TLE SERVERS HAVE, JUST FYI. ;)
    On live servers, you can disable your vit and veteran bonuses, and even any server bonuses.

So again, go ahead and tell us YES voters to go to Live servers if we want DoF.
    Madmoon likes this.
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I challenge you to find one post that has more contempt and malicious feelings for other playstyles than their own than this post has. I might be able to dig up an ancient one from flames, thats about it.

This whole thread is a testament to the fact that 'casuals' are definitely NOT inherently nicer than hardcore players and possibly even more vindictive. Its quite interesting really.
  13. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Plus, the attitude of some of the people blows my mind. I guarantee if the vote passed, you wouldn't have people coming onto the forums just to say "Glad the vote passed. Now you have to do DoF content for another month! Now no one will have time to level up their alts and crafters!"

Just some weird, elitist puritan stuff going on here that I can't really wrap my head around. Like people are proud they resisted the expansion.

No. Just no.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Eggfu Member

so lemme get this straight... there are ten US servers with all the possible content, and people are throwing a tantrum because they can't drum up enough support to vote for addition of an expansion - that came out a year after the game came out, mind you - and it isn't added to the exactly two new servers that don't have it... after a month?

why are you goobers even ON the TLE server?
    Madmoon, Belenos and Wirewhisker like this.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That same exact argument could have been made against the TLE servers in general with just as much validity. "All the base game is there on the live servers, why do you need a TLE server?"

It just doesn't work on any level and people keep making it.

I still think the biggest mistake here is level 1's could vote. It really should be redone with level 10+ at the very least.
  16. Eggfu Member

so you're thinking there's some kind of conspiracy where people whose entire _paid_ accounts only consist of sub-L10 characters, and they're the ones that voted down the expansion? i had five votes, one for each account, and i voted four nos and didn't vote on the other.
  17. Eggfu Member

and as to the "base game is there" blah blah blah nonsense, um, no. deathtoll contains a pvp ruleset that is different from nagafen and harla dar, and you're not going to be a L10 character running into someone that's a L14 in fabled mastercrafted reactant gear with 320AA that they bought chipping off a small chunk of their millions of banked plat.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Actually I know for a fact people were selling votes, saw quite a few of them. I'm sure people lobbied to get votes from live servers as well.
    I was referring to the PvE server specifically.
  19. Eggfu Member

oh, okay. i did NOT vote on stormhold. i have no characters there, so i have no "skin in the game," as it were.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

Been there done that. Did not enjoy the experience half as much as I enjoy doing the content AT THE PROPER NATURAL LEVEL now on Stormhold. I don't want to be an overpowered solo player. I want to group with others of the same natural level and taking my time to see what I missed because on the live servers everyone was at end game and no groups were happening at the lower levels to get groups I had to skip content and get PL to endgame.

I am one of those that came late to the game, excuse me for wanting the so called vanilla experience to last longer then one month. You seem to think that all we want is to do quests and revisit places we've been before. Well some of us didn't even get to visit those places the first time. why don't you stop assuming you know what is best for everyone else you don't.