[TLE] Results of the Desert of Flames Expansion Votes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well I voted for unlock if it matters lol. I wanted to see if I got a message saying it didn't count or something.

But its pretty ridiculous that I could on a level 2 I logged maybe an hour game time on. It should have AT LEAST been level 10+ limit. I wonder if they can check it retroactively. The people in favor of not having DoF SHOULDN'T have a problem with it since it help make sure its more legitimate votes, unless they are being disingenuous of course.

I mean i openly said I dont play on the servers, have no interest in ever playing on them and that what I did play didn't even amount to 2 HOURS of play YET I have a say in the fate of the server. How is this not a huge red flag?
  2. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Well, I appreciate your tone, but the fact is.. the misconception in all of this is that a release of DoF will negatively affect people who want to play in base game. Honestly, I don't see it affecting base game nearly at all. Whereas NOT releasing DoF certainly negatively effects players who have finished base game and want to move on.

I think there is an inherent problem with a decision like this. I'm not going to get into game theory here, but effectively.. people turn a "Win-mostly win" scenario into a "lose-win" scenario out of either greed or fear of what the other option may result in.

Which is not how decision making should be done.
  3. Plasmapuppy New Member

Excellent. Clearly the vast majority are pleased and enjoying taking in all of the existing content at these levels.
  4. Madmoon Member

I disagree. For myself, one of the reasons I joined the server was to be able to move on to the new content with everyone else. I'm not at 50, I'm not ready to move on. Simple as that, no more no less. I was not "scared" of anything. What I want is, when I am 50, to move on with a large amount of people who will be ready to engage the new content.

Now, I may get to 50, and that large group still is not ready. Fine. It's not about me. Or the next vote, I'm still not 50, but this time it passes. Fine as well. It's what the players want, it has nothing to do with being scared.

The reason this server works for me is that it is so easy to get groups. I am from AB, the highest population server. Any of my sub-100 toons, I can run LFG all day, and not get a nibble. It's because everyone is scattered everywhere, soloing or with their guild. Here, as soon as I throw it on, I got someone needing my help. I'm enjoying all the content, again, as a group player, not just soloing/guilding my way, as I do on AB.

Redmouser
    AB/Stormhold
    Rhodris, Mizgamer62, Marilia and 5 others like this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

It's OK, more 50's will rise to take their place.

Hopefully the next crop will be less prone to throwing a temper tantrum and bailing if they don't get their way.
    Rhodris, Mizgamer62, Marilia and 7 others like this.
  6. psychiea New Member

HEY NOW.... i'm in florida :)
    Belenos likes this.
  7. Raetear Member

They may have a branch or two..
    Mitten likes this.
  8. dmartin248 New Member

Glad to see that the content did not open. There is so much content to enjoy just in the original material.
  9. Kraetec Active Member

It's too bad there wasn't a third server created that would unlock every month or two without a vote. I have to admit, I'll be surprised if the majority of users stick with any of the TLE servers for over a year or so, regardless of how things go...so, I'd prefer to have a chance to see some of the content I missed (when I quit EQ2 after playing full-time for 4-5 years back in 2009 or so) before some other game takes me away.

The TLE servers are doing very well because it's that time of the year when there's very little else being released to compete for players' time. After a few months we'll start to see new games coming out and people will grow weary of EQ2 and/or the TLE servers, especially as the novelty of the nostalgia effect fades.

I know this is not a popular sentiment that I'm expressing and it's not overly optimistic, but I do feel that it represents reality and a very strong possibility for the future.
    Trintel likes this.
  10. Sunscour New Member

Well one thing I DO know for sure, I DIE ALOT!! :oops:
    I would like to publicly thank all of the fine people out there who brought me back to life and killed stuff that was killing me.
    Rhodris, Sapphirius, Siren and 4 others like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this is to funny I expected the pve server to want the expansion more than the pvp server and they did not
    I leveled up so fast that I ended up with gray quests over and over again
    there are lots of quests you can do to get from level 30 to 40 and onward
    far sea quests and heritage quests dungeons and instances especially in Neck forest you got to go all the way to the back and not expect to find all the quests by the doc
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Rawyx New Member

Off to play some blizzard games. This **** is a joke and false advertisement. D3 season 4 tomorrow anyone. My tag is Rawyx#1574
  13. Phyr Member

If your on Stormhold can i have your stuff?
    Mizgamer62 and Wirewhisker like this.
  14. robben666 New Member

"Honestly, the first time through the game ran 6 months before getting its first xpac. Currently we have the base game and two adventure packs in the first month. It's not going to kill anything to take things slow."

the first time thru was a lot harder than this vanilla TLE server we've been given.. xp has been boosted not at all like the original game they sooo conveniently misplaced or erased or whatever they claimed to have happened to it.. so any comparison to the original game is ********. i mistrust anyone that says "lets have a vote" and then keeps the whole thing, except the results, secret. lets deal with facts; Daybreak is here to make money and anything they do is to that end ..hell they would tell you the freakin sky was falling and that the world is going to end if you don't play their game if they thought it would make them a few more pennies...they will release the xpac when they think it will have the most financial advantage for them and not before ..
  15. Mercadie Blue New Member

Can I get a reality check on why you would think that just because you've attained level 50 that you're somehow more important than any other player that voted?
    Madmoon, Alenna, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Good news. I'm level 29. I'm happy.

I may not be 50 by next month, but I'll probably vote yes anyway as I think I'll get close and I also feel 60 days is more reasonable. Still quick mind you and I won't be gutted if it gets a no vote then as well.
  17. Mitten Active Member

Please elaborate.
    And D3 lolz. What a top game.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Kristabella Well-Known Member

LOL Following your logic, open up all content and people can just stay low level till they are ready to move on, this would allow other people to continue to enjoy what THEY want........

They ALREADY have this, please make a toon on a LIVE server and enjoy till your hearts content.

This is a different server for a reason, if you opened up the content it would be no different than Live. They would rush to 60 the want a yes vote, then rush to the next level cap, then want a yes vote...

If you don't want to be capped, if you don't want to play by the rules that are voted on within the community, go to LIVE.
    Tylia, Madmoon, Lodrelhai and 2 others like this.
  19. Lucida Member

SeaJae said:
    <I don't understand where people are getting their facts from. How did people rush to 50 in 2 days when there are over 800 level 50's on the server right now? And this is only Stormhold. Do people not understand there are vitality potions in the game? If you put vitality potions in the game for money, congratulations, you're getting short term cash. That's probably all Daybreak was banking on anyway.>

Dude, Have you forgotten that on the TLS there are NOOO vitality potions? They took it out to prevent PL players as to get less complaints about how there is nothing cool going on when they automatically assume that the best stuff is reserved for the max level. Your argument is very invalid Seajae (tried to reply to that but failed)
  20. Phyr Member

HUH?? MAybe on PVP there are no Vital potions but on PVE there are. for both Adventure and Crafting.