The reward from new collection.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by dkpc1983, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Karagon Active Member

Devs? Any reply? Wanna know to get collections or not...
  2. Breta Well-Known Member

Totally unneeded. Only reasonable explanation I could think of is that they don't want more people who don't read forums or channels to find out how bad the reward is.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

or. more likely, they didn't like the idea of someone using someone else's instance to farm shinies, leave, come back in get more shinies, leave, come back in get more shinies, for the 3 days they have a cleared instance.

like I get a pug, run a group zone, leave group, bring my bot that can see the next color tier, and now he has a free zone he can just zone in and out of for 3 days to farm. he'd get that little 30 ,in lockout but who cares for that in zoneing in, that's nothing, and the zone will refresh, thus more shinies.

now, he harvests, gets a lock out and he'll either have to actually run the zone, or wait til at least he gets another group to do it again.

and I don't see why everyone says Finisher 4 is terrible. 55% more potency, vs allied, which is like 45 crit and pot..oh and only in a group. and only if 3 or more people are within like 3 meters of you. so any fight you have to spread out on, it does nothing? or I get 55% potency all the time, solo or not, spread out or not, and then another 150% when the mob hits the halfway mark. how is that not a good thing, compared to a less amount of potency, but some crit bonus?

maybe fighters and scouts might complain on that since they use melee more so then anything...but I don't see why a mage or a priest wouldn't LOVE finisher 4 neck. 55% more potency on heals? 150% more when the mob is half dead?

maybe they should make a second option with more melee oriented things in mind but the neck seems pretty damn nice for a mage or priest.
  4. Breta Well-Known Member

What you have just described has been going on since the introduction of invisible shinies and persistent zones ie. RoK. So I ask again, why now?

First nobody who will eventually get this neck care about solo. When you're in group, how many fights are there where you have to spread out? One named in heroic afaik + couple of raid scripts but you will still have lots of people around you. The reason why reward is so underwhelming it's because it requires tremendous amount of effort and it's not in line with previous collection rewards. Another reason why it was such a huge disappointment is that you can get slightly worse version of Finisher from the easiest aom vanilla raid.

Last but not least I don't think you understand how the effect works. 55% is potency so it works on both heals and damage abilities. Another 150% works on damaging abilities only ie does not affect heals and most priest maybe except for fury, would never consider using it over allied neck or cb one.

So yeah it's bad.
  5. Reevar Active Member

"This torque was once believed to be warn by Queen Lenya Thex. It radiates with power."

Even the Queen never wore it ;)
    Wurm likes this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

So...there's 1 item, the mythril ring, that good for anyone. there's the dead man's thing from aom, that's good for dpsers only, both mage and scout...and not there's a neck that's slightly better then a raid neck, that can be gotten without setting foot in a raid zone and is dps mage oriented. doesn't seem that far out for me...except there's no priest or fighter options for the last 2. and no fighter/priest/scout option in the last one?

as to RoK and the shinies...those were found in contested areas, not instances, so there was always competition for them. in AoM and RC and no Fabled they are in instances only. so no competition for them for the people who run a zone, bring int he alt that has the ability to see them and then every 30 min use a cleared zone to farm them care free.

but hey, their game on that one, so maybe they are seeing somethign about how fast some people are gathering these or selling them and decided that it's not how fast/easy they want it coming into the game.
  7. duckster Active Member

Shinies dont respawn as the instance shuts down after 30mins and they despawn anyway if not harvested.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

They just want to make it more of a crappy grind than it already is.
  9. Kander Developer

We're looking at upgrading the current reward.
    Xyno, Wintir, Daalilama and 9 others like this.
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

Thanks much. A very slightly upgraded version of an item that dropped from the entry-level raid zone in the previous content tier is definitely not in line with the risk-reward we've seen from the previous two collections. (Well, time-reward I guess... not a whole lot of risk in easy heroic content. :p) Heck, the effect on the 4-combine cloaks is AMAZING, literally orders of magnitude more of a power boost over previous content than this shiny reward... and you can get that from advanced solos as a relatively common drop.

Would be nice to have a wrist or ear with a very special effect on it. I dunno, just something that feels special, like the previous two rewards.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

Thanks please verify the reward benefits all that may want to complete..pet classes..tanks included!
  12. duckster Active Member

ETA on the upgrade?
  13. Enigma Active Member

Yea make sure it shares with pets! The "finisher" effect does not help summoner's!
  14. charliez New Member

really happy to read this as i logged in tonight to complain. it doesnt need OP tank stats but some to make it worth while for tanks would be nice. i really liked how you guys handled the ring upgrade giving 5% mit so it wasn't as painful giving up a 6% mit piece. was already kind of hard to use the hempen losing on tank stats but the dps was just too hard to pass up. Even still, something that takes us this long should be a no brainer upgrade to all classes.

it still kind of sucks we have to have tank cloak/belt to swap out with the 4 mergable pieces as well while other classes benefit from the merge cloaks and have no use for others. they dont have to be OP either, something small like 5%mit/block so losing the larger %'s on tank pieces isnt so harsh.

before someone says tanks don't need dps pieces id remind you that you need a tank to run the zone and why do tanks want to run zones atm for things that will not benefit their class? I dont mind helping guildies but it would be nice to have a reward i can wear in raid as well.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

The cloak and belt are amazing for tanks if you have enough other mit gear to be able to wear them.

They added a min of 400K to my molo dps. I average well over a million + in AS zones due to them. And much more in heroics where I have all my allies buffs.

With the AS fabled belt and cloak and my other gear I'm sitting at 21000+ mit self-buffed which is more than enough for all heroic content (and if I need a bit more mit I of course have items to switch out). I can't wait to finish both the heroic belt and cloaks and switch them both out, but my dice hate me...
  16. Sounson Active Member

Please God, weapons equivalent to the KoS fabled collection
  17. Zishan Member

Is there a list of the shineys required collecting to complete this collection, I couldnt see on wika.
  18. Wintir Active Member

Please throw in at least one category of true tank stats.

Thank you.
  19. Karagon Active Member

I was gathering collections since launch of the zones, running 3-9 zones per day, and I was taking all collections from the zones for myself. And I still require 1 collection from the last 3rd row of invisible shineys. Just think of how usual people would gather them when they would have to roll with everyone - for months at least - much longer than for any collection in any previous expansions (I do actually like that system of steps to get collections)!!! (Those who already gathered them - not only got all collections for themselves - like me, but also used multiple groups to farm for them - like a person on our server did - good that it was already fixed).

Reward should be appropriate to that time spent, and should be better than two last ones - ring and charm.

Please, add +55 CB AND + 20% for all stats clicky (Kerafyrm orders III), AND + 60 potency to heals in heal stance (as far as if healers would like to use damage stance - they could use finisher proc at <50% mob's HP instead) - that would fit all classes and somehow be appropriate with that super long and hard to accquare that neck.
  20. wind Member