The reward from new collection.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by dkpc1983, Jun 27, 2015.

1. jasonx Member

That would be so simple and yet so perfect.
  2. sojuc New Member

i tottaly agree with this suggestion and that would make alot of folks happy!!
  3. Breta Well-Known Member

+1 this change would make it useful for most classes.
  4. kluxor Well-Known Member

From the update notes....
    The Finsher IV should now provide the correct amount of potency

No crit bonus for us it seems....or mit for the tanks
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well it better provide more than 115 potency on the passive part then if they want me to ditch my raid CB neck for it.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

I've been testing the necklace since I got it, it's a fun item and would have been a great item if they had of listened to us and added some CB.

But to be honest about the mit, I dropped 19% mit to wear it, and as far as heroic content goes I haven't really missed it. And I always have my old neck to switch out with if a tough fight demands it.
  7. Doomey Active Member

it doesn't, even if it gave me 200 potency fulltime the cb neck would still be > the way it affects auto attack. this item is still pretty crap and needs to be redone entirely. grats to sorcs i guess.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The way dirges work I don't think there is an amount of potency they could put on the neck for them to want to use it without it being insane for other classes.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The scout changes? Oh awesome. Yeah guys just get it, wait two months and hope upon hope the changes we don't even know the exact nature of will make it worthwhile.
  11. Luciar Active Member

The update is pretty awesome- for some classes. I understand that not every piece should be universal, however this is a collection reward. Collections are universal to all players and are rolled on across groups no matter the class. Some players choose to invest large amounts of time, platinum, or both to finish the collections. Because the reward is unknown until someone loots and shares it with the rest of the community, many players could have been lead astray by the promise of a strong collection reward (if they don't happen to play certain classes).

The fact that it does not apply equal benefit to all classes is the major concern here. The Mithril collection ring from the original AoM collection series is an example of a mutually beneficial item for all classes. In ToV giving different options to choose from was a solid way to avoid disappointment.

Perhaps make versions of fighter, mage, scout, and priest specific effects that are upgrades to their respective (easier) raid or heroic version, but inferior to the end-content raid version of the effect if it exists.

In regards to too much potency, try hunting down some jewelry that benefits both CB and potency, or just CB alone to balance your stats. It's out there- I'm hunting for it personally. Compensate additionally with AA and white / purple adornment decisions that optimize your lacking stat. It can be done.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if it is being suggested that tanks make up for the lack of "tank stats" elsewhere and benefit from the increased damage output (therefore hate production) generated from the damage effect / potency. Then that leaves where healers will really benefit from this item, other than the passive worn effect, which is still nice- but not nearly as beneficial as it is for other classes, namely sorcerers and poison users mainly.
    Wurm likes this.
  12. Mankar Active Member

lolwut? I'm already mad about how much potency I have because I have too much raid buffed and haven't yet gotten my CB items I'd much prefer (and would significantly increase my parse/VCs). They already proved they won't buff bard CAs relative to other scouts, so I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Just no.
    Breta likes this.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

Are devs calling it a day after the 80 pot "upgrade"? I wonder if I should bother getting the last couple of collectibles I'm missing.
  14. Crychtonn Active Member

While I'd love to have seen some CB added to the neck like most people have posted. The thing I hate the most is the collections themselves. I hate that they went back to the old way of shinies were there is one super rare one in each collection. It makes the whole process of trying to finish each collection burdensome and tiring.

It was a lot better how the AoM and RC collections were done. I finished both ring and charm collections on multiple toons and never minded working to get those shinies. This new collection with the one super rare one in each collection you need to get super lucky to get makes me feel I won't finish this collection on any toon. Especially now that the servers are dead zones because everyone is over on the time-lock servers.

BTW screw buying the rare shinies. That neck isn't worth the 4-8K a piece people are selling them for. While all the other shinies in most collections are up for less then 100p. It's pointless to even buy the other shinies since the rare ones are so damned rare.
  15. charliez New Member

still sad about this piece not getting a proper revamp like the ring got at start of aom.

tanks get no mit or block or anything?

right now i have to switch out cloak belt and neck on hard fights while most other classes can keep the new cloak/belt/neck.

the second gripe would be for healers, especially templars who dont dps anyway. the cloak and belt are almost worthless from a pure healing standpoint compared to a pure cb or pot cloak. and the neck doesnt affect heals.

basically dps gets to tote 1 set of gear while healers/tanks flop out hardmode/trashclear gear.

this wouldnt be such a problem if it wasnt for the fact these items are special and universal.
  16. Breta Well-Known Member

I recommend you do the math again. Solo cloak will give you between 48 - 148 pot, depending on how many players you are group with. There is simply no other cloak that's even close to be that good for healing. With the belt it's bit more trickier, but it still increase chance for beneficial legendary fabled and mythical crit, which makes it what? You guessed right, great for healing.

This however doesn't change the fact that the neck with only static pot of 80 and no cb whatsoever is bad for most healers (except fury), bards and rogues
  17. Luciuz Active Member

I did some testing and sad to say the second portion of the necklace's effect does not work. Does not increase potency of damage abilities at all. Just going by the tooltips of my damaging spells while attacking a training dummy with no pet, no gear (except the necklace), and no AAs my numbers did not budge whatsoever. I wonder if DB is aware of this issue. Perhaps its damage ability potency to the target and we wont be able to see any numbers displayed to us. Kind of tired of having faith in things that are "incorporeal" or unseen.
  18. Luciar Active Member

If it is not functioning you could likely visualize the change (or lack there of) by analyzing ACT (unless you already did this in reference to the "numbers" you mentioned). I assume you mean your potency didn't increase post 50% HP of your target. If you do have the ACT numbers to back up that this item is indeed broken, consider reporting it as a bug at http://eq2.dgcissuetracker.com !
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Numbers don't display on Tooltips, been confirmed by Dev's before