The reward from new collection.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by dkpc1983, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

On average in general, one can assume a rough equivocation in that encounters will **generally** spend about 50% of the time above 50% and 50% below. With a little variance. Some abilities hit harder to start, some hit harder to finish. Some fights have script mechanics that take longer to push a mob from 100 to 50, some take longer to push from 50 to zero. Those sort of balance out in theory. Also, often guilds have charged VCs to enter a fight, which balances out against Verdict/Assassin Verdict, etc.

So overall, Finisher IV gives 120% potency when below 50%, just sort of tag that as roughly 60 net potency, hell, drop it to 40 if you want to be super cynical. If you add 80 to 40-60, you end up with 120-140, which is overall pretty nice.
  2. Breta Well-Known Member

Still it's fairly useless item for most healers, well tanks and scout aren't exactly excited about it either. It caters only mages, kinda failed itemization when you consider it's a final collection reward that should be of use to any class.
  3. jasonx Member

Right, it's 120. My math is horrible already without getting the base numbers wrong.
  4. jasonx Member

Sorcerers and predators. Summoners possibly if it's shared.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Finisher IV works for some classes fine below 50% - if it gives real potency it would be usefull for much more classes.

But with the patch today you really made my day - I told everyone it's a useless item für pet classes, (because Finnisher IV doese nothing to the primary pet) and with your improvement ist even more useless now :confused:

I know some day it will be fixed .. like the double cast earring :(
  6. sojuc New Member

ok lets say that 8% is a typo and they will make it 80% which is still garbage for a shiny meta reward ,very dissapointed > points at Kander!
  7. Doomey Active Member

Very upset with the change. I am guessing the potency is supposed to be 80 and the 8% was a typo but this item is still absolute crap in comparison with other options available for this slot. Needs to be changed yet again considering the work required to obtain it... It's serviceable to like 4 classes if that. Everyone else has far better options. It should at lease be somewhat competitive with other neck items.
  8. Caith Developer

8 potency from The Finisher IV is not a display bug, it's just a regular old bug. It's been fixed for the next hotfix.
    Beee, Mogrim and Luciar like this.
  9. Amaitae Active Member

Hello, could you please define 'hotfix' and when these are being done, thank you!
  10. Enigma Active Member

If this does not share with summoner pets(which I doubt it does) then they really made this reward good only for op sorcerers and assassin's. They can't balance this game at all nor can they provide equal rewards for all classes.
    Doomey likes this.
  11. Karagon Active Member

So it would be what? 80 potency? or? If it is just 80 potency then I just wasted my time doing that collections... A lot of necks is much better for me as tank. For DPS and for tanking both

Please add 50 critbonus at least... That's not even a joke a 10% to potency overall boost (after summing both procs)...
  12. kluxor Well-Known Member

Any chance you could give us a heads up as to what the effect should be? Woke up all excited this morning to take a look at what my neck changed into...

Bummed out that there's a bug with it but that's ok, will get fixed in sure

Quite disappointed though that it appears to be 80% potency. Between the new heroic wrists, fabled cloak, and other items my potency is 400+ higher than my cb is now (which includes me gearing for CB whenever possible.)

Please please consider changing to CB or a cb/pot split and toss a few block or mit% on there so fighters can have something worth using 100% of the time. I
  13. Celrath Member

Or why not just remove Finisher and make it an Allied effect that gives both potency and CB, then toss some mit or block or something so that fighters can get use out of it and everyone wins?
  14. Carni Active Member

Be of good cheer, folks! At least so far, we've not been rum cellared this month!

(Rum Cellared def: the act by which paid for content is made absolutely worthless by free content in under two months)
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

Going to have to agree with everyone..if your idea of making the neck better was 80 potency you all are lazy and refuse to listen to valid feedback. It wouldn't have taken much to make folks happy, putting an equal amount of CB in addition to the potency it already had and some sort of tank stat would have been enough. If that was the case I wouldn't even have complained that the finisher effect doesn't share across to the pets. It does make a gap in a summoners dps versus a sorcerers for example but we're used to that in the grand scheme of things.
  16. kluxor Well-Known Member

No way would I want an allied str effect on there versus the finisher effect. I have a few jewelry items with an allied effect on them and I don't care for them much since there's a lot of times as a scout I don't have anyone near me besides the tank. 40/40 split with some mit% on there will make 95% of the playerbase happy (other 5% there is no pleasing no matter what you do)

Lot of people don't realize also that the two people needed for an allied item to trigger at actual grouped members, not just two people in your raid force
    Luciar likes this.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

They could have at the very least also made the blue CB stat the same as the blue potency stat... you know like on 99% of the gear out there.

Dear devs I don't know which one of you is overcompensating for something, but your local friendly neighborhood doctor will be more than willing to talk to you about your potency issues... ;)
  18. Unsure New Member

I finished the shiny quest line yesterday and received the Torque of Ancient Faydwer. Logged in this morning and noticed that the "55%" Potency is now "8%" Potency.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1108147178 (EQ2 Wire link)

I don't notice any other changes in the stats. Is this the fix??? or is there an underlying benefit that is not apparent?

Edit: I should read all previous recent posts before posting :)
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

So, the previous two shiny rewards have been pretty amazing; BiS items and a decent step ahead of raid gear.

This one, even with upgrade, is essentially 140% average potency. Compare to easily obtainable raid neck with Allied Strength that grants ~130 combined Pot/CB, with a conditional that is met nearly all the time (granted, situationally not met.)

The 80% potency should count as the regular stat, not just for damaging attacks, so that's nice... for those that care a lot about potency.

PROPOSAL: Leave the "finisher" part of the effect as it is, with 120% to damaging attacks. Change the base 80% potency to Crit Bonus, making LITERALLY EVERYONE happy. Mages are overweight on potency right now (especially sorcerers). Non-mages would appreciate the additional CB. Viola... a pretty great item, BiS, that isn't massively overpowered... in line with what we got from the last two collection sets.
  20. Celrath Member

Or make Finisher IV 55 potency and 55 crit bonus.
    Kuulei, Neiloch, Luciar and 1 other person like this.