The reward from new collection.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by dkpc1983, Jun 27, 2015.

1. dkpc1983 Member

[IMG]

The Finisher 4 is not that good be a final reward compare other previous collections.
    Any chance get to improve?
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

Agreed. I do not find any use in this item except for soloing and possibly grouping but that is class dependent. As a summoner, these finisher items have had pet sharing and swarm sharing issues for some time now and I do not recall it ever being fixed. So far the last two collection items have been, at least in my opinion, best in slot in almost every scenario. I was hoping for Allied Strength IV for a neck slot or static ear slots since the devs had made previous comments about going the static route before. This neck is disappointing. I do not see myself rushing to complete the collection anytime soon.
  3. Garhix New Member

With as much trouble as these shinys were, I'd expect something better than that. Maybe add 55CB as well. Or Allied Strength 4 along with addition effect.

Still no love for Tanks.
  4. Daray Well-Known Member

As I posted in that other thread earlier...

Not sure why the choice of the Finisher line on it. It's going to be pretty useless for most classes, and it's still average for those that take more benefit out of that particular effect. You'd expect collection rewards to be something that is (almost) universally appealing. Something like Allied Strength 4, or a new effect loosely designed on it, would have been more appropriate.
  5. Poufe New Member

Agreed, Upgraded Allied Strength with a Unique effect not found elsewhere something that gives the group something maybe, similar to hempen halter, maybe a change to proc the allies strength effect to the whole group or dare I say it to the entire raid :p to make it viable, that collection set is BRUTAL.
  6. Karagon Active Member

Feldon likes this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Wow my puter was NOT wanting that image for some reason.

I completely agree with this thread. That neck is not worth the gajillion plat I have already invested into this shiny collection. Very disappointing. Was expecting so much more. Please add 55 CB, 25 casting speed, 12% max health, 9% mitigation and 35 run speed to it. There, now it's worth it.
  9. Doomey Active Member

I wouldn't even wear it if those stats were thrown on it. The last two collection rewards have been quite good, if not best in slot at least close. I thought this item was a joke when someone linked it the other day. The finisher neck is useless to most classes. You can get a better neck items in lost caverns heroic. It really needs to be taken out and changed with another item. An upgraded Allied Insight or Allied Strength would be a start.
  10. konofo Active Member

Ugh. Fighters like to do collections too...

kono
    Wurm likes this.
  11. Tru of Guk Member

Pretty underwhelmed...just lost my drive to run adv solo's for shinies...Still like the new cloak though.
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'd like a definitive answer since pet is no longer possess-able to check. Does the finisher effect work with pets or not? I recall it being broken so as to work with pets initially, but I also recall effects like that being fixed sometime after they first were introduced.

Answer aside though, like others I expected something more interesting. I'm only on the first round of hidden shinies and I'm already unmotivated to continue based on the reward. And hearing that the next rounds of hidden shinies dwindle in number per zone....

I'd prefer the reward was reworked..plenty of suggestions as to how to do it. If you won't rework it...put the hiddens in advanced solo so they can be gotten alone and call it a day.
    Thanks
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

Aniathor, a well known member, especially by the summoner community, made a thread in early 2014 about specific items not pet sharing. You can still easily find it by looking up Summoner: Broken Mechanics. There were a few nice items added to pet sharing which were uplifting procs but the finisher neck was never changed to do so.

The pet rework was more of a functioning change. The offensive items not sharing is more of a coding issue.
  14. sojuc New Member

omg such a unique item/effect reward for a tremendous difficult shiny hunt !! i mean come on devs you guys just ran outta ideas? upgrading a raid effect as a reward for this is just lame!! i just dont see summoners/tanks and maybe other classes super excited about it , for summoners as many people just said if the effect wont share with primary pet then is just not worth equipping it ! please rework the reward and make it worthwhile for everyone! just lost the excitement to complete this shiny hunt :(
  15. amedu Member

In germany we call stuff like that "cold coffee"..

after first pulling the whole contenct from solo to raid hardmode at day 1 of release, it was kind of clearly visible that this content wont win a price for new inventet scripts, but the loot, looked really interesting so i started to put my focus on the new shiny reward to see what will be on the top of the new loot pool...

i expected stuff like an earring with 5dc, 5 flurry, block, miti, dps , wdb, cb , pot ... i dunno something really cool.

But then the finisher... felt like dbg puts the finishing move on them selves..
  16. duckster Active Member

Could make it as a set bonus effect with the cloak(an option).

In fact could probably do almost anything with it and it would instantly get better than it is in current state. Fairly depressing running the zones back to back for over a week to be rewarded with what is essentially an item only useful for dps/offensive classes without the allied strength/energy jewellery.

Been alot of suggestions on how to improve this neck so hopefully you guys take it all on board.
  17. Enigma Active Member

I would not mind a mount that would finally be better than the bristle bane mount...give me another flurry/DC mount! we don't need the extra resists on the new mounts which is getting old :(
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

I recall the thread from aniathor stating it still wasn't working yes. However there are more recent posts in april of 2015 with poster states it *does* share correctly. So I was curious since this is being brought up as the quest reward. In either case it looks like they have reworked the static potency to probably share correctly...but overall not worth the trouble for the time the collection takes
  19. Hemmrage New Member

Collectibles in the Fabled Echoes of Faydwer dungeons will now lock you to the instance when looted.

Tomorrow's update notes make obtaining this subpar reward even more painful
  20. Meshuggahx Member

Does anyone knows if the effect works on summoners pets? the previous versions of the finisher didn't used to.