The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

Then you clearly don't remember what this game was like, as there was tons of raid loot on the broker until about RoK (There wasn't any EoF loot, but people still sold KoS loot at that time). Not every item was tradable, but there was a ton that was. Even the T5 contested x4 loot was tradable.
  2. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Gods, I remember that...making me feel my EQ2 age.../shakes fist Off the lawn and take them damn gnomes with you! :)
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

And they would implement a "no-SLR" flag in code... how, exactly?

They tried to make no-trade act like no-SLR with the "must be in zone to loot" fiasco, but that hurt the benched raiders, and was a dumb idea, so they took it out. There's no purpose for "no-trade" if it effectively means "one trade within 15 minutes" due to SLR, other than... well... producing a lot of grist for the mill for arguments like these.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Actually I was surprised that they changed the AS zones to dropping chests rather than putting a flag onto the gear saying an item can be traded with anyone present for that kill for the next X hours. They had that flag before, just not on the chests that gave you the loot boxes with hidden rewards (which SS AS still had last time I ran one).
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Why soe decided to change this system do you know? Just curiouswhat happened.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Because short-sighted people cried about others wearing raid gear that they didn't "earn" through killing the mob.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Avirodar Well-Known Member

It cut back on players rolling for loot they did not need, purely for the purpose of selling it on the broker. This issue was frequently reported back in the day.

People who think making everything trade-able and broker-able will solve Norrath's "issues", must have poor memory of times gone, or simply not played back in the early days.
    Rotherian and Kinya like this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So it was mainly complains. Ok, thanks for replies.
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Yeah. I remember that. Not only stuff they didn't need, but stuff that their class couldn't even equip/use.
  10. Jrral Active Member

Also, it resulted in a lot of solo players wearing raid gear. The end result is RoK at launch: a 'zerker going in with the best solo gear from EoF would be hammered down to the yellow taking on a single solo mob, and if a second wandered in you were toast. The power differential between solo-geared and raid-geared's been a perennial problem, it was one of the major reasons behind diminishing returns and crit mit. The gear flags always seemed to me like they were aimed at allowing people to gear up alts while still avoiding having the "expected" gear for solo players being raid-level, so the solo content could be tuned to solo gear while keeping the plaints of "It's too easy!" limited to raiders (to whom it's possible to respond "Well yeah, you raid. You want a challenge, you know where the raid zones are.").
    Rotherian, Neiloch and Estred like this.
  11. Efixea New Member

I loved the older raid zones because i could buy krono from broker and maintain 3 to 4 box accounts with out spending any of my RL cash. And i keep my dads account at gold with ease also. But now that those zones have been "FIXED" i cant do that anymore. I know 23 people that would pay for box accounts because the times we play there was usually no population on (hours were in non prime time)

The plat changes have reduced the accounts of many of my friends by a factor of at least 30. I will be letting my account run out and will not be coming back to any SoE games.

With a history of shooting themselves in the foot so consistently, Im just fed up with having to adjust to the idiocy. 7 year vet moving on.
  12. Avirodar Well-Known Member

So I just read that and... You're upset because you can not run 3-4 "box accounts" at gold level, for free? You will have to excuse me, I am lacking sympathy for freeloaders today.

Krono's are still being purchased from SOE, and sold in EQ2 for plat. In addition, Plat is still there, and can easily be obtained. This is a case of adapt and evolve, or go the way of the dinosaur.
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

this is gunna hurt soe in the long run imo, the supply side of khronos will not adjust past 600p
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

I see them selling for 500-600p now and players still buy them at the same rate. They adjusted down ever so slightly. By soling at the rate I do (roughly 10 hours a week, this is less than 2 hours a day) I could afford 1 Krono a month.
    Kalderon and Neiloch like this.
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

SOE does not care if a Krono sells for 1 plat, or 1,000,000 plat. All SOE cares about is if Krono's are purchased with real cash, via the website.

And the people buying Krono's with intent to sell, only care about the purchasing power of the plat they gain. They do not care about the actual "number" of plat. If in 1 years time, 400 plat will buy what 600 plat does right now, people will be -happy- to sell Krono for 400 plat. Alternatively, if in 1 years time, 1000 plat will buy you what 600 plat does now, people will want 1k for a Krono, and get it, because plat value is based on supply and demand.

Summary - SOE is not hurt, in any way. The only people hurt, are those who exploited old content for unintended plat rewards, and felt entitled to ride the gravy train forever.
    Estred and Neiloch like this.
  16. Balbasur Active Member

That nice Avirodar, but in the real world is there is an excess supply which there will be due to no one buying them in the long run SOE will take a hit in profits due to this.

Supply held constant and demand shifting left due to consumer tastes will lead to lower sales of Kronos hence real wealth will decline, every on knows this. It's the reason why the US government hates deflation in the real world.
  17. Balbasur Active Member

The decrease is price is due to excess supply which means less of them are being purchased.
  18. Balbasur Active Member

As a stay at home mom I find this very offensive can some one please delete this. It adds no value and should be offensive to all mothers.
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Krono prices on Oasis have increased since GU66 launch. Discuss!
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Or more of them are being bought for cash to be sold. the rate at which they are being bought off the broker can be constant still.