The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Consider the bigger picture...

SOE makes a conscious decision as to how much loot a mob drops (item counts, eg, 2 pairs of boots). Do you think the drop rates will remain as high, if "item wastage" is significantly reduced for a raid force?

The rate gear drops would very likely be reduced, to compensate for added accessibility.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

So the SK gets it next time. Got it?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

How soe would reduce drop rate? A raid boss still drops exquisite chest with items. Did you really think about what you said? Do you think soe would suddenly substitute gear with heads to reduce a drop rate? Then they will get raiders to leave this game.

Atm our guild raids all coe EM and works on HM. All raiders pretty much geared. Some items that are dropped go very often to mute b/c nobody needs them even for alts. Why to waste if you can bank them or sell them on a broker?
  5. Cisteros Active Member

This isn't every other game. This is EQ2. Stop comparing it to other games or go play other games.
    Alenna and Wirewhisker like this.
  6. Blissa Active Member

Killing off you cash cow is a sore spot I know. But it needs to be done for the good of the game.
  7. Eileithia Active Member

You are truly clueless if you think SLR is any guilds main source of income. Sure it's nice to get some extra cash once in a while on an item that nobody in the raid, any of their alts, any of the friends of any of the alts and nobody wants to transmute it, but nobody is getting rich on raid SLR unless they are farming it for that purpose (Which is the minority, not majority)

Most of the SLR I see on a daily basis is from Solo zones. I see probably 10 items an hour from solo zones. I see maybe 5 items a day from Heroic zones (Mounts), and I see about 5 items a WEEK from Raids going up for SLR.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Blissa Active Member

Then why are you so worried about it?
  9. Lempo Well-Known Member

I didn't insult you I just stated the obvious.
    You still don't get it, or perhaps you are just being intentionally thick.
    So if they set the minimum bid to 50p or no minimum bid at all do you not think that the richer players would no longer be able to outbid a major part of the population.
    I mean seriously.
    I stand by my previous comment.
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The "problem" as I see it is that SLR is an exploit around 'no-trade'/'heirloom'. Why should it be sellable in the chest, but not after? That whole 'time frame limited to people online during sale' is really just a crock, that simply is something raid guilds want to maintain to keep prices at astronomical levels. Yes, initial prices might be high, but EQ2 economy shows those prices will eventually drop. Like PR, this exploit has remained ignored for far too long, it's time to correct it.

Although tbh I barely care, I don't buy or sell loot rights. I think a lot more gear would make it to the broker if everything was tradable. Not interested in highest gear, just normal gear and standard $OE practice to use a broadsword when a scalpel is needed kicks in and go to the broker and do a search for level 93 armor of any kind, on Guk there might be 3 total pieces at insane prices. I would like to see all gear possible on the broker ( AS/Heroic gear is all I will realistically be buying but some might buy the higher end) on the broker,.

A dead useless empty broker is what I set as the SLR problem, just to clarify.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

You didn't really have enough time to be bored - it was going so fast there at the end. If *I* am doing those zones fast, people that are REALLY good are taking 5 mins or less.
  12. Yukishiro1 Active Member

I ran DC solo in 3 minutes 32 seconds yesterday. I assure you it was very boring. On my SK I just train all the way up to a boss in reckless, aoe it and everything around it down in ~30 seconds, train to the next boss, repeat ad naseum.
  13. Eileithia Active Member

Again.. I could care less about SLR as I've stated at least 10-15 times already. I only care about being able to let my GUILD MEMBERS who are ASKED to sit a chance at loot that drops. I wouldn't shed a tear if SOE could accomplish that without allowing SLR.

As I've stated before. Add a GUILD tag to raid drops. Any GUILD present for the kill can trade the item. You could even make it 5-10 minutes, that's more than enough time to get someone sitting in with a CoV/CoH. Take it a step further to prevent SLR by adding the restriction that you have to be IN THAT GUILD when it's killed. (Probably too much work to code, but it would stop SLR by guild invite) Alts in a separate Alt guild would be covered by the Heirloom tag.
  14. Veeman Active Member

What cash cow? Did you miss the part that we don't sell SLR? All gear is either taken by raid members, their alts or is transmuted. Where's the cash?
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

Forming super gigantic guild pst.
    Alenna and Wirewhisker like this.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Blissa needs to give up.

You need to get out of your head the concept of "needing to earn/farm plat". It's like going to work!

Play the game to progress your character and don't think too much about plat, and plat will come.

No one should be running AS zones for plat. It's just a bonus. I ran them for the fabled drops, just like I run heroics for the gear and raids for the gear.

SLR, while I can live without it in the game, is not the problem. Price is only reflected by demand, it's not really any different to buying off the broker.
    Wirewhisker and Alenna like this.
  17. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Overview of last 100 posts:

1. Lets Kill SLR, here's how!
    2. We don't care about SLR, but your proposal hurts things other than SLR
    3. You just want Mad Platz from SLR
    4. We don't care about SLR
    5. Then why don't you agree with my proposal to kill SLR?
    6. Because your 'solution' affects things other than just SLR.
    7. Goto 1 - infinite loop

I have to assume at least one of the people involved is performance trolling just to make my head explode. (Mission Accomplished)
    Kinya, Vordreth, Wirewhisker and 4 others like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

19. Sure Active Member

Really? o_O Just have more caffeine it fixes stuff like that quickly. ;)

On a more serious note, SLR does need to go away for three reasons.

Firstly it is boring and an inappropriate use of the raids time to sit in raid while it is happening most notably pulling people in and out of the zone to trade money for loot and then reforming the raid and continuing. It breaks flow and destroys mood/atmosphere.

Secondly, it diminishes raiding, it stops being a raid guild and becomes more of department store with a sales team. There is no prestige in that and also it reduces your recruit pool, every raid guild has recruit issues, it reduces the pool because why raid when you can buy the best loot, why even play the game just sell some Krono or SC and be almost best geared and not really use the gear to its fullest anyway. I don't know what most raiders want these days but I can't be in the minority when I say, I want to log in to slay mythical beasts, look good doing it and have fun, I don't want to log in to be a 2nd hand used clothes sales person begging for mountains of plat just to have mountains of plat. I'd also prefer to have a full raid team for more than the first couple of months after the expansion, roster chop is the Pitts! On a related note I have seen a fair number of recruits buy loot to get to their endgame quicker of having all the current EM or better loot, only to mysteriously stop logging in after they reached their personal goals what ever they were in relation to the game, so grats on killing lesser raid guilds faster by selling them loot they don't need nor are they entitled to.

Thirdly, allowing SLR from raid zone basically destroys the incentive to group, why bother going through the hoops of getting heroic gear set which is tuned for the majority of the heroic content when you can get loot that makes you OP to the point that doing group content is reduced to the sport of how fast can you run the zone without dying, or conversely unbalances you so much that when you do group with generic heroic players it isn't fun because you either rip aggro all the time or you end up breaking your role in the group while also pissing everyone off for a multitude of reasons, usually inadvertently, not intentionally. If anything it is this 3rd facet which has ruined the group scene, there is no need to play the game at all to get the best gear in game, none, further more there is no need to go group if you raid anyway, all of three play styles are perfectly set in their own distinct bubbles but get warped to silliness when cross over happens or is attempted.

Progression is meaningless with SLR and the way people play currently, its all about short cutting your way to the top, once there, leave/go dormant. Seen it too many times with new recruits of late, get geared and then leave, or realise progression content is more annoying than it is fun/reward is lacking and thus leave or loot comes too slowly get bored waiting and leave.

A possible two step solution.

Summon able Guild Raid Loot Bank merchant that puts the loot in the raid bank vault to be disbursed when raid is done including people who are benched and guilded, no time limit for loot in the bank, just make it a huge bank like 300 slots. It may mean necessitating branding the loot with a guild tag in order to be able to loot it, by guildies currently guilded only. People who have alts squirreled away in alt guilds may have an issue with that, but, if you are running multiple raid forces, why not run it all under one guild anyway, or do the more honorable thing and exclusively gear your toons independently from your efforts in each guild rather than short circuiting things, your alts if you use them to do old zones would be better off grouping and getting the group gear in this setup, having a reason for decent players to actually mix it up and play would be nice while not being so OP that they end up trolling the PUGs for it, intentionally or not.

Secondly, get rid of Heirloom and No-Trade its dumb just dump the junk on the broker and leave it to rot if need be. Be a lot less pointless arguments in auction about loot that often is only at best a ~0.2% upgrade for your character going for 5 to 20K plat, weather its silly sellers overselling the value of the item or bitter people getting mad they can not out bid the other guy or the troll bidders who inflate bids just for the lols.

My personal preference would be to extend the guild brand on loot further to say, if you leave the guild, the raid obtained gear just melts/self destructs or if you not being that harsh about it, just have it degrade into heroic gear equivalents. It should be a mark of pride to own a set of raid gear and you should represent that guild when wearing it, not in the guild, not raiding, you don't need it nor do you really deserve it, if you are any good your skill in heroic gear will be sufficient to demonstrate that you are a competent player in any new raid guild you choose to join if you do and hopefully you have a decent reputation to boot for those few guilds that still demand references and background checks etc. It would do much to alleviate two minor issues, first of guild poaching raiders, yes its sad it has come down to that but it seems it has, secondly of drama queens (the kind that have hissy fits and end up leaving and rejoining a guild multiple times) or just there for the loot types, those types are hugely disruptive to raid forces. Yeah you can make argument for leadership but sometimes it's better to have hard rules like that to back up the value of being included in a team, rather than make it easy to just blow people off, in both directions on that particular street.
    Blissa likes this.
  20. Avianna Well-Known Member

@sure How would your proposed idea apply to guild alliances? several small guilds that get together weekly to make a raid force.