The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. Black New Member

Many People are mad about the new split because it can not compensate the effort.
    For example, if full group can clear a instace in 1 hour 3 member party will need like 3 hours but the coin reward for 3h work is same as for 1h which is unfair for small groups and solo players.
    For a 24p chest could the split looks like follow:

Memebers Platin Full Amount
    1 6p 6p
    2 5p each 10p
    3 4p each 12p
    4-6 3p each 12-18p
    7-12 2p each 14-24p
    13-24 1p each 13.24p

It will still nociteable reduce coin reward form old raidzones but not so radical like now and many players would be happy .
    Seliri likes this.
  2. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I guess I am missing something here: if you are splitting 24p by 6, you'd be getting less than if you split 24p between 3 and even less than solo. Is the amount of plat based on the size of the group or is the 24p the same for every group? Seems to me, if it is the latter, then you are better off with the smaller group even if it does take longer.
  3. alQamar Active Member

Chests now reward plat based on players present and not a fixed amount that is split anymore. So the same chest is 1P for one player and 6p/6players=1p per player for 6 players.
  4. Nynaeve Active Member

the whole point of scaling plat drops was to ENCOURAGE people to group more.
    so if you're only 3 guys, invite 3 more, or get your mercs out, and don't pretend you'll need 3 times as long!

I would go even further, and remove loot drops, and drop the same amount of TOKENS for each player, which in turn can later be traded into gear, price depending on rarity of the gear.

This way you can group anytime with anybody, and always get something out of it, even if it's just a few tokens more and you need 500 for your dream item.
  5. Kwikdeath Active Member

Yes tokens...let's be just like WoW...

SoE just needs to up the rewards from the group instance a bit to give a bit more incentive for people to run them and they would be busy. Put the new raid crafted component drops in like there was in the old ST and the new group zones would be packed. When people have gear better than the best possible drop there is in the zone, what incentive is for them to run the zone.

Plat in the zones is fine, just get 6 people and slam through the group zone and you're good. If you wan to run the zone with 3 why should you get rewarded more, that is your choice to use players rather than mercs. There needs to be incentives to make people group and incentives to run the zones if the devs actually want people in there, and we have 1 of the 2 in the new heroics at the moment.

(Well, actually the new hard mode heroic has had some decent pieces, but the risk v reward needs to be adjusted)
  6. Skwor Active Member

No that was not the reason, the dev's have stated very specifically the reason for the change in plat drops was to encourage players to move into newer content. The idea is that the newer content will be more rewarding for coin drops than the older content. That is why they added coin drops to COE and the coin drops in CS are higher than older content quests. It had nothing to do with the economy (that was very specifically stated by the devs) and nothing to do with forcing more grouping.

Besides how does 6 people grouping and getting 1 plat a piece encourage a group of 3 people grouping and getting 1 plat a piece to add more people? LMAO
  7. Dexella Associate Producer

Hey Folks,

I know this is a very popular topic right now, and the conversation is best kept in one place. I'm going to be redirecting other threads on this topic to this post; please keep the conversation productive and constructive by sticking to the topic at hand.

Thanks,
    Dexella
  8. Mathrim Active Member

I don't know....maybe by the simple mathematical fact that by doubling the people you would complete the content in half the time, leaving you to run another zone and add more plat to your coffer.

It's not that hard to figure out. Numbers below aren't current, just proving the point.

3 people / 1 zone / 1 hour = 3 pp total = 1 pp per
    6 people / 2 zone / 1 hour = 12 pp total = 2 pp per
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

The problem is while it may introduce more total plat into the hands of players, that plat will not necessarily be put into the economy. People who never felt the need to run PR or other old content for plat obviously didn't have a use for the plat. Those who did run old content for plat just as obviously did so in order to spend it.

Now, the people who don't need plat still don't need the plat, but are getting a larger share of it; and the people who want plat are getting a smaller share of it. That doesn't benefit anyone.
  10. Estal Well-Known Member

The problem I see with this is that it would lead to a very repetitive, predictable and boring grind.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

like PR and SoH? :p
    Mermut, Elostirion and Avirodar like this.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

So we've gone from a once every 3 days you have to spend 30min being bored, to every single day spend 2+ hours being bored. Yea, removing PR and SoH really solved that repetitive grind problem huh!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Last I checked, there were plenty of different places to go get the platz.
  14. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I know calling out the devs doesn't work, but I'd like to know the official expectations, given the plat drop rate, on the following plat SINK rates:

1) What is the purpose of Kenny/Matri/Perrin? They cost 3pp per half-hour. Advanced solo zones drop about 1.5pp per zone. So I'm supposed to be able to run 3 zones in 30 minutes, counting travel time? I'm not sure how that's possible. Or am I only allowed to use the good mercs if I'm always lucky on corpse-loot drops and confine myself to the zones that have the expensive (copper plate, wurmbone cudgel) drops? That seems... unlikely.

Either adjust plat drops so you can solo with them, or adjust merc salaries so you can solo with them, or quadruple the DPS/HPS of the 3pp/30min mercenaries so they're useful in group content, since you need group plat income rates to pay for them. (I had Perrin out in one of the Heroic grotto zones... even with troubador buffs, he only pulled 30K DPS. 3pp/30min isn't worth that.)

2) Is it expected that I have to kill 13 heroic names (~2pp per) to buy a piece of Steward gear? Isn't the spirit/essence/obol gathering enough? I need yet another gate on it? (Before, I could solo PR once and have enough plat for 5 pieces.)

3) Is it expected that I have to kill 250 raid Names (~4pp per) to buy one of the non-destructive unadorners? That seems like a lot of effort to save one item.

4...) Prices on purchased yellow/red adorns, decorative items, etc etc. All of these were set when plat fell from the sky like snow in Minnesota (this spring). Why are they still so high when incomes have been cut so far?

And all of this assumes, of course, that I only use free housing, never die (mender fees), never craft (other than writs), never help my guild pay for the guildhall, never buy things from other players, never etc etc etc.
  15. Yukishiro1 Active Member

I've gotten extremely stingy with my plat and I assume that goes for most everyone else who isn't sitting on 10k+ too. When you look at the numbers there's simjust no way they add up right.
  16. Veeman Active Member

Look folks, you know how vocal I've been on this issue, but in usual SoE style, nothing is going to change. This is now written in stone so instead of complaining on the forums, you might as well go out and look for a new source of income. I realize that nothing is going to do as well as PR, but you can try to minimize the amount of plat you need based on the time you play. For me it was pretty easy by doing the following.

1. Get rid of the super expensive merc. The 3 Plat per 30 mins is just too much.
    2. Any alt that had pay housing I'm starting to move them out to their free housing. (one of the veteran rewards)
    3. Stop playing all alts that you don't need. If they are crafters then they don't count.
    4. Stop running the solo zones. Time vs Reward not worth the effort. Run the zone in SF and SH, they named mobs drop level 90 stuff and the zones can be soloed by fairly well geared toons. If you decide you want an shot at a decent piece of gear and a possible ethereal, then run the fast solo zones like Dreadcutter and Fear. The new solo zones take way too long vs reward unless you're really lucky.
    5. I don't do Heroic zones, so do them if you like, don't know how the time vs rewards are there.
    6. Stop purchasing anything off the brokers that isn't critical. No more buying shineys, no more upgrading adorns unless you pretty sure that piece of gear isn't going to get upgraded any time soon.
    7. If you don't have one and even if you hate crafting as much as I do, Make and level an Alchemist, Provisioner, Adorner, Tinkerer, Transmuter, and your class specific spell maker. If you are a scout you may want a woodworker also.
    8. Save your plats, someday they will be worth a lot more then they are now.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Ugh. No.

My team of alts does not need a "reduction in force". My guild hall does not need a "sequester". I don't want to "suck it up", "tighten my belt", "do more with less", etc. etc.

I deal with enough of that in the real world. This is a game. Escapism. Fun.

If it stops providing fun to the players, I suggest the following list, instead:

1. Play something else.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

In current content? Cause, y'know, the whole point of nerfing the old content was to get you into new content.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

20. Blissa Active Member