The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

And just what makes you think no one will buy them? You're guessing at best.

One group of players (self proclaimed "solo'ers" who farmed legacy "raid" content) will now have a harder time affording Krono for their 3rd and 4th "box" accounts.

But now, another group of players, namely those who focus on current tier content (arguably a much larger pool of the population) will be making more plat. These players will now have the option of occasionally purchasing a Krono for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th "box" account.

Just because plat farming is no longer the exclusive domain of "solo legacy raid farmers", does not mean it is not out there. People predicted crash and burn doom and gloom the day after the change went live. But it looks like the wheels are still turning, from where I sit.
    Daray and Neiloch like this.
  2. Balbasur Active Member

Actually, I'm basing it on Economics.

You are out of touch with reality.
  3. Avirodar Well-Known Member

It seems that your "understanding" of economics is failing to take some important factors into consideration, thus you're coming to misguided conclusions.

The whole transition was a calculated move by SOE, to provide a more balanced distribution of generated plat among the player base. It used to be an almost exclusive (proportionately) domain of those who exploited legacy content. Now it is not. SOE simply did not pull random numbers out of thin air. A system based on logic was implemented, and has already been tweaked to meet desired goal.

Krono holds appeal to more than those who focused on farming 4 expansion old content. Players who are now earning plat via participation in current content, will want to buy things on occasion. Given the top level is where the bulk of the EQ2 population is, and the bulk of the population is now generating plat via relevant content, your attempt of applying your "knowledge" regarding economics, falls short of the mark.
    Wirewhisker and Neiloch like this.
  4. Photus Member

Unrest is dead after Gu66 plain and simple a lot of people either quit or quit logging on.
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

You must play on a different Unrest than I do, because I haven't noticed that at all.
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Merge Unrest into AB then. We could always use some more decent folks. :D
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

What i do notice on valor, the groups becoming less.... somehow, or i don´t even jump to any group at evening lately, maybe one of both.
    I do also think, that it will hurt soe, somehow. But i still think it´s a good change.
    I was not that into it, farming, but actualy i still put 25p every day into the bank. Which at the end sum up decent. (aka my bankaccount grows).
    But, that can be, because my dirge is pretty decent geared and i go through dc in hardly 5-8 minutes (not counted, just feelt that fast.... normaly 3-4 pulls).
  8. Blissa Active Member

All I can say is its been a week now and now nothing is selling on my crafters or I had to lower it to a point where its not even worth selling anymore. This game is dead to me and I have canceled all 3 of my subscriptions. I started EQ in June of 99 its now time to move on. I will not be buying EQ Next!

P.S. SOE needs to triple plat drops or unnerf PR if its not already too late.
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

As to be expected with changes, things actually change. I am now making more plat, than I did before the change.

It is unfortunate that your enjoyment in this game, revolved around exploiting legacy raid content, in order to gain unintended volumes of platinum. I know it was unintended, because the Devs stated that PR will still reward similar plat, if the intended number of players are present (which is 24).

I hope you find enjoyment in your future, be it in real world pursuits, or other games.

Take care.
    Neiloch, Alenna and Wirewhisker like this.
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Funny this was claimed prior to the GU66 changes, in fact it has been claimed by every server for months before the GU hit the servers, getting to be a old broken record. "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"
    Neiloch likes this.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Not sure what server you play on, but I've not noticed any change in my sales on Freeport. I've never been a huge seller of stuff, but will put up a Visionary piece here and there, master spells, status items, etc. Not fast sellers, but steady sellers, and they are still selling.

In fact, the sales of some of the rarer house items have actually increased, which is probably due to the fact that players can now sell decorated houses on the SC marketplace.
    Neiloch and Avirodar like this.
  12. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen, good luck in your future gaming.
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't seen a drop in the sales of the things I have been selling, and haven't adjusted a price yet. I'd love to know what server things are no longer selling on.
    Avirodar and Neiloch like this.
  14. slippery Well-Known Member

You shouldn't wish such a thing on Unrest! There are good folk there!
    Mae-, Neiloch and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

They won't listen...look at the what the last merge landed Freeport with.
  16. Photus Member

Lol if it keeps popping up then its a issue. lost half my guild about after a week after Gu66. A lot because of plat changes, some from summer starting, and the rest because the GU plain sucked and is bugged to hell which was the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of players. The other is it is more of the same Themepark BS one of the reasons why WoW is down to 8.3 million subs because you can't keep putting the same crap out and keep people interested.
  17. Photus Member

Really do you not watch 90-95 channel with every top end raid guild or guild period recruiting because they had players leave? log on at anytime they are all pretty much recruiting for their main raid force. Guilds either need to consolidate the lack of accounts on the server into fewer guilds or we need a server merge. This is the start as the summer and as any MMO gamer knows population goes down in the summer on any mmo. If you are lucky enough to be in a guild who has 24 people show up every raid more power to you But.. From all the recruiting messages asking for anywhere from 3 to 10 accounts needed from most raid guilds I don't see how you can even state that. We are talking casual, softcore, and hardcore raid guilds all recruiting atm. I have personally seen a lot of players change server because they are tired of the low population. Hell even SoE server status shows that Unrest is low population even at peak times. I did a who all 95 95 every day for the past week at peak times and only once did I see there are 100 people matching your search. I did 90 94 and usually only 30 to 49 people at that lvl range and 1-89 less that 70 people in total on average. If your server has less that 250 accounts on at any given time at any level range I would consider the server dead.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Do you breathe and put things like sentence breaks in so that people can actually READ what you're typing? One long run on sentence is NOT something I'm going to endure just to figure out if you have a valid point.

Edit: I do not play on Unrest.
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Photus Member

Personally 4 plat per raid mob is plain stupid after split. Should be closer to 25p to 30p per named kill. I dunno why people have issues with making money from raiding it should be a perk to get ya to do it. 4 plat is a slap in the face for raiders per named kill. you get half that for grouping and that is still way low. killing group mobs should be 10 to 15 plat per person per named. Hell the monkey in AoA doesn't even split right we have been getting silver for that kill after split. I think they messed up the coding being its a different kind of chest where all the others are exquisite chests and the monkeys is not. Raid plat drops per person should be more than 30p IMO being it takes a huge investment to get a toon raid ready and keep them up to date. 4 plat is crap.
  20. Photus Member

Its called half awake and dealing with a 11 month old daughter who is sick haha.