The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Yes, a mob will still drop a chest... But how many items is in it?

Quite simple, really...

There is a number of encounters, which drop a chest that contains more than 1 item.

If all loot was made tradeable, I am of strong belief that the amount of loot a mob drops, will be reduced. So instead of AmalgamonHM dropping 2 pants + 2 boots + extras, it might only drop 1 pants + 1 boots + random chance of extras.

I hope this explains it clearly enough for you?
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It might or might not. When and if it happens then we will talk. Right now I don't even want to bother to reply on your nonsense.
  3. Yukishiro1 Active Member

The problems with tying loot to the guild to try to get around SLR are too large. It's why a benching system makes the most sense if the really want to get rid of SLR. The whole rationale raiders have or why they need SLR is all about benched toons...so why not just address that directly by creating an actual bench you can assign people to.
  4. Daray Well-Known Member

You think the devs are going to invest that sort of time and resources into adding restrictions for a "problem" that doesn't really exist?

If anything you would be more likely to see the opposite - with a relaxation of looting restrictions / making stuff tradable / allowing heirloom+notrade to be listed on the broker with some sort of plat-purchased token / etc. In other words adding options to allow people to more freely trade loot.
  5. Avirodar Well-Known Member

But you replied anyway. Just because the reasoning for it went straight over your head, does not make it nonsense.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  6. Duprey Member

remember when u had to earn gear...what a concept, u guys are so obsessed with plat.. if its kronos ur after... a game sub is 15 dollars, if u cant afford that than maybe more time looking for a job and less time playing games
    Neiloch and Deveryn like this.
  7. Lempo Well-Known Member

Yeah but you are dealing with someone that can't grasp the fact that the BUYERS dictate SLR prices and not the sellers. You can't expect them to understand that if such a system were implemented that the loot rate would be adjusted to compensate. More lucid readers will understand that there is an 'implied rot' % factored into these chests, and you are correct that the loot rate would be modified.
    Elostirion and Avirodar like this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Either you like to argue for arguing sake or you trully do not understand economic definitions. Go for one and read a definition of a buyer's market and supplier's market.
    You actually mixed them. So sorry dude. You are again wrong.

Just to spell to you. Buyer's market it's when supply exceeds demand. An example is one buyer three sellers of the same item. A broker in a game. A buyer dictates a price by choosing to buy or not.

SLR is a supplier' market. Extreme example is an auction of art. Demand exceeds supply. Supplier dictates prices. It means min bid and buyouts. Prices go up drastically. That is what SLR is an auction. The channel even called an auction. LOL.

I used the correct definition and meaning. You didnt.
    I am surprised that self-proclaimed economist here Elostirion liked your post.
    I recommend you do not come with your own economic definitions. It looks silly when you dont have a base knowledge of things you argue about. Good luck in educating yourself.

EDIT: but to be fair. I understood what you were trying to say in your own way. That it was buyers fault for prices to go up that high. Though it was that supply of items is very low. So a seller actually takes advantage of a market to let buyers to bid against each other.

Again as I said before insulting the intelligence of your opponent get definitions straight first. An economist would not understand you.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

Yea, you remember when this game launched and you could sell raid gear on the Broker? I miss that too. What a concept that was
    Wanyen and Wirewhisker like this.
  10. alQamar Active Member

To claim that an auction of all forms of trade is an example of sellers setting the price is mind blowing. It is per definition a form of trade were the item goes to the highest bidder meaning that the price is literally set by the buyers and not the seller.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

But the market is called seller's market. Whatever is blowing your mind is not a definition but your perseption of how it works.A seller sets a min bid. It means buyers can go only up in bids never down. If there is demand for the item of course.

Because demand exceeds supply. However you look at it. It still a supplyer market. Buyer dictates a price when there plenty to select from.

I am not going to argue with you guys anymore about it. It's tiresome when opponents twist definitions based on their own understandings of events. Good luck.
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

Or the buyer could choose not to buy the item at all because the seller set the item too high. Self control is such a novelty these days.
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Ha now you are talking about a market of one seller and one buyer or rather supply is equal to demand. And it' different. Nobody really has full control. Both would eventually agree on a price. Only if buyer trully desires to get an item and not trolling slr channel :)

All in all a buyer has a control over prices when demand is way low than supply.

Here is the thing. People here mix one def with another then a buyer names a price for them it means they dictate it. Which is not really if you think seriously about it.
    I agree it can be mind blowing thing. But that's how economic definitions set up.
    So i see their points but I dont like to be insulted b/c I try to tell them to use correct definitions.

Seller and buyer markets definitions are based on who has a true control over market not what we see on a surface. In auction a seller has full control. Time of auction, min bids, increase in bids, buyouts. He can withdraw an item any time and so on. Again it' all based on rarety of an item and demand for it.

Sorry for long rant. I am off :)
  14. alQamar Active Member

On my server there are lots of fabled AS drops that get muted because noone wants to buy them. Initial bid is between 100 and 150 plat. To claim that this is a sellers market is not founded on facts at least not on my server. And claiming that sellers set the price in an auction is failing to grasp what "set a price" means.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

What happens now on your server is that there is no demand. So yes your server market is now a buyer' s market. So yes in your situation you are right. I agree.Though your seller actually again dictated the market. Instead of reducing price he muted it and probably got his money from selling adorn mats. All in all who had an item won.

But bp of drinal slw goes for 20k is a seller market b/c a seller decided to put it on a market. And the demand on it was huge.. The problem is you treat a market as a whole channel or a server no matter what is sold. It's not correct. Each item can have a market with sellers and buyers.

Please go read definitions and examples. You are the one failing here. Sorry.
  16. alQamar Active Member

All i said initially is that this sentence
    is in no way true regarding an auction. And it can never be because bidding buyers are the definition of an auction.

Then i said that this sentence
    is not true on my server. At least not in general.

You say i am right and that i am the one failing in the same post.
    You are the one generalizing SLR is a suppliers market and then suddenly claiming that a single item can be a market when you are proven wrong in your generalization.
    I know how supply and demand work, thank you. You are right that there is a high demand for some items. Your generalization is still not valid.
    Seiffil and Neiloch like this.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Again you are playing with words and the way u see it on a surface.
    It's not my generalization it's definitions of markets if as u claim you know economics. Ur market for that particular item was a buyer 's market. Where a buyer dictated price indirectly by not buying an item. Not by saying or typin in a channel.

Anyway sir /ma'm have fun with slr ))
  18. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Actually no I don't recall all raid drops was no trade and sellable on a broker
  19. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Ditch Heirloom and No-Trade for anything dropped. (Since SLR exists, they clearly aren't doing what they say.)

The earlier comment that "that just means the raid guilds will guild-bank a full suit for every archetype for new recruits, rather than running old content to gear them up?" That's a feature, not a bug. The plat change was to get people into current content, right? So the removal of SLR would accomplish the same thing, for raiders, that the plat change did for soloers and groupers.

And then extra gear after that can go on the broker, which is more equitable, since your ability to gain loot (as a buyer) isn't dependent on your ability to log in and do SLR stuff during someone else's raid time.
    Kraeref likes this.
  20. Avirodar Well-Known Member

They are not doing what they say? According to who? You? Try reading what they actually say...

No-Trade does EXACTLY what it is designed to to. The person who loots the item, is unable to trade it to other players.
    Heirloom does EXACTLY what it is designed to do. The person who loots the item, can trade it among same-account alts, but not other players.

Looking into it any further than that, is a logical error on your part.

SOE have considered locking loot to those present when the mob dies. They chose not to. There was even a content release where only those present could be allocated loot... SOE fixed it so that the loot could be allocated to anyone who zoned in.

They clearly do what they say. You might have had a point if there was a "No-SLR" flag... But there isn't.