The new split system need some adjustment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Black, May 2, 2013.

1. Seliri Well-Known Member

imo changes should & must be undone

they're EXTREMELY unfair considering the disgusting & gross hypocrisy on the part of SOE which has left a rampantly inflated platinum coin in the hands of many veterans, by the thousands

the entry adoption curve for competing in the EQ2 economy is too high without the old plat coin chest system in the zones players frequented
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Offers a HUGE mug of coaco with marshmallow topping

Edit hope your daughter's OK. Hard to send hugs through a game but you have mine.
  3. Photus Member

I would gladly take it lol.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You have proof of any of those orange claims? The red is your opinion but the orange appear to be statement of fact.
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Perhaps but only because of those chests themselves. The biggest mistake SoE made was not doing this sooner. But the argument that the damage is done so we should leave it in since people are used to it is short sighted at best.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

It can be easy to forget real life and even easier to forget that others HAVE a life. How is your daughter doing? I won't ask what she is ill of since that is none of my business and should not be the business of anyone you interact with....hint hint.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Chests?

Oh you mean the game breaking things that you could get all of 10p from for a group...got it.
    Actually I don't get it but whatever.
  8. AFP's Uke New Member

Is it all of the Tungsten Ore you were going to buy up and price gouge on that isn't selling?
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

ADHD really sucks I doubt he remembers even threatening that.
    Oldtimer, Neiloch and Avirodar like this.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

If guild recruitment messages are your basis for judging population, then this game has been dead since T5....
    Neiloch likes this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Nah. Because then one of my Grubglub characters would become Grubglubx. :eek:

:rolleyes:
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Yukishiro1 Active Member

This is sort-of backwards. The damage could have been undone if they had done a currecny revaluation at the same time. But that would never happen because that would make the vets angry, and SOE knows what side of the bread the butter is on.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

You are about to see why deflation doesn't work and why the Fed fears it.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Just curious. Which category of player do you believe brings more long-term players to the game?

a. Die-Hard Loyal Veteran. Wouldn't look at another MMORPG, much less play it. Knows most, if not all, of the lore, which is behind the things that have been happening and the things that are yet to come. If you are stuck on a quest, more often than not, one of these players will be able to tell you how to proceed (and in some cases give you the reasons behind it).

b. MMO Magpie. Keeps bouncing around to the next shiny thing. Makes people with ADHD look calm.* Thinks that lore is just a tag on equipment and furniture that stops someone from owning two of something. Doesn't read quest dialogue; requests help; acts offended when asked if they read quest dialogue; gives negative response.

Now, granted - most players fall somewhere between those two extremes. However, the closer one is to the first category, the more likely one will be to have a positive effect upon another player. (Unless, of course, one goes out of their way to be rude to another within the game. I usually don't unless it is in reciprocation - or unless I am having a particularly bad bout of indigestion at the time. :oops: ) A player of category b could be the nicest person in the world, but if a new player has a great time grouping with them, and then doesn't hear from them for weeks or months at a time, that new player probably isn't going to stick around - unless he/she happens to group with a veteran that doesn't mind showing them a few of the ropes. (And not all veterans will, mind you, but there are enough of us that are only a tell away - just keep in mind if you** send me a tell it might take me a bit to answer them since they are on a separate tab from my main chat.)

* This is, of course, hyperbole.
    ** You as in the indefinite reader, not necessarily you, Yukishiro1.
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. Oldtimer Active Member

oh ho that tungsten ore comment made me laff. Only a complete idiot would try to own the rare market in a game with unlimited potential for finding more 'rares' which aren't even very rare anyway he he.
    Neiloch and Avirodar like this.
  16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

That wasn't very nice.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm 2 parts A, 1 part B... I am a die-hard veteran who wouldn't look at another MMORPG, and I do try to help anyone stuck on a quest. But I stopped caring about the lore a long time ago, and I only read bits and pieces of quest dialog when I'm forced to choose something other than the first option in a conversation. =P
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I played Guild Wars and I loved it. Good graphic and better system of hiring mercs. You can actually manage them unlike in eq2,
    I play eq2 b/c my husband introduced me to it. And now I cannot just leave my friends and guildies. It's just mostly emotional attachement rather than liking the way this game went.
  19. Blissa Active Member

This goes to show how much school did for you. Your reading comprehension is the pits I never said I was going to be the one buying the Tungsten Ore, it was a example.
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It seems that education has failed everyone. There should either be a period or a semicolon after the word pits, the singular indefinite article of a word that begins with a vowel is an (not a), and you should probably consider inserting the word that between said and I in the last sentence.

And there are most likely errors in my post, as well. In fact, I would be surprised if there were none. (Edit: Corrected an error that I found. See I told you mine had errors. :D )

Regardless, as long as the plat per person split in a new zone is equal or greater than that of a legacy zone originally designed for the same number of people when the legacy zone was current content*, then the split system needs no adjustment. (Sorry to bring it back to the thread topic, but someone needed to do so.)

This doesn't preclude players from playing previous content for drops and either selling those or transmuting the drops. If the player chooses to transmute them (and they have invested the time to level their transmuting skill to the appropriate level), they can then either sell the components or make adornments (again, if they have invested the time to level the skill high enough) and sell the adornments.

* This is a handy way to figure it:

If it was a legacy raid zone, and now gives a per person split less than current raid zones, the current raid zone coin split needs no adjustment. If the legacy raid zone gives more per person, the current raid zone coin split should adjust upwards. If it was a legacy group zone, and the per person split is less than current group zones, the current group zone coin split needs no adjustment. If, however, the legacy group zone gives more, then the current group zone split should be adjusted upwards. There is no basis for comparison for Advanced Solo zones, since they did not exist prior to the current tier (T10). Overland T10 zones should have coin drops higher than those of previous tiers. If they don't, the coin drops for T10 overland should be adjusted upwards.
    Alenna and Avirodar like this.